• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Champions Cup - Pool 2, Round 5 and 6 (Castres, Harlequins, Leinster, Wasps)

How is that only a scrum and how can Yarde complain? Yarde flopped over - never on his feet, prevented the ball coming out...penalty.

Good shout on MOTM.

Plus good to see big Brad still standing up to the younguns. :D

Haskell has been ridiculous...close to 30 tackles.
It'll be frankly embarassing if he's not preferred to Wood in the six nations.

Haskell should be all over the England back row tbh.

Typical Quins. Great one week, dire the next.

Haskell is a hard one. In New Zealand he was immense, whenever the ball landed he was within 5 feet of it every time. In the AI he was well pretty poor. I wouldn't be against him being the 20 shirt but I wouldn't put him above Kvesic or Ewers as the flanker next to Robshaw.

Maybe but Robshaw was still very good, so would you have (assuming that you would have Robshaw) Kvesic, Haskell or Ewers ?

I don't really see what the problem with the commentators are; they're covering a topic that's of interest to England rugby fans. Whether or not Lancaster opts to use Hughes, it's still certainly a topic for discussion. Don't shoot the messenger and all.

The IRB sets the eligibility rules, any outrage over the rules should be directed at them IMO.

I think it would be silly for England to put higher standards on nationality than what is set by the IRB.

I don't expect billionaires to not exploit tax loopholes or lazy people to not take benefits they don't need, because I know a lot of people are arseholes, that doesn't mean I don't think they're dishonest ***** when they do it.

Last edited:
I don't expect billionaires to not exploit tax loopholes or lazy people to take benefits they don't need, because I know a lot of people are arseholes, that doesn't mean I don't think they're dishonest ***** when they do it.

Not exactly a great comparison that mate...

I disagree... people taking advantage of a flaw in a system in order to use it in a manner which it was not intended for.
Directly beneficial to themselves but detrimental to others.

Last edited:
Haskell is a hard one. In New Zealand he was immense, whenever the ball landed he was within 5 feet of it every time. In the AI he was well pretty poor. I wouldn't be against him being the 20 shirt but I wouldn't put him above Kvesic or Ewers as the flanker next to Robshaw.

Wasn't his match in November his first game back from a nasty virus that left him bed ridden for a while?

I disagree... people taking advantage of a flaw in a system in order to use it in a manner which it was not intended for.

I presume all Bath players were born in the city or its environs or all Glaws players are similarity born? What the hell is the difference between club and country if you follow the rules for which, incidentally, you cannot be held to be "dishonest"!!

If you wish to run the world on morality rather than a legal basis, everyone has a different base for what is and what is not "moral".

At least rules and laws have been set in writing and are thereafter capable of change by a majority decision and not just a change in "fashion"!!!

What do you mean by "flaw in a system"? The three year residency qualification doesn't occur because someone has found some loophole to get players in through the back door. The IRB explicitly states that players qualify after three years of residency.

You not agreeing with the rule doesn't make it a flaw. I also think that three years is probably too little for players that move late in life. As I said, it's something to take up with the IRB.

When does the rule change to needing a passport?
Is it going to at all, or what that just for the whole switching nationality thing?

I presume all Bath players were born in the city or its environs or all Glaws players are similarity born? What the hell is the difference between club and country if you follow the rules for which, incidentally, you cannot be held to be "dishonest"!! If you wish to run the world on morality rather than a legal basis, everyone has a different base for what is and what is not "moral".

Clearly not - if you genuinely need me to explain the difference between a private club and a nationally representative team then I don't hold much hope for you.

I don't expect the world to share my values - I will judge them by them though.

What do you mean by "flaw in a system"? The three year residency qualification doesn't occur because someone has found some loophole to get players in through the back door. The IRB explicitly states that players qualify after three years of residency.
You not agreeing with the rule doesn't make it a flaw. I also think that three years is probably too little for players that move late in life. As I said, it's something to take up with the IRB.

No, you're right, it exists because in real life people do move around and their national identity does shift.
Project players and individuals stating they might like to play for a country they've only lived in for a month or so are hardly the intended outcome though.

I agree that it is probably too short and that the IRB need to sort it out.
As I say though, that doesn't mean I don't condemn the people who actually take advantage of it too.

Anyway... a bit off-topic.

Last edited:
Pool 2 Round 5

Can't wait. Hopefully the massive effort from Wasps last week takes it's toll and since we got to take players off early we can take advantage.

That of course is meant to be round 6.

- - - Updated - - -

Well Ashley Johnson is a bit of an idiot.

Latest posts