• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Champions League 06/07

my biggest problem was the fact that we were **** poor on the weekend.

lets be honest... we deserved to lose to portsmouth. and i was abit worried about this morning but they really came out and eased my fears.

heres hoping we can keep it going...

Best referee I have seen in European competition for a very, very long time.

He let Man Utd get stuck in and play it like a Premiership match. From there, the pace at which they played the game was at time frightening.

I don't like them or Chelsea, but at least I respect United for the way they play. And the fact they haven't merely splashed the cash on every player they put out.

I don't like them or Chelsea, but at least I respect United for the way they play. And the fact they haven't merely splashed the cash on every player they put out.
[/b]

Yeah they were very lucky Rooney, Ronaldo, Carrick, Evra & Smith all being aboandoned on Alex Ferguson's doorstep as infants. Thank God these plucky amateur G14 teams are still around to challenge the cynical financial might of "Chel$ki".

;)

I only said they haven't spent huge amounts of money on every player they put out. Any big club will do their bit in the transfer market.

i dont know about that... during the 'Glamour Era' of the 90's Giggs, the Neville boys, Scholes & Beckham were all key parts of that side and they were all from the Utd system...

you cant say the same about Chelsea in there period of dominance.

the key players for United winning the treble were Keane, Schmiechel, Stam, Cole and Yorke, all signings and bar Schiemchel expensive signings, only Scholes and Giggs could lay a claim to having as much significance.

Manchester United will NOT win the Champions League this Year!!!

AC Milan Would be my bet to be honest...

Hope you're right, I can see Milan getting at least 1 away goal, without Vidic United don't look that sound defensively and wonder bra doesn't exactly look high on confidence either. And they certainly won't throw in the towel like Roma did.

As for the other tie, I can only see a Liverpool win, it goes against all my reasoning as Chelsea are a better team, league form proves that but Liverpool come good in these one off ties and it certainly helps having the second leg at Anfield.

were in tatters at the moment defensively. with rio limping off against boro its not looking good at all. i wish this 1st leg was being played at the San Siro as i would rather a weakend defence be on when away goals are not on offer for milan.

if we can hold them goaless or maybe even to 1 away goal i think were in with more then a good shout for the 2nd leg. the thing is though... Roma are supposed to be much stronger defensively than Milan... and we all know how well Roma's defence went against united.

awesome game..... abit mixed about the result though. rooney may have just kept us in the tie though.

two away goals.... they really worry me for some reason.

nevermind... if someone had asked me at halftime if i would take a 3-2 win... i would take it in a heartbeat.

Kaka was the best thing in that game...

The rest of it was boring...

Would honestly say Milan will do them in the San Siro next week

It will defiently be a tough game...

judging by your quarter final predictiona charlie lol, i am as a united fan very optimistic about next weeks game!!

come on united!!

Nice to see United's "cosmopolitan" support getting behind them. :rolleyes:

They're favourites for the competition in my eyes though, despite running out of defenders.

Ahh the difference being that Roma held you in Rome and forgot to turn up for the Quarter Final... AC Milan are a different team altogether... They have a player who is far far far more superior to any of your players and is just deadly, he made two goals out of nothing...

United need to be going to Milan looking for a nil - nil scoreline as if Milan score and they will over there... I don't think Man United are the best team in the Champions League... AC Milan are...

god your hatread towards united is clearly blinding you, ac milan are not a better team than manchester united, its tht balck and white im afraid.

cosmopolitan, lol

United just beat AC though with a shoe-string defence. Work that one out. [/b]

At Home, with 70,000 "Fans" booing Milan when they touched the ball, also by conceding 2 away goals...

Well Done...

:huh:

god your hatread towards united is clearly blinding you, ac milan are not a better team than manchester united, its tht balck and white im afraid.

cosmopolitan, lol [/b]

Two Scrapy Flukey Goals, and One superb finish... yep thats enough to say United are better than AC Milan...

When was United's last Major Trophy???
When did United last win a Champions League Semi Final...

Ronaldo is your best player without a doubt, However How did Paul Scholes not get booked for his constant illegal tackles, I guess the ole biased Ref Syndrome...

Will United win a Trophy this year.... I Don't think they will...

Its not hatred its common sense... Why are United Better than Milan Cos I honestly can't see a case so far...

You Guys have been listening to ITV Commentary for Too Long, its Scrambled your Brains

Latest posts