• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

England EPS 2017/18 edition.

Marcus Smith and Marchant at Quins looking good this season, I know EJ has had them in a couple of squads so far but wouldn't be surprised to see them in the squads for the AIs. Smith looks like he could be absolute class.

For me, the current best back 3 to go for would be Daly, Watson and May.

What a surprise, now May plays for Leicester, he's nailed on England player according to Tigers fans.

Bet we'll see a lot less criticism of George too.

What a surprise, now May plays for Leicester, he's nailed on England player according to Tigers fans.

Bet we'll see a lot less criticism of George too.

lol.

Seems to have raised his game. Been in and around the England team for a while now and ive been an advocate for dropping Brown for a couple years now. Watson can play there. Hes good under the high ball. Daly has a big boot and pace. May is an outstanding finisher and lightening quick. Its a balanced, attacking back 3. Why not?

Nowell is good cover as he can play both. Yarde not as good. Earle not there yet. Solomona's all round game isn't great.

He's played there for at least 3 years.....its just a joke among us Bath fans on here as everyone suggests a ton of centres and wingers to replace Brown when Watson plays in the position for his club.

Fair enough. Brad Barritt for Full back then

He's played there for at least 3 years.....its just a joke among us Bath fans on here as everyone suggests a ton of centres and wingers to replace Brown when Watson plays in the position for his club.
Yeah - but fort one year; when we needed our wingers to play centre; Watson had to play a few matches on the wing - that 1/2 season out of his 3 years completely disqualifies him from being considered as a full back

lol.

Seems to have raised his game. Been in and around the England team for a while now and ive been an advocate for dropping Brown for a couple years now. Watson can play there. Hes good under the high ball. Daly has a big boot and pace. May is an outstanding finisher and lightening quick. Its a balanced, attacking back 3. Why not?

Nowell is good cover as he can play both. Yarde not as good. Earle not there yet. Solomona's all round game isn't great.
He seems to have raised a Tigers jersey above his head and dropped it on his body...

Frankly I think he's shown less this year because the marquee Leicester backline hasn't been given the opportunity to take full flight because their piggies have been found wanting.

Although I should probably hold my tongue... I still haven't seen the recording of this week's match yet and I'm still going off the first two weeks.

He seems to have raised a Tigers jersey above his head and dropped it on his body...

Frankly I think he's shown less this year because the marquee Leicester backline hasn't been given the opportunity to take full flight because their piggies have been found wanting.

That's the point. Hes getting sh*te bal but still impressing. He and Genge are the shining lights from the first 3 games. Imagine he will be even better off better ball and line-outs. Toomua is impressing too.

May's always been there or there about, but he's a horses for courses type player - if the side/style isn't suited to him, then he's definitely not in the 23.
He also has a problem under the high ball - he's always been bad at communicating with other players going to take them. I used to think he just did it with Mike Brown, but he actually does it all the time.

Fair summation of the other players, except I think you underrate Nowell massively. I'd love to see Earle persevered with though, some rough edges, but the potential to be a very well rounded player at international level.
I also get the feeling Roko is still in with a chance. Maybe not... we'll see, I guess.

Yeah Nowell is good but his lack of pace finds him out. Wouldve been a great 7 if trained early enough.

Is there any reason beyond that drinking incident with Mike Brown why Topsy Ojo has never had another crack?

I think you could do well worse than May on one wing and Ojo on the other...

Latest posts