• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Did the NXE cause my Xbox to red ring?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Zonerunner @ Dec 14 2008, 08:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (TheBokke @ Dec 13 2008, 07:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The fact is PS3 has a much better exclusive line up next year fact.[/b]
Microsoft have said they wont be announcing any of their big hitters for next year until... well, next year, so lets wait and see what they have to show for themselves before we start declaring opinions as facts.

[/b][/quote].

It is fact that currently they will have the most exclusives next year. Dont fall for gaming company hype as they oviously are going to say that they have as many as Sony, but as the old saying goes proof is in the pudding.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Teh Mite @ Dec 14 2008, 08:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
What? Gran Turismo and Killzone? :blink:[/b]

Yup and if you read the list again you will see GOW 3, Socom & uncharted 2 these are pretty big exclusives :blink:

Guys lets not take it personal both consoles have their plus points but no point denying the PS3 line up next year. Should Xbox come up with some amazing exclusive all I say is good stuff for gaming!!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (TheBokke @ Dec 14 2008, 08:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Zonerunner @ Dec 14 2008, 08:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (TheBokke @ Dec 13 2008, 07:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The fact is PS3 has a much better exclusive line up next year fact.[/b]
Microsoft have said they wont be announcing any of their big hitters for next year until... well, next year, so lets wait and see what they have to show for themselves before we start declaring opinions as facts.

[/b][/quote].

It is fact that currently they will have the most exclusives next year. Dont fall for gaming company hype as they oviously are going to say that they have as many as Sony, but as the old saying goes proof is in the pudding.
[/b][/quote]

fact neither company has announced their entire 2009 lineup yet. with the high number of gaming shows now throughout the year neither company or even nintendo spill everything out at once. I wouldn't be surprised to see some interesting announcements at some of the early game shows in the year.

God of War, Gran Turismo, Socom, Killzone & Uncharted.

Hurrah for original ***les.

If the last outing is anything to go by, Killzone will get some outstanding reviews and win a f***load of awards (getting labeled the "Halo Killer" no less) only to turn out an average squad shooter that does nothing particularly well.

I have to agree with Mite regarding Killzone, I can hardly seeing that ***le becoming a "game of the year".

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Teh Mite @ Dec 14 2008, 11:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

Hurrah for original ***les.[/b]

and the list goes on Gears 2, Fable 2, Halos etc both consoles are banking on sequels as that is where the money is.

They are not taking risks as the money spent on developement is huge now days.

I reckon Killzone 2 will be a very solid ***le and from what I have seen so far it looks very impressive and has also had alot of very positive previews.

Cant really go off previews as they are almost always good for the big ***les. I hope that the game is a success as both consoles need to remain healthy for gaming in general.

PS3 is in desperate need of a price drop. Once that occurs things will be very tight at the top barring the mighty WII sales numbers.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (TheBokke @ Dec 15 2008, 08:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
PS3 is in desperate need of a price drop. Once that occurs things will be very tight at the top barring the mighty WII sales numbers.[/b]

most definitely does in aus and nz for sure. at the moment in nz can get 360 60gb pro fro $450 with a couple of games and the lowest I have seen the ps3 is $700 which is quite a massive difference.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (TheBokke @ Dec 15 2008, 09:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Teh Mite @ Dec 14 2008, 11:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

and the list goes on Gears 2, Fable 2, Halos etc both consoles are banking on sequels as that is where the money is.

They are not taking risks as the money spent on developement is huge now days.[/b][/quote]

Ninja Blade, Banjo-Kazooie (technically original), Left 4 Dead, Dead Space... And that's just the original AAA ***les in one magazine I have sitting on my bog floor. Playstation is synonimous for repeated <strike>updates</strike> <strike>rehashes of the same thing</strike> sequels, far more then any other console;

Gran Turismo 5 - the same unrealistic and boring races with even prettier graphics. God of War 3 - over-rated button mashing and set pieces in a Golden Axe rip-off. Socom 4 - 3rd person Rainbow 6 with tiny-tiny-tiny characters and boring maps. Killzone 2 - don't get me started. Uncharted 2 - A very pretty tomb raider rip-off heavily overdosed with cutscenes.

I won't even start on the over-rated pap like Metal Gear Solid or Final Fantasy.

It's such a shame nobody mentiones some of the decent stuff like Motorstorm or Little Big Planet. But sadly Playstation will always be the brand of choice for people who don't care about games and are happy for yearly updates of PES or Madden, Gran Turismo and WWF because they really don't give a toss about games otherwise.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
I reckon Killzone 2 will be a very solid ***le and from what I have seen so far it looks very impressive and has also had alot of very positive previews.[/b]

As I said above, Killzone will get the rave reviews despite being a bit ****. Just like the first one.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Teh Mite @ Dec 16 2008, 12:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (TheBokke @ Dec 15 2008, 09:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Teh Mite @ Dec 14 2008, 11:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

They are not taking risks as the money spent on developement is huge now days.[/b][/quote]

Ninja Blade, Banjo-Kazooie (technically original), Left 4 Dead, Dead Space... And that's just the original AAA ***les in one magazine I have sitting on my bog floor. Playstation is synonimous for repeated <strike>updates</strike> <strike>rehashes of the same thing</strike> sequels, far more then any other console;

Gran Turismo 5 - the same unrealistic and boring races with even prettier graphics. God of War 3 - over-rated button mashing and set pieces in a Golden Axe rip-off. Socom 4 - 3rd person Rainbow 6 with tiny-tiny-tiny characters and boring maps. Killzone 2 - don't get me started. Uncharted 2 - A very pretty tomb raider rip-off heavily overdosed with cutscenes.

I won't even start on the over-rated pap like Metal Gear Solid or Final Fantasy.

It's such a shame nobody mentiones some of the decent stuff like Motorstorm or Little Big Planet. But sadly Playstation will always be the brand of choice for people who don't care about games and are happy for yearly updates of PES or Madden, Gran Turismo and WWF because they really don't give a toss about games otherwise.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
I reckon Killzone 2 will be a very solid ***le and from what I have seen so far it looks very impressive and has also had alot of very positive previews.[/b]

As I said above, Killzone will get the rave reviews despite being a bit ****. Just like the first one.
[/b][/quote]

Wow Teh I think your preference for Xbox is clouding your judgements. Hey sure we all have our choices but saying that Sony only relies on repeats is a bit wide of the mark.

Dead Space is on both consoles, talking up Ninja Blade before it is even out could fall into the same description as Killzone 2, another Ninja game that will not be very good(hopefully it is good) Banjo Kazooie is definately not orginal as it was actually first developed for the Nintendo in 1998. Left4dead is an original by a third party developer not an inhouse Microsoft studio, but from what I hear very good game.

Nort sure how you can claim that the PS3 is the only console for repeat ***les as Xbox has made its name off them as well such as Halo & Gears. What other original ***les besides Mass Effect which I am sure number 2 will following has made Xbox the console for original games?

PS3 will oviously have more sequels as you seem to forget alot of those started out on the PS1 & 2.

As for Killzone how you can claim it will be sh*t as you have not played it, so it would be a bit rash to write it off.

Basically your opinion is all PS3 exclusive games on the market currently are or will be rubbish. If ever there was a case for a fan boy Teh you will be its poster child.

Latest posts