• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Chris Jack

B

bobilycious

'English club Saracens have confirmed they are attempting to secure the services of All Blacks lock Chris Jack in a deal that would see him head north after the World Cup.

According to New Zealand newspaper The Daily Mail, the club is offering the player NZ $2,15 million to ply his trade with the Watford club.

Chris Jack has not been in action in the opening Super 14 exchanges, being a member of the withdrawn All Blacks conditioning squad.

"He is one of the players we are looking at," Saracens' chief executive Mark Sinderberry said.

"It would be great if we could get him but these things don't happen overnight. We'd like to think we will make one or two significant signings.

"We are 20 per cent of the way there - that's as much as I can say."

It has always been anticipated that a collection of top outhern hemisphere players would be targeted for lucrative European contracts, and already All Blacks centre Aaron Mauger has signed for Leicester. He will join them for two and a half years after the World Cup.

Saracens have in the past imported such international stars as Francois Pienaar, Tim Horan, Michael Lynagh and Phillipe Sella.'

http://www.planet-rugby.com/Story/0,18259,...1954970,00.html

How old is Jack? I though he was only about 28?

Hardly a retirement move, not unless he stays put for another 7 years or so.

By the time the world cup come around he'd probably be 29, and if he stays with Saracens a couple of seasons he'd be 31 or so...i suppose a player of his ability could come back to super14 and play another season or 2 after that

It's too bad Saracens will never be able to tear Paul O'Connell, the best 2nd row in the world, from munster. He's a Munster man through and through

It's too bad Saracens will never be able to tear Paul O'Connell, the best 2nd row in the world, from munster. He's a Munster man through and through [/b]

Please provide me with overwhelming proof that Paul O'Connell is the best 2nd row in the world :)

<div class='quotemain'> It's too bad Saracens will never be able to tear Paul O'Connell, the best 2nd row in the world, from munster. He's a Munster man through and through [/b]

Please provide me with overwhelming proof that Paul O'Connell is the best 2nd row in the world :)
[/b][/quote]
Don't need to really. I think it's pretty much accepted that he's the best 2nd row in the world. Great in the Rucks, Mauls, incredibly strong (not just your typical lanky 2nd row. he's got some meat), probably the best line-out jumper in the world, GREAT at making the hits, Scores more tries than your average 2nd row. I'm without a doubt certain of it. I recall the Irish pack reaally maulling the ABs pack in both matches to the trip down under last year. The pack which O'Connell leads. Unfortunately the ABs won but they got away lucky on both occasions. We didnt lay down. We were winnign for a while in the 1st test.
More proof?? Was Chris Jack a nominee for best international rugby player last year?? No..... Was O'Connell?? Yes!!!!

Jacko would be a huge loss to the All Blacks and the Crusaders because of his wealth of experience and leadership.

He is the best lock in the world so its always going to hurt the crusaders a lot. Especially since only about half of the crusaders have actually played super 14 before.

if anything we lack depth in lock....it would take years for eaton and co to accumulate the standards of experience of top footy that jack has aquired...

if he did stay..he could become one of the more legendary allblacks and try out for 70 plus test cap rep...

sell out..anyone?

It's too bad Saracens will never be able to tear Paul O'Connell, the best 2nd row in the world, from munster. He's a Munster man through and through
[/b]

Do shut up about Paul bloody O'Connell.

Very good player yes, but he is nowhere near the undisputed 2nd row champion of the world. If you watched any of the Lions tour you would have seen Chris Jack and Ali Williams show him up.

Saracens are just trying their luck here.

I think Jack would stick around for another 2 to 3 years before heading North to Japan.

North to Japan pfft? Only lazy, bone idle, good for nothing, infuriatingly slow and lazy (did I say lazy?) players like Jaco van der Westhuyzen go to Japan and even then they only go because they know they'll be set for life there.

Nah, Jack is as good as ours. He's seen how good a deal guys like Marshall, Merthens and Burke have had going north to Europe and he doesn't want to miss out, especially when he'll probably get to play in an adult competition and wear a jersey that isn't made by Adidas and sponsored by Ford like every other S14 team out there.

And what exactly is the problem with him getting on a damn plane and flying down to join the rest of the All Blacks for when they tour? This is one of the most annoying things about rugby, the fact that Rugby players can hack broken bones, severe concussion and even life threatening spinal injuries...but when it comes to the menace of jet-lag and DVT! whooooooaaaa there! careful now! We don't want you over-extending yourselves here.

- ARGH - sorry for the irrational post but there is one thing that gets on my nerves, teams who think they are so fantastic and that anyone who leaves for anywhere else is a "sell out" because obviously nothing can compare to the S14...*rawrs!* you see?! You made me start all over again!

Its just a foregone conclusion. (NOTE: Obvious irrational Saracens talk going on here,)

Why would Jack wanna join a team that has Andy Farrell???

Nah! just kidding there Prestwick. Jack still has a few years left of competitive rugby and he still wants to play on for the ABs.
After all the vigorous years in a tough comp like the Super 14, he may want to wind down and take it easy in Japan...like Toutai Kefu.

P.S: Hey Prestwick, I also support Saracen but not Farrell.

British%20Pound.jpg

Very Lucrative...
How could you pass up the money? You have to take those opportunities.

Japan offers just as much. Toutai Kefu is reported to be on a deal worth $2 million...

Japan has so much money in their rugby that it's crazy!

Companies own the teams and i don't think there are any salary caps.

Here are the team names:
  • Toshiba
  • Toyota Verblitz
  • Ricoh Black Rams
  • Yamaha Jubilo
  • IBM Big Blue
  • Secom Rugguts
  • Coca-Cola West Red Sparks
  • Kubota Spears
  • NEC Green Rockets
  • Sanyo Wild Knights
  • f***uoka Sanix Blues
  • World Fighting Bull
  • Kobe Kobelco Steelers
To top it all of the name of the competition these teams play in is called the Microsoft Cup.

There is outrageous amounts of money floating around in this competition as a result of direct affiliation (being owned lol) by multinational corporations.

jack would be big blow for sure. he is without doubt if not the best lock then certainly in the top few in the world. however I don't think it would be as dire as others have said. we have the likes of robinson, flavell, williams,rawlinson, eaton , all are quality locks and have played at the highest level.

it will be interesting to see how many players do leave after the world cup as lot of them especially all blacks have signed on for a few years after the wc.

North to Japan pfft? Only lazy, bone idle, good for nothing, infuriatingly slow and lazy (did I say lazy?) players like Jaco van der Westhuyzen go to Japan and even then they only go because they know they'll be set for life there.

Nah, Jack is as good as ours. He's seen how good a deal guys like Marshall, Merthens and Burke have had going north to Europe and he doesn't want to miss out, especially when he'll probably get to play in an adult competition and wear a jersey that isn't made by Adidas and sponsored by Ford like every other S14 team out there.

And what exactly is the problem with him getting on a damn plane and flying down to join the rest of the All Blacks for when they tour? This is one of the most annoying things about rugby, the fact that Rugby players can hack broken bones, severe concussion and even life threatening spinal injuries...but when it comes to the menace of jet-lag and DVT! whooooooaaaa there! careful now! We don't want you over-extending yourselves here.
[/b]

What a crock of ****, for a start, European Clubs, especially the English Clubs do anything in their power to stop any players, even English Players themselves from ever gaining another test cap, and secondly, the NZRFU don't want to have the same sort of situation as say Argentina where the Domestic Comp has no name players at all and is vastly devalued because they are all in Overseas Leagues, thus costing the NZRFU a truckload of cash.

Latest posts