• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Champions League Thread

At least the away goal keeps the tie interesting. Real should have had more, was a penalty when Raùl had his jersey pulled back.

i definately think if liverpool and real can score atleast one goal on the away legs(especially liverpool) than they should be though to the next round. although liverpool know what its like to come back from an early away goal to steal victory and advance. good work from liverpool though, especially considering they were without there main threat.

The return of Gerrard should be crucial for Liverpool, they'll probably get at least 1 goal which should be enough.

Real are always a threat in front of goal, I think Gravesen is a decent signing for them and the game in Turin should suit him down to the ground.

aye Gravesen does have a bit of bollick about him when he plays. His body language coming off the pitch was very positive. He'll be a good signing for them

Chelsea did well to get away with a 2-1 defeat Barca were impressive but Chelsea defended quite well, considering the attacking prowess of Barca, Lopez' goal was a beauty, fortunate for their second but Eto'o finished well. Lucky o.g. for Chelsea.

Great result for Milan at Old Trafford, from the bits I saw Milan looked to be the better team, much better passing, better skilled than United, goal came at the right time as well. Milan will be quite pleased at the timing of their goal, 0-0 away from home is never a good result in the Champions League.

f***ing Anders Frisk screwing us over. Makelele, JT and Cech were different gravy. Good result considering the plonker in yellow.

They knew who the ref was beforehand and that he is a pernickity ******* easily conned by divers, *cough* damian duff, deco. Play the ref, Drogba didn't, he should have calmed down after his first card and make the ref forget he's there but he put in a couple of dodgy challenges and paid the price with a high foot, keeper made a meal of it though.

Still an uphill task for Chelsea, Barca will score at the Bridge so Chelsea will need 3 or 4 to go through.

Originally posted by shiznit@Dec 21 2004, 01:08 AM
who needs to defend when you have the likes of C Ronaldo, Rooney, Ruud, Smith and Saha up front.
Rio and Co. will hold up there end dont worry about that.
the only person i worry about is Roy Caroll. after the return leg against Lyon he gives me the shits when play heads down his end.
well he had most of them on tonight and they made **** all difference.

United's defence certainly wasn't at its best and if Kaka wasn't so selfish it could have been 0-3

You were certainly right about Caroll, another gift from calamity caroll

As i wrote in another post Milan is a problem for all the teams in this champions league...they still regret about last year defeat against deportivo.They play a great and calibrate football,no problems in any repart.Crespo played a great game of sacrifice,great nite for the red and black devils.On the otherr hand rooney has been erased by nesta and van nistelrooy needs time to sort out phisical probs.Carroll is a disaster if i was ferguson id play with howard as gk.the only man utd player id save is quinton fortune.
About real madrid juve just 3 words:THANK U REAL!!!!!!!!

There seems to be a bit of a storm in a teacup after Chelsea refused to speak to the media and have made a complaint to UEFA. Mourinho was chasing after Frisk at half time saying you can't do that. Apparently Rijkaard said hello to the ref at half time. There must be more to this.
<

The best result is that of Lyon who have defeated 3-0 Werder Bremen, the current German champion...

Otherwise I think Chelsea, Juventus Turin and Monaco should be able to win at home and pass to the QF.

That's the least talked of result, yet completely eye opening.

That tenner I had on Lyon at 25-1 is looking good at the moment!

Originally posted by DonBilly@Feb 24 2005, 10:14 PM
The best result is that of Lyon who have defeated 3-0 Werder Bremen, the current German champion...

Otherwise I think Chelsea, Juventus Turin and Monaco should be able to win at home and pass to the QF.
don't say juventus will win anymore.

Juventus against Real Madrid will be a classic tie.

Bremen vs. Lyon is the only one that looks settled.

Originally posted by DonBilly@Feb 24 2005, 10:14 AM
Could have been so different had Fergie not been arrogant enough to play a decent team in Fenerbache.
<
<
<

Originally posted by St Helens RLFC@Feb 24 2005, 11:11 AM
Oh look, United lost.

I was right and shiznit was wrong.
hey mate, united are still well in it. if it wasnt for a stupid bluder by another idiot united keeper than it would have been 0-0.
Milan wernt that good. Milan didnt look threatning all night. probably because Shivchenko was missing more than anything. i watched the game and i can tell you that Man U were more threatning than Milan. they just blew there chances.
why Fergie pulled ronaldo off instead of fortune is beyond me.
anyway im not too worried yet.

Originally posted by shiznit+Feb 25 2005, 10:11 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (shiznit @ Feb 25 2005, 10:11 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-St Helens RLFC
@Feb 24 2005, 11:11 AM
Oh look, United lost.

I was right and shiznit was wrong.
hey mate, united are still well in it. if it wasnt for a stupid bluder by another idiot united keeper than it would have been 0-0.
Milan wernt that good. Milan didnt look threatning all night. probably because Shivchenko was missing more than anything. i watched the game and i can tell you that Man U were more threatning than Milan. they just blew there chances.
why Fergie pulled ronaldo off instead of fortune is beyond me.
anyway im not too worried yet. [/b]
<
but are you serious?have u seen the same game wa all watched?Firstly fortune was the only one who created sumethin dangerous for milan,cristiano ronaldo didn't touch a f***in ball.And then have u seen the ball in man utd possession for the big part of the game?

But Milan did what you didn't - they took their chance! THAT is what football is all about.

United aren't out of the tie by any means but I will be very surprised if they score in Milan, never mind win.

Latest posts