• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Champions Cup 15/16 - Rd 5 Pool 3 (Glasgow, Saints, Racing, Scarlets)

A crap game with some very strange calls ...... Where is the Northampton gone from last week ??

Ryan Wilson cited for grabbing Dickson's testicles. Learnt a new law today!

"Law 10.4 (m) Testicle grabbing or twisting or squeezing
Under World Rugby's Sanctions for Foul Play, Law 10.4 (m), Testicle grabbing or twisting or squeezing carries the following sanction entry points - Low End: 12 weeks; Mid-Range: 18 weeks; Top End: 24+ to 208 weeks."

Swinson cited for the punch.

Ryan Wilson cited for grabbing Dickson's testicles. Learnt a new law today!

"Law 10.4 (m) Testicle grabbing or twisting or squeezing
Under World Rugby's Sanctions for Foul Play, Law 10.4 (m), Testicle grabbing or twisting or squeezing carries the following sanction entry points - Low End: 12 weeks; Mid-Range: 18 weeks; Top End: 24+ to 208 weeks.

Swinson cited for the punch.

Chuck in making contact with the eye area by Ashton and biting by Thomas, it hasn't been a stellar weekend.

Hopefully Ashton gets like 6 weeks or something and they can replace him with Rokoduguni in the EPS.

I'm not going to get excited about Racing. I've seen this before. Hell, last year we topped the standings heading into the play-offs (okay so we had Treviso in the pool) only to get murdered by Saracens. Also in the Top 14 the last two seasons we were the higher placed team only to fall foul in the semi (2014) and QF (2015)... if my mind isn't failing me. Anyway, either that or near enough as to make no difference. We are 'nearly-men'. I admit the inclusion of Carter and our young'uns firing (and the resultant depth) gives me some hope but I almost hate that hope.

this year Racing may just surprise you, they are better in all departments and a very difficult team to beat these days.

Racing are a different beast this season. They have a backline and youngsters coming thru. They are contenders in the league. They were robbed blind last year in Europe.

Carter has brought a calmness to the side that is allowing all of the players to make correct choices. Plus he instill confidence with his style and his kicking. He can do for Racing what Wilko did for Toulon and what that very same team are now in need of!

Latest posts