• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Champions League 06/07

Chelsea are efficient as opposed to spectacular.
[/b]

bof didn't find them very efficient ... maybe in premier league but i was not impressed of their ChL match ...
Chelsea is this year (like many all star teams, see the real 3 years ago) a sumn of great players but not a team !!!

I agree with you.

They have all the components but don't always click. What they do do well though is defend extremely efficiently.

I agree with you.

They have all the components but don't always click. What they do do well though is defend extremely efficiently.
[/b]

i haven't seen them a lot this year but i think it's a big mistake for them to have sold Gallas (thats very good for the Gunners btw) ... but with guys like Makelele, Essien, Terry, A. Cole and Chech, such a lost is not too dramatic ... we'll see

Interesting start to matchday 3 with Arsenal going down in Moscow 1-0 but should have got a point after having a perfectly legitimate goal ruled out, handball my arse.

Man Utd certainly seem to be cruising through this group with a 3-0 win over Kobenhaven, doing a favour for Celtic in the process who did their chances of progressing no harm with a 3-0 win of their own against Benfica.

Elsewhere Milan picked up an away win in Anderlecht, Porto comfortably saw off Hamburg, Lyon picked up an impressive 3-0 win in Kiev, Real won in Bucharest while Lille saw off AEK.

E Steaua 1-4 Real Madrid
E Dynamo Kyiv 0-3 Lyon
F Celtic 3-0 Benfica
F Man. United 3-0 København
G CSKA Moskva 1-0 Arsenal
G Porto 4-1 Hamburg
H Lille 3-1 AEK
H Anderlecht 0-1 Milan

Hail Hail, the Celts are here,
What the hell do we care,
Hail Hail, the Celts are here,
What the hell do we care now...

For its a grand old team to play for,
For its a grand old team to see,
And if you know the history,
Its enough to make your heart go,
Nine-in-a-row

We don't care what the animals say,
For we only know,
That there's gonna be a show,
And the Glasgow Celtic will be there.

Sure it's the best darn team in Scotland
and the players they are Grand,
"We support the Celtic"
'cos they are the finest in the land.
We'll be there to give the bhoys a cheer
When the League Flag flies,
And the cheers go up 'cos we know the Scottish Cup
is coming home to rest at Paradise.

:)

I thought you supported Everton?
[/b]

Indeed I do but y'gotta keep an eye out for the Celts though.

everton.gif

123.jpg

a1_2.JPG

apparently the mersey has gone down to glasgow :)

so ... how did you find lyon ? still crap ? hum they scored 8 goals in 3 matches for 0 taken ... :) they have the best goal average (+8) in 3 matches. only the bayern could do better if they win 3-0 tonight ...

it's not at this stage of the competition that there's any questions over them, it's at the business end of the competition where they've just fallen short and where the questions over them remain unanswered

apparently the mersey has gone down to glasgow :)

so ... how did you find lyon ? still crap ? hum they scored 8 goals in 3 matches for 0 taken ... :) they have the best goal average (+8) in 3 matches. only the bayern could do better if they win 3-0 tonight ... [/b]

Hey, Lyon are a good team, they are just a little bit short.

<div class='quotemain'> apparently the mersey has gone down to glasgow :)

so ... how did you find lyon ? still crap ? hum they scored 8 goals in 3 matches for 0 taken ... :) they have the best goal average (+8) in 3 matches. only the bayern could do better if they win 3-0 tonight ... [/b]

Hey, Lyon are a good team, they are just a little bit short.
[/b][/quote]

its gona get hard as we miss a world class center forward... fred is good but he needs to become a huge player (like drogba, shevchenko or henry) to take lyon to the chL final ...

Things are tieing up quite nicely for the final fixtures. Lyon have secured top spot with Real taking the runner up spot following their 2-2 draw.

Arsenal are in a precarious position despite their win tonight, that Porto win in Moscow has thrown that group wide open, Arsenal need a point to guarantee qualification while Moscow could take top spot should they win in Hamburg.

Man Utd are in a spot of bother following their defeat to Celtic, cracking Nakamura freekick and some cheeky goalkeeping securing a win against a poor United side. Celtic are through, took me a while to work it out but they're through alright. United should be alright, you'd think they'd beat Benfica but we know what they did to United and Liverpool last year so the warning signs are there.

Milan are also through depsite losing in Greece, with AEK and Lille battling it out for the runners up spot.

I hope Benfica take it to United at Old Trafford. That could prove amusing with Nemanja Vidic in town. Slur Alex will still be having quite a few strong words I imagine.

I predict a good game at Old Toilet. And a riot.

The annoying thing is that wankstain will probably get an easier draw by finishing second.

It'd be nice to see them tumble into the UEFA Cup, IMO. At least they can't go all the way out this season!

Interesting result from Group A with Chelsea losing in Bremen and thus leaving them only needing a point in the Camp Nou, I say only it still won't happen but I don't think the special one will lose much sleep over that loss.

Liverpool have guaranteed top spot with their 2-0 win over PSV but a rake of injuries adding to Rafa's headache. Inter have joined Bayern in the last 16 with top spot to be decided on matchday 6, while Valencia secured pole position in their group in the wake of their 2-0 win over Olympiacos but Roma could be in serious trouble with Donetsk only 2 points behind the Italians who must travel to Spain on matchday 6.

Great result last night but at a large cost, those injuries are a big blow.

So Groups A to D sorted tonight, Barcelona secured the runner-up spot in Group A but Bremen should count themselves unlucky not to go through with 10 points especially when teams like Rangers have previously qualified with 7 points.

Bayern finished top in Group B with a 1-1 draw with Inter, who also qualify as do Roma and Valenica out of Group D, while Group C was a done deal before Liverpool and PSV both lost tonight.

and now a more than decent chance of getting Barcelona, Real or Inter in the last 16 so not much benefit from finishing first in the groups this year, except for Chelsea who can't get Barca and any English team which finishes runner-up.

Latest posts