• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Chappel Hadlee Trophy

No, sledging happens all over the world. Apples and bottles being thrown at you doesn't. Its hard to ignore apples being thrown at you, they actually do hurt if they hit you.

Originally posted by The TRUTH!!@Nov 30 2005, 08:22 PM
I never said Lewis is young but hes been next in line for a while now and deserves a shot.

and I never said White was as good as Andy(symonds is probably the the best 1day players in the world) i mean he bats like symonds,afridi,cairns hes a big slogger.
LOL....Symonds is no way near the best 1 day player in the world

Originally posted by ..::ERIC::..@Dec 4 2005, 11:32 AM
No, sledging happens all over the world. Apples and bottles being thrown at you doesn't. Its hard to ignore apples being thrown at you, they actually do hurt if they hit you.
bottle throwing happens in nearly every cricket ground in the world not just here in nz. it does happen in australia and in asia they throw fire crackers on the ground. I did say the apples were probbaly a bit extreme but lee didn't help by interacting with the crowd either. the crowd will get bored if you do don't do anything back to them and peform well in the field like the black caps did in australia.

lets see how aussie do when bond is back for wellington....lets see how they handle some 150km/h chin music or in-swingin yorkers

Ponting is also Bonds bunny

this is a team i would like to see some time this summer

01. Stephen Fleming
02. Mathew Sinclair
03. Lou Vincent
04. Scott Styris
05. Chris Cairns
06. Jesse Ryder
07. Jacob Oram
08. Brendon McCullum
09. Daniel Vettori
10. Kyle Mills
11. Shane Bond

12. Andre Adams or Nathan Astle (super sub)

adams is out injured and sinclair and ryder are not in the current squad. and proabbly won't get back in this summer.

bond won't be back for the wellington game. he maybe back for the last game in christchuch.

Originally posted by esoj@Dec 4 2005, 12:36 PM
adams is out injured and sinclair and ryder are not in the current squad. and proabbly won't get back in this summer.

bond won't be back for the wellington game. he maybe back for the last game in christchuch.
Sinclair will be back.....guys like Jesse Ryder,Ross Taylor,Jamie How,Peter Fulton will force there way in

the Marshall twins and Craig Mcmillan are bums and flat out suck, they had plenty of chances,time to move on

I guess sinclair might come back into the one day side possibly another change but i doubt there would be sweeping changes to the team

damn i dont think i will be able to get my free tickets now damnit

that was a shocking game *runs away*

New Zealand are bleeding terrible and Australia have only seemed to improved since the Ashes. I don't think we will be matched this summer.

Originally posted by philbe@Dec 4 2005, 09:01 PM
lets just see how aussie go, with Bond bowling at 150km/h at them
Better than yours did with Lee doing the same thing.

Originally posted by esoj@Dec 4 2005, 11:25 AM
I guess apples are a bit over the top and could do some serious damage.
mate - apples.... baaaaaaaack in the skool daze, you get frozen apples, now they hurt! and rubberbands, then you put a peice of wire in it, then pull it back like a sling shot - they also hurt.

i cant belive that there were like 40 people that got kicked out though. thats alot of people dicking around.

yeah man there were heaps in the terraces getting taken out. especially in the second ininngs when nz was batting. there were several fights and people having beer bottle wars. they closed the bars early as well. so for the latter half of the game there was no alchol. I am sure an apple could do damage if they were being throwen from the first few rows of the terraces as that was like point blank range to the boundary fielder down there

they were just finding some entertainment, there wasn't anything going on in the middle why not pick a fight or 2. they were just trying to vent their frustrations

note: i do not condone violence of any kind.. unless its in a video game.. but pain is good, only if it isn't my pain... or i didn't do it

when there's no match in the middle and u are full of 10-15 beers, and the bars just got closed..........u get distracted, and a little ****** off

hence biff or run on the field.

or just go home.

I must say, Brett Lee of alll people is someone I'd love to clock from the boundary

but these days, i cant.............his forms tooo bloody good

lol that is basically how it went ak people got drunk couldn't get more so took it out elsewhere. was still a fun night out with the boyz. lets hope the second game is a bit closer

update on me going, can't get hold of the guy doesn't look like i would be able to get a ticket off him anyway

also i can't get off work cause i am on call. and if i went to the game i would be drunk and if i got called out i would have to walk to the office (drunk) and fix the problem (drunk) so i might stay at home and watch the cricket and work from home. (drunk but at least i dont have to walk)

<
save money that way 2 i just bought myself some beer for wed as well
<

well fair enough and if it goes like the last game you're proabbly better off at home. the second innings on saturday was really boring execpt for some hits from oran and carins plus all the excitement in the terraces. proabbly not worth the $27 i paid to get in but oh well was with mates and the black caps don't play aus too often

Originally posted by Groen_en_Goud@Dec 5 2005, 05:55 PM
I still reckon the Australian supporters are the worse...
I don't know where you pull that from. A bit of a sledge and some cop banter is about as bad as it gets at our cricket matches.

Latest posts