• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Chiefs vs Stormers

But seriosuly, the Stormers first try came from two offences, one knock on on the other side of the field, should've been Chiefs ball back in the Stormers 22m (or 10 possibly). Also, Stormers constantly infringed and didn't get pinged, and yet when the Chiefs did it they got pinged.

One final thing, the penalty try that was awarded was a load of crap. If it was a tackle and the guy was offside, it should've been a penalty (or freekick, I can't remember anymore XD) for playing the ball on the ground when the guy threw it up, otherwise the guy who caught the ball wasn't offside.

Sour Grapes. The Stormers won because they were better than the Chiefs on th day. Simple as that. Tonderai Chavanga FTW!

The Stormers dominated the breakdown with their far superior loose forwards, opposing fans will of course say they were cheating but the Stormers had the better of the Chiefs in virtually every area. Great to see the scrum holding up and more this season B)

But seriosuly, the Stormers first try came from two offences, one knock on on the other side of the field, should've been Chiefs ball back in the Stormers 22m (or 10 possibly). Also, Stormers constantly infringed and didn't get pinged, and yet when the Chiefs did it they got pinged.

One final thing, the penalty try that was awarded was a load of crap. If it was a tackle and the guy was offside, it should've been a penalty (or freekick, I can't remember anymore XD) for playing the ball on the ground when the guy threw it up, otherwise the guy who caught the ball wasn't offside. [/b]

:cryy: Dam dem grapes are sour bru :lol:

Lol chiefs got smoked sorry man but I'm a New Zealander but a Hurricanes fan so hahahaha Waikato you got owned.

Coming from a Wellington man I'm not too worried :p But seriosuly, at least two of the Stormers tries shouldn't have been tries (due to stepping on the line, knock ons etc). Admitedly the Stormers were better in the rucks and what not, but O'Neil got penalised once for exactly what Burger had done about 10 minutes earlier, and yet Burger didn't get a penalty o free kick and won a turnover. I will say that Stormers played quite well, but it should have been a much closer affair. Maybe if we had a NZ or SA ref it would have been different, I haven't seen any godd OZ refs in a while :(

i didnt see the penalty try, but the fact is, if you tackle a player while offside, and he would have scored a try, - a penalty try is right. a yellow card if its a professional foul, which imo would be something like killing the ball near the line - but depending on momentum etc also pt is an option.

the bits i saw of the game though, the cheifs did look slack, and alot of plays were purely oppitunist ones.

The thing is though, if the it was a tackle and the player was offside, the tackled player would not be able to pass it off the ground and thus should have been a Chiefs Penalty.

If it wasn't a tackle then the CHiefs player wasn't offside.

Either way, it was unfair on the Chiefs.

Ahhhh... It seems as though the Stormers are finally beginning to show the potential many have been waiting for. They never were good travellers, but now they have two very good wins away from home. The real test will be how they go against the Blues next weekend.

Oh my god! I just watched the replay (to find more ref errors :p) and I discovered two important things. Bot of the Chiefs tries which were disallowed (One for 'forward pass' the other for being out) should've been tries. The Chiefs player hadn't touched the ground when he threw the pass, and thus he wasn't out. Also, the pass which was called forward was quite clearly not. It probably wouldn't even be considered flat! Man, OZ refs suck...

I also watched the game again and the Stormers were even more superior than when i watched it in the first place. Why are you still going on about a couple of refereeing decisions a day later? it was a penalty try because it stopped a certain try coming from an offside position. The ref was reasonable, some dodgy decisions but mainly the right ones.

Onwards and upwards for the Stormers up to 7th with two of the three best sides out of the way.

See, you can't deny the fact that the Chiefs were screwed over. I explained why it shouldn't of been a penalty try already, obviously you're to stupid to read that though.

Either way the guy stepped out.

See, you can't deny the fact that the Chiefs were screwed over. I explained why it shouldn't of been a penalty try already, obviously you're to stupid to read that though.

Either way the guy stepped out.
[/b]

Yea but nobody can take your views can seriously, take off your rose tinted spectacles and just admit the Chiefs were poor again and deserved nothing. In every game you can pick up on 50:50 decisions and complain but only the most bitter fans watch replays to pick up on potential bad refereeing decisions. Get a life!

First off, a 50:50 decision is when someone rules something when it could of gone either way, ie. a flat pass or a high tackle where someone slips. If someone steps on the line but the fer doesn't pick it up it's not a 50:50 decision. It's just stupidity. I only watched the last ten minutes of the game just to see if I was right, I wasn't really worried about the rest as, afterall, the Chiefs did play like crap.

haha yeah cheifsfan. talk about sour grapes.

the simple fact is that they were out played. ref blaming gets you no-where. take the blues game. it was lost on the blues account. sure you can nit-pick at the ref, at some players, but the fact was, they wernt prepared for the curcumstances that occored. its what sepeates the good from the great. the ability to win, regardless of foul play, injurys, mind blocks, and bad refs.

haha yeah cheifsfan. talk about sour grapes.

the simple fact is that they were out played. ref blaming gets you no-where. take the blues game. it was lost on the blues account. sure you can nit-pick at the ref, at some players, but the fact was, they wernt prepared for the curcumstances that occored. its what sepeates the good from the great. the ability to win, regardless of foul play, injurys, mind blocks, and bad refs. [/b]

I didn't watch the Blues game so I can't say. I will make a comparisson howver with the QF between the All Blacks and France. I have moved on from this but, to sho my point. A great team can still easily lose a match based on the refs decisions. Sure, they should've been able to win at the end, but ran out of a good first five. Nooone can honestly say however, that if it weren't for the ref, the French would have won. It would be blatant lieing to do so.

Chavanga and the Stormers made Chiefs pay for too many errors. seems to be something of Chiefs season so far, as least they can always fall back and say their not the worse team in NZ. thanks highlanders :)

Latest posts