• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

England EPS 2017/18 edition.

Seen an Irish winger been mentioned and assumed it was Cokanasiga not Ojo, personally I'd like to see Alex Lewington have a good season and maybe EJ have a look, always liked him....

Aye, looked pretty good before he was injured... realistically though, I think he lacks the point of difference (trite as the phrase is) needed to be a standout started.

I think the likes of Earle and Cokanasiga are much more likely to come through - standout athletes.

What's likely to happen on the wings at Irish when Cokonasiga returns? Will one of them be on the bench or will they slot into a different position?

"I hate the fact that statistically Ashton always looks like a good winger as opposed to one who worked for Sarries"

Ashton is a good finisher, this is not the same as a good winger as far as I'm concerned. His defence and ability under high ball is average at best. In attack he has limited agility, strength or speed. He is basically a guy who can run lines and tracks the ball well, which works for teams that give him space. In games where his team cannot dominate like that, he offers nothing.

What's likely to happen on the wings at Irish when Cokonasiga returns? Will one of them be on the bench or will they slot into a different position?
I don't think Lewington or Cokonasiga have played anywhere other than wing, I'd like to see both start but I don't see it personally...

I don't think Lewington or Cokonasiga have played anywhere other than wing, I'd like to see both start but I don't see it personally...
I know Cokonasiga's gotten game time at 13 before and Lewington at 15 but not much for either of them. Would they be capable of displacing the current 13/15? (I'd prefer Lewington to 15)

Cokanasiga needs quite a lot of game-time before he's going to be playing any full senior games for England.

Unless he's starts absolutely man-shaming people as soon as he's back.

I think both are better off focusing on wing.

IIRC didn't Lewington start a Saxons game at 15?

Edit:
Just checked and no he didn't, not sure where I got that from.

Last edited:
I know Cokonasiga's gotten game time at 13 before and Lewington at 15 but not much for either of them. Would they be capable of displacing the current 13/15? (I'd prefer Lewington to 15)
I stand corrected mate, I'd leave Cokonasiga on the wing, honestly believe he's going to run over most who try to stop him.

Confirmed training squad for 24th September!

No Haskell, Sinckler or JJ?

Attachments

• 9F0CDDA6-46F3-400D-B97C-9B3F69251199.png
    9F0CDDA6-46F3-400D-B97C-9B3F69251199.png
    296.2 KB · Views: 3
Confirmed training squad for 24th September!

No Haskell, Sinckler or JJ?

First name I looked for was Haskell and I'm chuffed to bits we're not trying to get him in over players like Curry and Underhill.

However, I totally missed that Sinckler and JJ were missed, however this is just a training camp right, and not the squad for the Autumn. By all accounts JJ has been playing well this season, as has Sinckler. JJ also been fantastic for England also. Wasn't given a fair shot on the Lions tour either I don't think so is there something else about JJ? Attitude? Coaching? I've no idea, as I'm a fan, but there is always a sense that we're looking for someone better

Amazed at no JJ or Sinckler do either have ****les we don't know about?

I imagine Daly might be getting JJ's space which would make the most sense in my book with Te'o hunting in the wings. I think its mightilly unfair to JJ though he'd been a core part of this revivial.

Haskell seems like the gradual transistion required from old guard to new guard for the RWC is happening. With people like Underhill in waiting, Itoje capability to play Flanker and being 32 this had to happen eventually. Hopefully Brown will be shed as well.

BBC pointing out George Kruis not in the squad either 0_0

Could be an injury thing though.

The other thing is this a mere weekend training squad the AI squad isn't announced for another month.

Wouldn't be the first time Eddie has 'dropped' player for nothing events (like playing Italy in JJ's case) and bought them back when time is right as he already knows everything he needs to know.

Yep only training squad i mean Francis hasn't even played yet for northampton (Or has he can't remember think he is injured though).

Latest posts