• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Chappel Hadlee Trophy

W

woosaah

Australian squad Ricky Ponting (capt), Adam Gilchrist (wk), Nathan Bracken, Stuart Clark, Michael Clarke, Brad Hodge, Brad Hogg, Mike Hussey, Simon Katich, Michael Lewis, Brett Lee, Andrew Symonds, Cameron White.

New Zealand squad Stephen Fleming (capt). Nathan Astle, Hamish Marshall, Scott Styris, Lou Vincent, Jacob Oram, James Marshall, Craig McMillan, Chris Cairns, Brendon McCullum (wk), Daniel Vettori, Shane Bond, James Franklin, Kyle Mills.

No Mcgrath and some new faces in the Aussie team. against a very good New Zealand team. New Zealand looks pretty strong but not as strong at the aussie batting lineup.

it will be a very close series i am guessing but i am a little disapointed that they are resting mcgrath.

also fleming is out of the first two one dayers so that leaves an opening spot for somoene.

what does people think
<

didnt you see what the aussies did to nz at the begining of the year?

and SA just clean sweeped the kiwis so this will be no contest me thinks.

bring on SA!

That's what you said about the league.

Nah, the Black Caps have their work cut out for them. I haven't been following cricket for sometime though...

New Zealand will thrash 'em.

yeah whatever
<
i think this series will be totally different

the super sub rule doesn't help either teams cause, and if you lose the toss your screwed

i reackon this will be a much closer series than what people think

Seriously, who's idea was the super-sub 'rule'?

It just doesn't make any sense. What is it's purpose?

if you could get to pick your sub after the toss it would be fair
the way it is it just sux

I don't think this tournament is very credible, merely a few games to get us ready for the Yarpies.

P.S. Who's Michael Lewis? Hayden should have got the nod, he's going great guns at the moment. And would somebody please tell Chris Cairns to have a bath.

i dunno who he is or cameron white.
it is a bit sad to see cairns in there, its just that we dont really have anyone else and he is still very good. he maybe around til the next world cup who knows.

pity they had to rest mcgrath

The top order needs to fire for the black caps which didn't happen in SA. the middle and lower order were left with way too much to do so some guys at the top need to be getting some runs. hopefully oram can bowl in this series because the nz attack was very limited without him being able to bowl. cairns is world class and is exactly what the team might need a old face with fresh enuthanism.

one of my friend's has a birthday on saturday so we and some mate are going to the cricket. my friend though will be ditching us as he will be in the air nz corperate box while the rest of us will be in the terraces.

excellent tell us what you think of the game
<

i am still trying to get wednesday arvo off to go to the caketin to watch the game there. its a possibility, i just happen to be on call at the moment which kinda sux.

yeah man hopefully black caps can win but should still be a good game anyway. i hope you get work off so that you can go to the game.

I'm expecting a very close series. Im going to the Christchurch game, can't wait. Many of NZ players have a point to prove about why they are in the team. Playing against Aussie - can't think of a better situation foe them to do it
<
. Vettori's captaincy is going to be good to watch too

yeah should be a good series without doubt. will be close for sure epsecially going by last years series and the fact the black caps are wounded from playing aus earlier this year and getting thrashed in SA. and what better way to warm up than playing some blic

meh i been playing to much blic really need a break from it
<
i want the league game

at this stage it looks positive for me going next week
<
also looks good that i might be able to score free tickets through work now that would be awesome.

yeah i played blic pretty hard with a mate on the weekend before the rugby and league came on. I am so looking forward to league game and playing some of you online. ah thats good woosaah that you will proabbly be going and free tickets are always good

Mick Lewis is a promising fastbowler and Cameron White is an awsome young allrounder that bowls some leggys and bats like Andy Symonds both play for the VICS

the truth, thats a big call, comparing him to andy symonds, you think he is up to the challenge
<

yeha well I haven't heard of him but the truth must know his stuff so I will trust his judgement for now. Can't wait for the first game just a few days away now

Latest posts