• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Craaaazy Welsh "career threatening" antics.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (cyRil of Ospreylia @ Feb 15 2010, 05:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
What a legend.[/b]

foot.png
?

Lads are the Welsh so cranky now <_<

Powell is a legend and even watching the Lion dvd he is excellent for squad morale :lol:

Still What a Legend isn't this what it about a great laugh and again what a Legend :p

He wasn't threatening any lives, if anything, he should be applauded.

As they say, any publicity is good publicity! He's done the WRU a great service.

I'd reckon his image has merely been increased in the minds of Rugby fans and anyone who has ideas to the contrary probably just have had a passing thought being that he's a ********.

Ahhh...I see what the foot image was for now...

You haven't quite reached the lofty heights of humour that Powell clearly has.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (feicarsinn @ Feb 16 2010, 10:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Did no one get my superb pun? Legend=>Leg end=> foot[/b]

A picture of an ankle would've been better. I'm putting my foot down here. I've put my best foot forward.

Another example of Powell being quite funny, along with the rest of the Wales team:

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/FxLwMeW6aLc&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/FxLwMeW6aLc&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

Off of twitter:

Originally posted by GwladRugby
Andy Powell was caught as he stopped to help a car stuck on the hard shoulder. It's the first time he's been to a breakdown all season

Wonder will this effect Welsh as Powell is a vital player for squad morale.

If you noticed on Lions DOC and Powell were 2 important players as they were excellent practical jokers and during down days kept squad spirits up

Oh yeah what speed was he doing in the Buggy :lol:

The guys amazing for morale, that bit on the lions dvd when he gives a message to the troops, cracks me up everytime lol

Hope Wales are hammered now vs France so Powell will be rushed back :p

That Gatland hasn't a clue!!! :lol:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (munstermuffin @ Feb 18 2010, 10:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
That Gatland hasn't a clue!!! :lol:[/b]
Yep, the guy who helped turn Ireland around from the laughing stock they were in the 90s, who won every major trophy while at Wasps, won the Air New Zealand Cup with Waikato and turned Wales from World Cup also rans to 6 Nations Grand Slam winners within 4 months, clearly doesn't know what he's up to. ;)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (snoopy snoopy dog dog @ Feb 18 2010, 10:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (munstermuffin @ Feb 18 2010, 10:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That Gatland hasn't a clue!!! :lol:[/b]
Yep, the guy who helped turn Ireland around from the laughing stock they were in the 90s, who won every major trophy while at Wasps, won the Air New Zealand Cup with Waikato and turned Wales from World Cup also rans to 6 Nations Grand Slam winners within 4 months, clearly doesn't know what he's up to. ;)
[/b][/quote]
Snoop I agree in some ways and disagree in others!! No need to kill joke :huh:
Ireland I agree he did brilliant for us but we stalled under him when playing big teams. Like what exactly did he achieve as Irish coach????
Wasps I'd credit Geechs and Edwards more in my opinion ... I may be wrong
Wales (as also ran ?????) they won Grand Slam 2years previously and again I credit Edwards more. (And inherited great bunch in their prime)
And Waikato I can't comment on.
But if he is so good can I ask why (and this is fact) Irish players had problems with him & it clear some Welsh don't see eye-to-eye with him

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
Ireland I agree he did brilliant for us but we stalled under him when playing big teams. Like what exactly did he achieve as Irish coach????[/b]
Took over the wreckage Brian Ashton left behind. First win against Scotland in 12 years. First win in France in 28 years. First win against Italy in 4 attempts. First win against England in 7 years. 4 wins from 5 games in his final 6 Nations campaign and almost beat New Zealand in his final game in charge. Laid the foundations for Eddie O'Sullivan's more successful years.

Wasps I'd credit Geechs and Edwards more in my opinion ... I may be wrong[/b]
Gatland brought Edwards back into rugby union. Won three Premierships, a Heineken Cup, and a Challenge Cup before McGeechan took over. While still very successful (one HC, one Premiership, one Anglo-Welsh ***le), Wasps weren't as strong once Gatland left.

Wales (as also ran ?????) they won Grand Slam 2years previously and again I credit Edwards more. (And inherited great bunch in their prime)[/b]
Wales failed to make it out of the group stage of the World Cup (missing out to Fiji) a few months prior to his appointment. Edwards did a brilliant job with Wales' defence it must be said but Gatland gave restored belief to their national team.

But if he is so good can I ask why (and this is fact) Irish players had problems with him & it clear some Welsh don't see eye-to-eye with him[/b]
Keith Wood was Irish captain and wanted Eddie O'Sullivan in charge. Hindsight shows that to be a mistake. This is the same group of Welsh players who ran Mike Ruddock out of town because they thought Scott Johnson was a better boss. They were wrong. They now dislike Gatland because they're losing games and have an inflated opinion of their own ability. To be fair, Gatland isn't covering himself in glory by publicly criticizing his players and his team.

Warren Gatland is an excellent coach but a bit of a pillock who rubs people up the wrong way.

Latest posts