• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Early Release

yeah fair enough jj mate. who can't wait to get the game now that it is releasing early and will be out proabbly everywhere in nz tomorrow.

we got the game in today, but i cant touch it till it stops renting a little.
that sucks ass!

lol, i'd pay
<

i got it today, Dick smith rang me. nice getting it 2 days before i thought i would be..

It takes quite along time to get into. It's quite similar to the first one, but the passing system is awesome, way better. You can score great tries by putting together good plays with cut out passes and what not. It's more interesting aswell. not just break the line and sprint to score (altho you can do that too).

The running is alot better - slightly slower, which makes it seem more realistic. The graphics are also nicer.

The menus seem to lag a bit, and that cut scene logo screen during the game is so frustrating.

The franchise mode is pretty fun, although the injuries are a bit annoying - first 2 games, 3 main players out with 10 week + injuries. ropati i think got 15 weeks injured. I played in the kiwis team, but it was horrible!! altho benji and sonny were in the starting line up, lance thompson, Quigley, Carmont, Luck were aswell. What the hell! im looking foward to playing a world cup, havent explored alot of the game modes.

I'm going to reserve a proper judgement until ive played it for at least a week, as rugby 2005 was a game you had to get into, And now i love R2005.

ill check out rugby challenge aswell, only rent though.

lol no just that los lover has returned.

ah sounds good savage. the kiwi team may have been strange as it is based on stats during the season so those guys like luck must have played well during the season although carmont in an international would be scary epsecially on defence

ROFL LMAO

Not @ Los v Pads

But @ EB

Just looked at my receipt

AUD$99.95 i paid for my copies

They retail for $79.95

So $20 return for each copy............suck on that EB!!!!

hang on, you said u paid 99.95 for ur copies

but they retail for around 79.95

so you spent 20bucks extra on your copies

why r u laughing?

lol go eb they are retailing for $80 nz on pc and $100 on ps2. one of my mates e-mailed dse nz about the pc version being released and the dude replied saying they will be releasing on the 8th so maybe its only the ps2 version they have for sale or pre-order pick up/delievery

Originally posted by Paddy@Dec 6 2005, 07:00 PM

why r u laughing?
because he is going to demand he get $20 off which he deserves if it is retailing for less elsewhere or even at other eb stores

edit

this post from andrew clears things up a bit. seems like if its on sale in nz then places like dse will have both on sale. have a look around tomorrow everyone for the game

Originally Posted by Andrew
I can confirm that the stores that are already selling the game are selling both the PC and PS2 version.

The stores that are waiting for the correct release date should definitely have the PC version

Originally posted by Paddy@Dec 6 2005, 06:00 PM

why r u laughing?
pre-order copies from 6 months ago when the price wasnt known

i am laughing as now I get refunded on the spread, which means.......well I am richer, than i intended!!!!!!

<
<
<
<

edit - i see the confusion now.......EB price is actually $79.95...i aint demanding a better price...its their new price, which is $20 per item less than what they projected 6 months ago

If some posts appear odd, it's because several of Paddy's and Los Lover's have been deleted.

Edit - I also find you incredibly annoying in these Sidhe forums Los Lover. So much so that having you banned from it for about a month would make me unbelievably happy. Hmm. I have admin powers. I could do that. Hmm. Hmmmmm.

an intersting thing i didnt know about RL2: when you pass to someone and push pass again before they catch it they do a quick pass like in rugby2005. Awsome, they kept that pretty quiet.

Players will try to run in support, but if youve got a real quick guy youll drag off your own support, so youve got to slow down and time it.

Im finally getting better, hav gone up one difficulty level, its awsome so far.

wow, thats awesome

thanks for telling us ceejay

i love the Rugby 2005 passing, so reponsive and smooth

RL2 is gonna crap all over any rugby game

Ive started a franchise on seasond difficulty, it is pretty tuff, im the warriors, so far iv lost to the storm, and wests. The game plays like real league and is hard to get tries, they are a bit like goals in soccer.

The bad things are that there are a lot of mistakes that you hav no control over, and many seem unfair, also as you up the difficulty your star players no longer hav finishing pace, so no runnaways.

Tackling is real hard, you seem to just run straight through the attacker.

Dummies no longer work, too often they result in you passing it by accident.

I scored an awsome intercept try with Meli!!

This game is good but its as frustrating as rugby league 1 and just as tough.

I have seen about 5 different try touchdown animations, and they are all cool. Theres a special one for tries in the corner so you dont go dead.

The AI offloads like crazy, but it is rare for the human player to get many chances.

Originally posted by CeeJay@Dec 6 2005, 10:21 PM
aI have seen about 5 different try touchdown animations, and they are all cool. Theres a special one for tries in the corner so you dont go dead.
Yeah those are mint as.

Attempt to get my PS2 fixed takes place tonight - might be playing this friday myself!

Latest posts