• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

England future management?

I'm glad you all seem happy to be getting Jones, maybe I'm just grumpy that the guy I wanted isn't getting the job. I remain dubious but he will have my full support, at least to start with anyway :)

Edit: I highly doubt Robshaw would get picked in an England XV by 10 AP coaches, just my opinion.

Looking at it that way I think most coaches would pick ewers at 6 at the amount of devastation he causes.

No idea who the coaches would rate at 7 or 8. Probably the best 7s and 8s arnt english in the premiership.

Lol at Woodward still being mentioned at getting involved, he is out of touch and behind the times of the modern game by approximately 12 years.

greetings one and all happy xmas, easter and june 17th.

to mr duck, have you read woodwards book 'winning'? i have just re-read it. i have to say an awful lot went into making england a winning side who enjoyed superiority over the southern hemisphere for a while. i believe that he thinks outside the box and can still make a meaningful contribution to getting england winning again - i would be interested to know how much of what he brought in was still utilised.

at this point i'lll nail my colours to the mast and state that i always thought lancaster and his mob were a shower of ****e and that any coach who wants to pick a farrell in the management/squad has lost me.

Lol at Woodward still being mentioned at getting involved, he is out of touch and behind the times of the modern game by approximately 12 years.

I agree SCW should not coach, however that has never been his expertise. He is all about creating the right environment for success... When we won the RWC he had built a formidable coaching team and ensured that there was belief in their ability coupled with meticulous planning. Also he did rather well with Team GB so I wouldn't say he is out of touch exactly.

He is also a successful business man who will understand the needs of the clubs and the PRL.

And with regards to the captaincy... If George Ford can nail the 10 slot he has potential. Young but why not!

Last edited:
I agree SCW should not coach, however that has never been his expertise. He is all about creating the right environment for success... When we won the RWC he had built a formidable coaching team and ensured that there was belief in their ability coupled with meticulous planning. Also he did rather well with Team GB so I wouldn't say he is out of touch exactly.

He is also a successful business man who will understand the needs of the clubs and the PRL.

And with regards to the captaincy... If George Ford can nail the 10 slot he has potential. Young but why not!

LOL. He is a bluffer who is over a decade past his usefulness in the sport.

Sky reporting terms have now been agrees with Jones! Would only say that they always say be careful what you pray for!

4tY7SFR.png

The Welsh are out in force on here .....

Are you worried ?

Psychic Duck is just here to put everyone who might be mentioned by the press down and valley is doing his normal .... Fully expect him to be pretending to be the victim soon by saying the English were nasty to him .... Oh and by the way my favourite campo interview was when he said the Welsh played rugby like school children but let's be honest we both know he's a bell end ....

Last edited:
Looking at it that way I think most coaches would pick ewers at 6 at the amount of devastation he causes.

No idea who the coaches would rate at 7 or 8. Probably the best 7s and 8s arnt english in the premiership.

The best 7 in the premiership this season has been Fraser and the best over the past couple of seasons has been between Salvi and Kvesic imo

Are you worried ?

Psychic Duck is just here to put everyone who might be mentioned by the press down and valley is doing his normal .... Fully expect him to be pretending to be the victim soon by saying the English were nasty to him ....

And that he said it would happen but English posters called him a troll and....

Yeah.

Happy with Jones here. "International experience" can mean one cap after all- has his ups n' downs but it could have been Farrell.

Are you worried ?

Psychic Duck is just here to put everyone who might be mentioned by the press down and valley is doing his normal .... Fully expect him to be pretending to be the victim soon by saying the English were nasty to him .... Oh and by the way my favourite campo interview was when he said the Welsh played rugby like school children but let's be honest we both know he's a bell end ....

Worried? I would absolutely love it RFU were moronic enough to bring back Woodward for some nostalgia. Would be hilarious seeing him spout his drivel when he's messing up someone else rather than a Lions tour. Part of me wanted him to get the France job just for the comedy value.

For what it's worth, Rennie (or Cotter) would have been the best option from abroad in my opinion, Baxter could have done a decent job from the domestic options.

Worried? I would absolutely love it RFU were moronic enough to bring back Woodward for some nostalgia. Would be hilarious seeing him spout his drivel when he's messing up someone else rather than a Lions tour. Part of me wanted him to get the France job just for the comedy value.

For what it's worth, Rennie (or Cotter) would have been the best option from abroad in my opinion, Baxter could have done a decent job from the domestic options.

The Welsh are bitter aren't they, must be like than when you've never won a RWC

Latest posts