• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Conman Smith

C

carlosisgod123

I don't know what people see in Conrad Smith. Can anyone tell me?

Seems like he has conned his way into the AB set up or maybe he is putting his law degree to use and he is holding something over Henry so he has to pick him.

I see his nickname is "The Snake" for his ability to slide through defences. Well that is before he became the bulked up version of Conrad. Now he is about as silky and slick as a guy in a wheelchair trying to navigate a field of crevasses.

Can't say I see him make too many breaks, decent passes. He might do a bit of tackling but that's his bloody job. Christ.... having Ice at centre would be better I reckon....and that is desperate.

Let's hope AB selectors see sense and put Mils at Centre and Leon (God) at Fullback.... and one of them or both of them don't get a serious injury.

I don't know what people see in Conrad Smith. Can anyone tell me?

Seems like he has conned his way into the AB set up or maybe he is putting his law degree to use and he is holding something over Henry so he has to pick him.

I see his nickname is "The Snake" for his ability to slide through defences. Well that is before he became the bulked up version of Conrad. Now he is about as silky and slick as a guy in a wheelchair trying to navigate a field of crevasses.

Can't say I see him make too many breaks, decent passes. He might do a bit of tackling but that's his bloody job. Christ.... having Ice at centre would be better I reckon....and that is desperate.

Let's hope AB selectors see sense and put Mils at Centre and Leon (God) at Fullback.... and one of them or both of them don't get a serious injury.
[/b]
Wow, a guy with such a shite username making such insightful comments!!! You've hit the nail on the head mate. Conman is a farce. I can't believe he got a decent write up after another game going missing against Scotland. As usual he created nothing.Silky!! My arse is silkier than that!!! The new Mr. Invisible (that is after Rueben's commanding performance in an unfamiliar role). Please God!!! Let Mils and McD be fit at the same time for once.

Nice one BJOK - Good to know there is at least one New Zealander out there with some bloody sense!!!!

But come on.....talking about your silky arse. Christ....I haven't had lunch yet and now I won't be able to eat for a couple of days.

i agree, rico gear, rueben thorne and conrad smith are the AllInvisibles

Nice one BJOK - Good to know there is at least one New Zealander out there with some bloody sense!!!!

But come on.....talking about your silky arse. Christ....I haven't had lunch yet and now I won't be able to eat for a couple of days.
[/b]

Just another Aucklander with his head up his ass. No way in hell is Ice better than Smith bud. Who knows why he has the name Ice given to him, he's got the worst temperament I've ever seen on a Rugby field.
He drops a ball/misses a tackle and his confidence goes down faster than a $2 hooker, and that's game set match for the AB's. Yes, thats exactly what we need isn't it mate.

<div class='quotemain'>

[/b]

Just another Aucklander with his head up his ass. No way in hell is Ice better than Smith bud. Who knows why he has the name Ice given to him, he's got the worst temperament I've ever seen on a Rugby field.
He drops a ball/misses a tackle and his confidence goes down faster than a $2 hooker, and that's game set match for the AB's. Yes, thats exactly what we need isn't it mate.
[/b][/quote]
The reason they call him Ice is becos when he tries to catch a ball it's like there is ice on his hands. Clumsy and lacks any rugby sense. His only upside is that he is big. Maybe he would be good in the England team then.

Conrad Smith is a poor man's Turinui - god i hope they play him in the semi.

Toeava is in his best form!...only when he's playing at Super Rugby level. He doesn't impress me at international level as much as Super Rugby. When he burst onto the screen for the Blues, I thought this guy was back on track and certainly on his way to the no. 13 jersey left empty by Umaga. And wha-da-ya know? His (then) current form comes falling straight back down. This clearly indicates that another different centre is necessarily required. The ABs management wern't stupid to bring back the experienced Conrad Smith. <_< Even though he is slowly fighting his way back up, I'll still rate him over Toeava.

Toeava is in his best form!...only when he's playing at Super Rugby level. He doesn't impress me at international level as much as Super Rugby. When he burst onto the screen for the Blues, I thought this guy was back on track and certainly on his way to the no. 13 jersey left empty by Umaga. And wha-da-ya know? His (then) current form comes falling straight back down. This clearly indicates that another different centre is necessarily required. The ABs management wern't stupid to bring back the experienced Conrad Smith. <_< Even though he is slowly fighting his way back up, I'll still rate him over Toeava.
[/b]

I don't thinlk it is much of a bloody choice really - Conrad "I'm only in the team as I have the same last name as the AB back coach" Smith, and Ice "I look like I've just come out of Mt. Eden" Toeava. Both are crap - as I said before - it has to be Mils at centre and Mcdonald who just happens to be the best fullback out there at the moment.
Goddamit! If only they had Rico there as well - he could play centre. Still be a better choice than those other choices

Goddamit! If only they had Rico there as well - he could play centre. Still be a better choice than those other choices
[/b]
Rico Gear? Can't catch, why would he play centre?

<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]

I don't thinlk it is much of a bloody choice really - Conrad "I'm only in the team as I have the same last name as the AB back coach" Smith, and Ice "I look like I've just come out of Mt. Eden" Toeava. Both are crap - as I said before - it has to be Mils at centre and Mcdonald who just happens to be the best fullback out there at the moment.
Goddamit! If only they had Rico there as well - he could play centre. Still be a better choice than those other choices [/b][/quote]

...oh :huh: i thought you were preferring Toeava over Smith :wall: ...but yeah I'll agree with your point on Muliaina and McDonald. I ain't so sure about Gear though, hard to imagine that coming out one day.

i like conrad smith. hes a smart footballer. i hope they use him in the semi against england. carve those poms up.

Smith is only just coming back from injury.. give him some time...

i like conrad smith. hes a smart footballer. i hope they use him in the semi against england. carve those poms up.

[/b]

Why do you say he is smart? He doesn't bloody do anything and he still gets picked. Actually I guess that is smart. Wish I could do nothing and still pick up my salary

Smith is only just coming back from injury.. give him some time... [/b]
You seem to be fairly confident that England are going to make the semis!

hope they use him in the semi against england[/b]

i dont think we will be seeing england in the semi's but in the last 2 matchs the only time i see conrad is when theres a ruck, his allways hanging around the breakdown would rather see him out in the line its like his avoiding the ball, but i did like him he is a solid defender, smart player and on his day he is good in my opinion

<div class='quotemain'>

[/b]

Why do you say he is smart? He doesn't bloody do anything and he still gets picked. Actually I guess that is smart. Wish I could do nothing and still pick up my salary [/b][/quote]

hes a smart footballer because hes runs really good lines and makes good decisions in defence. hes also really strong on the floor aswell... similar to Tana Umaga in the way that he turns over a fair amount of ball in the tackle area. his disribution to the outside backs is also top notch and he has good speed.

good allround footballer...

<div class='quotemain'> i like conrad smith. hes a smart footballer. i hope they use him in the semi against england. carve those poms up.

Smith is only just coming back from injury.. give him some time... [/b]
You seem to be fairly confident that England are going to make the semis!

[/b][/quote]

Truth seems pretty sure australia are going to make the semi's.

ive said it before on the forum.. i think England can cause Aussie alot of problems if they meet up... they have a really strong scrum and with JW back im actually picking aussie to go out in the 1/4's. especially now that larkham is out of that game.

'He's a good all round footballer '. That's a classic way to say, 'the guy is shite and I can't even think of one decent quality to put down about him'. Which is actually an accurate reflection of 'Conman'.

'He's a good all round footballer '. That's a classic way to say, 'the guy is shite and I can't even think of one decent quality to put down about him'. Which is actually an accurate reflection of 'Conman'. [/b]

what part of..."hes a smart footballer because hes runs really good lines and makes good decisions in defence. hes also really strong on the floor aswell... similar to Tana Umaga in the way that he turns over a fair amount of ball in the tackle area. his disribution to the outside backs is also top notch and he has good speed" did you not understand??

those above skills are the reason why i think hes a good all round footballer...

<div class='quotemain'> 'He's a good all round footballer '. That's a classic way to say, 'the guy is shite and I can't even think of one decent quality to put down about him'. Which is actually an accurate reflection of 'Conman'. [/b]

what part of..."hes a smart footballer because hes runs really good lines and makes good decisions in defence. hes also really strong on the floor aswell... similar to Tana Umaga in the way that he turns over a fair amount of ball in the tackle area. his disribution to the outside backs is also top notch and he has good speed" did you not understand??

those above skills are the reason why i think hes a good all round footballer...
[/b][/quote]

Let me get this straight - "He is a smart footballer because he runs good line" - hold on a sec. He always seems to run into bloody tackles, and never into space.

"Makes good decisions in defence" - hold on a sec. You mean he tackles? That is his job isn't it? If I did my job the way conman tackles I'd be fired in a second.

"Good on the floor" Hold on a sec. I agree he does turn over a lot of ball. But always to the bloody opposition.

"Distribution to the outside backs" - hold on a sec. Can't say I've seen him do it this tournament. Seems to me the best way to get the ball to the outside backs is to throw a cut out pass and miss conman altogether.

"Good speed" - Hold on a sec. He is slower now that he is bulked up. Good speed - I don't know. Good riddance seems the best thing to me.

<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'> 'He's a good all round footballer '. That's a classic way to say, 'the guy is shite and I can't even think of one decent quality to put down about him'. Which is actually an accurate reflection of 'Conman'. [/b]

[/b][/quote]

Let me get this straight - "He is a smart footballer because he runs good line" - hold on a sec. He always seems to run into bloody tackles, and never into space.

"Makes good decisions in defence" - hold on a sec. You mean he tackles? That is his job isn't it? If I did my job the way conman tackles I'd be fired in a second.

"Good on the floor" Hold on a sec. I agree he does turn over a lot of ball. But always to the bloody opposition.

"Distribution to the outside backs" - hold on a sec. Can't say I've seen him do it this tournament. Seems to me the best way to get the ball to the outside backs is to throw a cut out pass and miss conman altogether.

"Good speed" - Hold on a sec. He is slower now that he is bulked up. Good speed - I don't know. Good riddance seems the best thing to me. [/b][/quote]

gee wizz... maybe your right!!! hold on a sec. your not a professional football coach... Mr Henry, Mr Smith & Mr Hansen are... they picked him in the all blacks... and they know a hell of alot more than you do...

Latest posts