Bath
Worcester.png
Versus%20Challenge.png
Cornish.png

Sixways Stadium
Wednesday 18th May
Kick Off 7:45pm
Live on Sky Sports

Big advantage for Worcester after their away win, but at least the Pirates have kept the first leg close enough that this is a very meaningful game. Warriors really do deserve to go up they are the class of the Championship, and with Pirates not meeting the standards for promotion I'd like to see Worcester in the Premiership.

Hopefully teams like the Pirates and Bedford can improve their grounds and make these playoffs even more exciting if many teams can make the jump to a higher level.

Warriors make 1 change to the lineup that beat the pirates in the 1st half of this final.

Warriors

15 Chris Pennell (c)
14 Marcel Garvey
13 Alex Grove
12 Dale Rasmussen
11 Miles Benjamin
10 Andy Goode
9 Jonny Arr

1 Adam Black
2 Chris Fortey
3 Tevita Taumoepeau
4 Greg Rawlinson
5 Craig Gillies
6 Neil Best
7 Jake Abbott
8 Kai Horstmann

Replacements
16 Aleki Lutui
17 Bruce Douglas
18 Graham Kitchener
19 Adam Balding
20 Ollie Frost
21 Joe Carlisle
22 Alex Crockett

Bench is very strong, when you consider you have the likes of Lutui, Douglas and Kitchener coming off it.

We are under way at sixways and the Pirates kick an early penalty... 6 Point gap!

Aggregate score is currently Worcester 34 - Pirates 18

Worcester pack has been superb and very strong.

Worcester are back in the Premiership, Leeds go down to the Championship, and the Pirates did themselves proud!

Pirates for the Prem next season (if they can get a ground sorted) I say!

Congrats to Worcester.

Hope they go far in the Premiership next season.

Ditto on the Stadium for Pirates... lets hope they get it in order for next season.

For me it will between the same teams next season - Pirates, Bedford and London Welsh for the ***le.

Hopefully as it's been mentioned that the Pirates bid for a stadium in Cornwall goes ahead.

No one knows (apart from the teams) for certain - it hasn't been released to the general public :S
I think it' around 11,000 though

No one knows (apart from the teams) for certain - it hasn't been released to the general public :S
I think it' around 11,000 though

Strange.. Yet quite a few Premiership teams struggle to get 10K crowds. :?

For me it will between the same teams next season - Pirates, Bedford and London Welsh for the ***le.

Hopefully as it's been mentioned that the Pirates bid for a stadium in Cornwall goes ahead.

Leeds will go up, have Bristol signed anyone good?

In the Football Premiership, Blackpool didn't have a good enough ground to play in the Premiership but they were allowed to go up on the condition that if they stayed up they would use the extra funds generated by the Premiership to redevelop their stadium

why not do the same with teams like Cornish Pirates?

Leeds will go up, have Bristol signed anyone good?

In the Football Premiership, Blackpool didn't have a good enough ground to play in the Premiership but they were allowed to go up on the condition that if they stayed up they would use the extra funds generated by the Premiership to redevelop their stadium

why not do the same with teams like Cornish Pirates?

Leeds squad will get decimated and I don't think there is enough there to mount a serious challenge. I expect a Bristol job there with a few years of the re-build before the push.

Leeds squad will get decimated and I don't think there is enough there to mount a serious challenge. I expect a Bristol job there with a few years of the re-build before the push.

It would be better to predict Leeds when their squad is confirmed for next season

but they didn't have any trouble getting back up in 2006/07, 2008/09

Leeds are in a huge amount of debt atm though so won't be able to afford to keep on many of their top players/sign good replacements

I wouldn't be surprised if they bounced up, but I think the teams Cymro named are going to be hard to get past

Latest posts