• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Dayglo shows his true colours.

P

Prestwick

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_unio...ish/7066056.stm

Well, now we all know who the "senior player" was who leaked details of the showdown meeting after the 36-0 defeat in the World Cup.

I think we all know now that Ashton really isn't suited for the role of head coach but to stick it in like this in such a public way is nothing short of shameful. I wonder if he would have written such stuff if England had won the World Cup?

Hillarious. Ashton coached a bunch of passed it halfwits, most of whom selected by Rob Andrew, Francis Barons cheque book and the media, and somehow got them into a world cup final, knocking out 2 of the favorates in the process. Now his job is "under threat". Lmao.

You'd be forgiven for thinking the RFU is involved in poofball if there's any truth behind it.

How Dare Dallaglio Reference Monty Python!!!
monty_python_007_nudge_nudge.jpg

They are funny...he's not. Don't try to win us over grandpa, with your pop-culture references.

Very dissappointed in him and Catt....why not just go out with your head held up instead of *****ing an sniping your way into retirement in order to flog a few extra copies of your forthcoming book.

I'd have definitely bought Dallaglio's, he's had a fantastic career with all it's ups and downs but I won't touch it now.

Which game was it that Dallaglio was captain of England, going for a grand slam...He took the decision to go for the corner instead of kicking a penalty which would have put them more than a converted try ahead. It backfired and England blew it. Martin Johnson was in the team and when Lawrence told the team his decision Johnson just said "Are you sure about this skipper?" Dallaglio nodded so Johnson said "Let's do it".

Johnson knew it was the wrong decision but in his book he doesn't even mention the fact he disagreed and, as I remember, just takes his share of the collective responsibilty.

It was in an interview with Dallaglio that Johnson's "Do you think that's quite wise Sir" came out....pity Lawrence didn't learn the lesson. You don't do your dirty laundry in public. Dignity is everything.

The thing is Catt actually had some context in his book it would seem. From reading some papers he has come out and said yes there was a show down after the 36-0 to SA, however after that Ashton and the team pulled together and worked on everything and Catt was please for everyone in the team and the management for getting there act together. Dallaglio just basically blasted everyone without ever saying a good word about anyone other than himself.

I mean come on the guy eventually got England to a RWC Final, he can be that bad, or did Dallaglio say in his book actually the reason we got to the final was me, me, me.... I did it single handedly and I'm not getting enough of the credit.

Idiot

The thing is Catt actually had some context in his book it would seem. From reading some papers he has come out and said yes there was a show down after the 36-0 to SA, however after that Ashton and the team pulled together and worked on everything and Catt was please for everyone in the team and the management for getting there act together. Dallaglio just basically blasted everyone without ever saying a good word about anyone other than himself.

I mean come on the guy eventually got England to a RWC Final, he can be that bad, or did Dallaglio say in his book actually the reason we got to the final was me, me, me.... I did it single handedly and I'm not getting enough of the credit.

Idiot [/b]

Or as Blood and Mud put it : "I was ****, it was Ashton's fault"

Anybody thinking that he is looking for a career in coaching England "when" he retires??

If the rfu give him one which rob andrew probably will then they should all be shot.

also nice blog, sums up what i thought.

If the rfu give him one which rob andrew probably will then they should all be shot.

also nice blog, sums up what i thought.
[/b]

While I agree that Dallaglio shouldnt have come out in public like he did i must admit all i have read throughout the WC seems to point to the fact that the players took charge and supplied the leadership duties themselves. Theres no point in being a good coach if you cant manage your players. Its quite obvious that Ashton lacks authourity and should be one of the more junior coaches.
It saddens me to hear Lols comments due to his book coming out but the most important thing is to get the appointment of head coach right.
No doubt in the future Lol will be a great coach and leader of whoever he coaches and not just a pathetic yes man.

No doubt in the future Lol will be a great coach and leader of whoever he coaches and not just a pathetic yes man. [/b]

Sod that mate. If dayglo ever becomes national coach, I'll assume an Ahnuld' Schwarzenegger accent and start backing the Boks!

<div class='quotemain'>
No doubt in the future Lol will be a great coach and leader of whoever he coaches and not just a pathetic yes man. [/b]

Sod that mate. If dayglo ever becomes national coach, I'll assume an Ahnuld' Schwarzenegger accent and start backing the Boks!

[/b][/quote]

There's always Argentina...we could be a pressure group made up of displaced England fans. Demand they get a tournament to play in

the rfu want to put a gag order on England teams for a period of time after a major tournament and for me that's a good idea. Seems stupid that this sort of thing comes out in public just for book sales, when really if they went to the rfu without all the publicity it would have much more weight.

Wrong for him to have spoken out and it does smack a little of sour grapes. However, he has said in public what a lot of players (and fans) have been thinking. Let us not forget that England's great achievement in getting to the final was despite the preparation, team selection and coaching. This coaching team thought Cueto was a full back, Noon a centre and Farrel a rugby union player. If this helps the debate on the future of the England coaching set up then it may be worth the outing of LD as a egotistical knob.

<div class='quotemain'>

[/b][/quote]

What ? you dont seem to realise that Dallaglio was not only one of the finest players in world rugby over the last 10-15 years but he has been one of the great leaders of his time. You wont find anyone who has played with him who has anything bad to say about him. The world cup is over,he will never play for England again and he is getting as much exposure as he can for his new book. Who wouldnt do the same in his position?

i think it's pretty difficult- I really don't like it when players say things in public like a couple of the guys have- it's pretty disrespectful-

recently the ashes winning coach Duncan Fletcher came out and slaughtered a few peole to flog his book and that really annoyed me too- but it got me thinking-

IF there is a good reason to come out with such things- like the players really believing a change os staff would be for the good of the team and country and the only way to influence that process was to go piblic then they MAY be justified to a certain extent.

But if it is just to flog books then it is pretty pathetic- and one thing is guaranteed- i won't be buying Fletcher's, Dayglo's or Catt's book- and i probably would have done otherwise!

<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'>

[/b][/quote]

What ? you dont seem to realise that Dallaglio was not only one of the finest players in world rugby over the last 10-15 years but he has been one of the great leaders of his time. You wont find anyone who has played with him who has anything bad to say about him. The world cup is over,he will never play for England again and he is getting as much exposure as he can for his new book. Who wouldnt do the same in his position?

[/b][/quote]
the key word being was, he was **** in the world cup, that blog is spot on
the bloke is a has been, should never have been in the world cup team, him being there prevented the likes of haskell being able to show their talents on the world stage.
And quite frankly if i was in his position, i wouldn't go mouthing off about how bad the coaching was to sell a few more books, after i had just played in a second sucessive world cup final. it doesn't matter where the leadership came from, ashton got us there, he deserves a lot of credit.

<div class='quotemain'> <div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'>

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]
the key word being was, he was **** in the world cup, that blog is spot on
the bloke is a has been, should never have been in the world cup team, him being there prevented the likes of haskell being able to show their talents on the world stage.
And quite frankly if i was in his position, i wouldn't go mouthing off about how bad the coaching was to sell a few more books, after i had just played in a second sucessive world cup final. it doesn't matter where the leadership came from, ashton got us there, he deserves a lot of credit.
[/b][/quote]

To be fair mate , Dallaglio didnt deserve to be in the world cup squad but you cant deny that he was a superb back row foward. You are showing your imature years in regards to the selling of the book.
Finally you are just sticking up for ashton cause he used to be a Bath man. Remember he didnt give a toss for you when he left Bath after a short period so dont be upset when the talentless ****** gets the boot from HQ. The players got us to the final.........somehow!

Dayglo was a great forward, and even die hard england fans know deep down it was a bit of a fluke getting as far as we did- respect though for getting there. I don't think the other guy was immature in what he said about the book- if you savage other people to make a few quid you're scum in my book. if they deserve or need savaging fair play, but to line your pockets? well that's just wrong imo

Latest posts