• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

England 2021/22

A lot of his interviews sort of read as man who didn't get the offer he thought he was going to get in union.
The "conquering hero returns" narrative falls a bit flat when he's not made it in American football and was only ever an excellent club player.

Claiming Lions kudos as a mid week injury replacement especially, like who else was called up about that time in 2013? Billy Twelvetrees and Brad Barritt went too didn't they?

Definatly not a good look for him, I get where he is coming from, he is your once in a generation Robinson, Kolbe, Williams type and probably should have been given a little more oppertunity internationally, but Ashton whilst being a nob is undoubtably quality just doesn't have the Raw X factor.

Love that - criticising Ashton for "just getting on the end of everything". Kind of the winger's job description. Consistently in the right place at the right time is generally of far more use to a team than an occasional piece of wizardry in a telephone box.

Wade was probably a bit unlucky at one point, but maybe the attitude in that interview goes some way towards explaining why.

Love that - criticising Ashton for "just getting on the end of everything". Kind of the winger's job description. Consistently in the right place at the right time is generally of far more use to a team than an occasional piece of wizardry in a telephone box.

Wade was probably a bit unlucky at one point, but maybe the attitude in that interview goes some way towards explaining why.
Exactly and its not like Ashton just stood on his wing and finished off, he tracked the ball and run smart lines to put himself in a position where all he did was get on the end of it. There are players bigger and faster than Ashton ever was so why dont they 'just get on the end of everything' and beat his record? Because what made him good was the lines he ran not just his pace or power.

Wade does not come away good here at all.

Exactly and its not like Ashton just stood on his wing and finished off, he tracked the ball and run smart lines to put himself in a position where all he did was get on the end of it. There are players bigger and faster than Ashton ever was so why dont they 'just get on the end of everything' and beat his record? Because what made him good was the lines he ran not just his pace or power.

Wade does not come away good here at all.
The fact he seemed to think he could just walk into the NFL and perform was a bit of a joke too. Wade is fast but the top speedsters in the NFL are insane. They've trained to peak power at the expense of endurance. Wade has not

I think he comes across pretty badly.
Ashton is not a favourite of mine but he had talent and worked at it.
Wade is a natural speedster but I think the rest of his game was lacking a little. It seems his attitude might have been his downfall.

I was looking at tickets for the 6 nations and all the England home games are at odd times. Not one game at Saturday at 15:00 which is odd.

Means I probably can't get the train back and will have to stay unfortunately.

Latest posts