• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Domestic violence in NZ increses whean the Allbalcks lose

do you agree with the statment

• Yes

Votes: 8 44.4%
  • No

Votes: 10 55.6%

• Total voters
Yeah I think I heard this before but Im not sure..any read on that Kangaroo?

Apparently it's true...

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/all-blacks/news/article.cfm?c_id=116&objectid=10468736

Many women became targets of violence as their partners took out their frustrations following the All Blacks' rugby World Cup loss.

Women's refuges say the demand for their services has been since Sunday's defeat. "We've heard from police there has been an increase in domestic violence and they're our biggest source of referrals," said Catherine Delore, spokeswoman for the National Collective of Independent Women's Refuges.

"The game isn't the only reason for abuse but it's always part of the excuse. The abusers tend to take out their anger on their nearest and dearest."

Domestic violence in Australia increases when Australians realise their sisters are having sex with the other brother too.

I am a world leading psychologist and I have proven it.

Don't believe everything you hear. NZ has a shockin rate of domestic abuse full stop, hardly matters what the AB's are up 2. Christmas time/holidays is when domestic abuse really increases believe it or not.

Yeah, dumb topic. I'm sure domestic violence increases in any place where their sports teams lose, just not dramatically. If there are people who beat theirs wives, any issue in which will cause anger, may trigger it including sports games, to pick just All Blacks games is both arbitrary and obviously something which is going to annoy people. Anyway, I'm fairly certain that there has been no correlation study of domestic violence and All Blacks results, had you offered some kind of evidence for this claim, the topic may be considered slightly less stupid. A random comment to NZherald, which lack all details or facts, does not give any real statistical evidence at all.

Last edited:
...would just like to clarify that I merely provided the "source", if you could call it that. I think it's a retarded study.

...would just like to clarify that I merely provided the "source", if you could call it that. I think it's a retarded study.
Oh yeah, I wasn't having a go at you at all, I was just saying that it was not solid evidence.

It just seems obvious that domestic violence will occur more from a wife beater, when a sports team is losing, just as it will occur when dinner's late, she talks back, hard day at work etc. If you're an aggressive prick who beats his wife, then you'll obviously take out your aggression out on her when your frustrated. Because sports games frustrate enough wife beaters in unison, obviously domesitc violence will go up. To pick the All Blacks as a case study is pretty unfair considering it is likely to happen all over the world.

I know there 's lot of domestic violence going on in NZ but to blame the AB's for it, I doubt it.
Most of the violence starts with alcohol abuse and drinking can have multiple causes.

This could probably be said for a lot of countries and sports,
I remember during the football world cup that there were statistics all over the place saying that there was more domestic violence occurring whenever England lost

There was a lot of domestic violence during France's WC campaign.

But the woman fought back.

So the husbands surrendered.

It seems obvious, in the UK domestic violence increases when Chelsea loses (big football team) as there are lots of lairy abusive chavs who get angry.

This is just a bullshit flame thread, and I do not believe there is any truth to the statement anyway.

A seem to remember some years ago a Colombian soccer player was gunned down for scoring an own goal that knocked Colombia out of the FIFA World Cup and that some Indian burned his house down when India was knocked out of the Cricket World Cup.

People go to extreme sometimes... its human nature

Now go down to your local DIY, buy some timber, use it to build a bridge, then get over it!!

Why has no one mentioned the poor husbands who get beating up when the ABs lose?

I am sure it happens, and it should be made aware, you don't see any studies on husband-beaters, do you? Its spousism I tells ya

Well even if it's true, you'd still rather be in a average home in NZ than one in the UK. With the All Blacks winning most of the time you'd be safe, but in the UK everytime there's a Premier League match on emergency wards are on standby across the country and pubs have to issue clothing warnings :p .

Ya, I've been living in New Zealand for a little over a year now and the first thing I noticed when I got over here was the amount of anti domestic abuse adds around. That and NEVER EVER SHAKE A BABY!!! :huh:

Ya, I've been living in New Zealand for a little over a year now and the first thing I noticed when I got over here was the amount of anti domestic abuse adds around. That and NEVER EVER SHAKE A BABY!!! :huh:

Yeah its quite funny that you even have to make such an add, its just crazy...but if that is a problem (stupid as it sounds) it needs to be and is being addressed.

Latest posts