• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[COVID-19] General Discussion

Nobody concerned that the army are going to be used if police cant manage it?

Just me?

Probabaly...

I actually laughed at a Libertarian who suggested in March that de facto martial law wasn't a totally insane prediction but hey ho... hair's breadth away now!

Everyone knows Covid only gets up at 10pm and doesnt go to funerals so this all makes perfect sense. If we are going to abandon any real sembelance of logic in this then can we not at least have consistency!
That was pretty standard operating procedure over here when we went to level 5 and 4 lockdown. The Military merely assisted the police in maintaining order and ensuring citizens abide by the COVID regulations, mostly in the rural areas where police presence is much lower.

Seems like the UK is where we were in March...

Unsurpsing really, bit wound up with people and friends saying we just have to learn with it, as pseudo way of saying "I'm not compiling".

Last edited:
1F0F7540-D1FA-4BF1-BBD5-EF4D3BD48236.jpeg
Good news for self employed to help spread their January tax for 12 months. Still, only a deferral.

Universities in Scotland sound like an actual nightmare atm

Hundreds of positive tests, hundreds more having to self isolate, not allowed out, not allowed to travel back home
All completely predictable

Mega Temper tantrum from woman in co-op in Surrey for being told to follow one way system.

And risk a £10k fine.
Sorry should have added my self assessment, is I haven't done pubs , avoided my usual greasy spoon whilst on road.
Vast majority of shopping is online.
Work interacting done online if it can't be done outside.
Social activities nowt indoors shed loads outside.
This is my own personal self risk assessment via various sources.
I believe I never advocated law or rule breaking and believe none of my post advocate this.

Apparently
its because of the way they have split testing into pillar 1 (healthcare diagnostics) and pillar 2 (community/epidemiology)
all pillar 2 testing is done by Serco.

Ahhh...

So Serco Test and Trace app works with Servo tests.
But they've branded it the NHS test and trace app - so that they can blame the NHS for its cock ups. But forgot to let it work with the NHS...

TBH, it's a new thing, and quickly wnacted, having spent millions failing to design their own, so I actually willing to forgive teething errors. But I also reserve the right to take the ****, and wonder why something quite so obvious was missed

Ahhh...

So Serco Test and Trace app works with Servo tests.
But they've branded it the NHS test and trace app - so that they can blame the NHS for its cock ups. But forgot to let it work with the NHS...

TBH, it's a new thing, and quickly wnacted, having spent millions failing to design their own, so I actually willing to forgive teething errors. But I also reserve the right to take the ****, and wonder why something quite so obvious was missed
So only works with Serco tests, how many is that as a proportion of tests done. The problem is it's being advertised as working with all tests and some people who may have been in contact will be walking around thinking their fine because the app hasn't said they need to isolate.

For me this is not a teething error, but a huge hole and another example of how badly this pandemic is being handled. Test and trace is failing as is testing as a whole. Soon top they rush out an app that only receives information from a limited number of tests, so that people who may have been in close contact with someone who has tested positive, not only doesn't know that, but actually thinks they are fine because the app is telling them. There is a big psychological component here. If you are unsure if you might have been in contact with people who are have tested positive you don't take the risk. If you have an app telling you you're fine then feel like you have the freedom to go out more, thus putting more people at risk.

Latest posts