• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Champions League 06/07

I would honestly put money on United, especially with the lack of Strikers at the moment, they could quite easily go out against Roma... I think Sir Alex would Rather have the Premiership than the Champions League this year... so he may sacrifice himself in that...

Lack of strikers? Rooney, Saha, Ole, Smith and Larsson for a little while yet. Plus both Ronaldo and Scholes who can play up front, it doesn't sound that bad to me.

Larsson for one game, Saha out for 4 weeks and Rooney in poor form, not looking that good.

united will go fine... they have more then enough firepower up front to beat all of these sides. wayne rooney is in poor form at the moment but all it really takes is one moment of brilliance from him and his form will change. Saha should be back for the 2nd leg and with Ole likely to start in his absence i lose no faith at all.

the only thing thats stopping a UnitedVLiverpool final in Athens is a crazy welshman and his golfclub!!

I just think that PSV and Roma will be trickier than both teams think. Both have put out better quality teams than Liverpool and Man Utd have, Barca are shite in comparisons with last season before anyone starts up.

We caught them at a bad time I agree but I think you've spent much of the last week belittling our result, which was an excellent one.

I totally agree with you about PSV and Roma as well.

We are talking about the last 8 of the comp there are NO easy ties this late on...

We caught them at a bad time I agree but I think you've spent much of the last week belittling our result, which was an excellent one.

I totally agree with you about PSV and Roma as well.
[/b]

Well I'll give you that, it was an excellent result becasue bad and all as Barca are I still don't think Liverpool even now are as good. So it was an excellent result.

in no way am i predicting a Utd V Liv final yet.
just being abit cheeky...
after the last couple of years im not taking anyone for granted. i remember back to 01/02. i was getting ready for a mega showdown between Utd and Real Madrid in Glasgow.... i pretty much laughed at Leverkusen and found out the hardway about Ballack and Nouville.

what does everyone think of AC Milan?? i know they would be unpopular winners because of the whole match fixing crap but with Kaka playing well they are a serious threat. im guessing Ronaldo is cup tied??

Bayern aren't world beaters either so it's a good draw for both sides and with both avoiding Chelsea or Valencia in the semis they'll be fairly confident of getting to the final and any of these teams are capable of getting a result in a one off game.

this is uniteds year im afraid, theres only one team with more hunger than us and thts valencia!!

Yeah cause the other teams just don't want to win the biggest prize in club football. :rolleyes:

The winner or the Chelsea Valencia tie and I've not said everyone is **** either.

Any Team can Beat Any Team...

I think Manchester United will Struggle with Roma.. they are a tough side to play and going to Italy will be difficult... Really they didnt do a great job again Lille....

Chelsea will lose to Valencia, I would put money on that...
Liverpool will have a tough tie, and I could see us going out to PSV...
And well Bayern vs Milan, will see Bayern Go Through...

Thats my honest feelings... we have a very good chance of having an English Team in the Final which is great for English Football...

But Like I said dont rule out anyone... as they are all hungry for the Champions League...

Manchester United are more consentrated on winning the league at the moment...

Manchester United thrash Roma 7-1 at Old Trafford :cheers: and will play either Bayern Munich or AC Milan in the semis

Chelski beat Valencia 2-1

I think Manchester United will Struggle with Roma.. they are a tough side to play and going to Italy will be difficult... Really they didnt do a great job again Lille....

Chelsea will lose to Valencia, I would put money on that...
Liverpool will have a tough tie, and I could see us going out to PSV...
And well Bayern vs Milan, will see Bayern Go Through...
[/b]

Well I can't talk much about Chelsea but apparently they really turned it round on that second half at the Mestella....What can you say about Utd though. Pains me to admit it but it was footballx2 last night. Mesmerising stuff...skill, power, verve, a killer instinct and such an understanding between what is a pretty youthfull team.

Belief and confidence in every single touch once they'd got that first goal. That move for Smith's goal was something else. Was it 6 touches from 6 different players? Defence into attacking into a goal.

Is it teams stepping up to the plate on the big stage (***metaphor mixing alert***) or is European footy just a load of old image-over-content cack compared to the Prem?

how good were carricks goals??
that 2nd goal was almost Lampard/Gerrard like.
i havent really considered him a threat from 20 yards out but hell... he was deadly this morning.

and there were people here worried about a lack of strikers?? they just tore apart one of the strongest defences in club football.

how good were carricks goals??
that 2nd goal was almost Lampard/Gerrard like.
i havent really considered him a threat from 20 yards out but hell... he was deadly this morning.

and there were people here worried about a lack of strikers?? they just tore apart one of the strongest defences in club football.
[/b]

It was awesome...for the 10 minutes I thought Roma were going to make it very difficult for Utd but once they found their feet it was irresistable. I think they'd have beaten any team you'd care to name last night. The closing down and tackling coupled with the pace, movement and close control were pretty much spot on.

Latest posts