• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

England future management?

Tommi - I suggest not looking at the Tigers' board.
Mind you, according to that board it is literally impossible for the RFU to do a good thing, and any indications that they may have done a good thing means, by definition, that it wasn't a good thing after all.

Got it right with Lancaster though.

Having a look Actually not many are complaining about Jones, maybe about idea of CC but that is about right.

I predict (most likely wrongly) that we'll look a lot my balanced and a better understanding of tactics with jones in charge. Hoping we bring in a new set of coaches now.

Do you think Eddie will try and have a similar coaching set up he had in Japan:

In terms of a having a
Lineout coach
Scrum coach
Breakdown Coach
Defense Coach
Attack/Backs coach
Kicking coach

IMO It is a more balance way of of doing it than the Forwards coach covering everything.

Who do you think Eddie should look at in terms of english coaches to join him?

Booth, West, Blaze, Worsley, Edwards, Wilkinson, King, Gustard, Sanderson, etc etc (Can't see any head coaches leaving there posts) maybe keep Rowntree for scrums.

me would mind a coaching team of
Head Coach: Jones
Lineout coach: Borthwick
Scrum Coach: Rowntree (who else, I don't like West really Saints pack not as good as should be IMO)
Defence Coach: Gustord
Backs/Attack coach: King
Kicking/Mentor: Wilkinson (Part time type)

or should we look elsewhere for some coaches?

Do you think Eddie will try and have a similar coaching set up he had in Japan:

In terms of a having a
Lineout coach
Scrum coach
Breakdown Coach
Defense Coach
Attack/Backs coach
Kicking coach

IMO It is a more balance way of of doing it than the Forwards coach covering everything.

Who do you think Eddie should look at in terms of english coaches to join him?

Booth, West, Blaze, Worsley, Edwards, Wilkinson, King, Gustard, Sanderson, etc etc (Can't see any head coaches leaving there posts) maybe keep Rowntree for scrums.

me would mind a coaching team of
Head Coach: Jones
Lineout coach: Borthwick
Scrum Coach: Rowntree (who else, I don't like West really Saints pack not as good as should be IMO)
Defence Coach: Gustord
Backs/Attack coach: King
Kicking/Mentor: Wilkinson (Part time type)

or should we look elsewhere for some coaches?

Is there ever a post when your not critical about the saints?

West has created one of the best pack of forwards for many seasons in a row. He's done a much better job that rowntree anyhow.

Try not being so biased and negative towards the saints. You know you'd rather be a saint than a Saracen!

Eddie has said he won't be picking foreign based players.
I could kiss his big ugly face!
Facebook has imploded

Is there ever a post when your not critical about the saints?

West has created one of the best pack of forwards for many seasons in a row. He's done a much better job that rowntree anyhow.

Try not being so biased and negative towards the saints. You know you'd rather be a saint than a Saracen!

Come on your the same with tigers (Pretty much), it comes with the territory.

:p It wouldn't be right if i liked West or Mallinder (Esp since he is a traitor), just as if you liked Blaze or Cockerill. I do like King though so you better like Mauger.

Also rate Foden, Heywood and Waller.

Last edited:
Eddie has said he won't be picking foreign based players.
I could kiss his big ugly face!
Facebook has imploded

Good news for England's sake that he talked in a more conciliatory tone and sounds more ready to work with people than those opinion pieces he's done.

That's the right decision as well in my view, best for England and the Premiership.

Jones backed off CC in the interview talked more about having a better relationship rather than CC.

Love his overseas based players policy!!!!!!!! Thought he might back down from that but IMO with Fraser, Kvesic and O'Connor @ 7 and Watson, Brown and Foden @ 15 we don't need bendy and Steffon.

Nowt much will change.

The 5 stages of (re-)building a chariot.
Stage 1: Rebuild showing promise
Stage 2: Threaten success in 6N, win a few November tests
Stage 3: Get hyped for the world cup, beer meets rose-tinted glasses meets media meets arrogance*. Talk of winning it.
Stage 4: Hype meets reality. Spanked and dumped out early doors.
Stage 5: Inquest begins. Conclusion: coach didn't have a clue - sack 'im. Go to stage 1.

*The sort of arrogance that would make Olyy wince in embarrassment :D

[Not that I can slag - more than a fair few Irish though we were world beaters coming into the world cup when we were actually quite ****.]

Come on your the same with tigers (Pretty much), it comes with the territory.

:p It wouldn't be right if i liked West or Mallinder (Esp since he is a traitor), just as if you liked Blaze or Cockerill. I do like King though so you better like Mauger.

Also rate Foden, Heywood and Waller.

I rate Mauger immensely, done really well for you guys and I want tigers to do well as it doesn't well right beating you when your not playing well.

I rate youngs X 2, kitchner, slater, tait & cole pit of your English guys.

Manu I'm not sure about, he's good but I think he can be better.

Not sure about mr O'conner for England though, does he have an English granny or parent?

I rate Mauger immensely, done really well for you guys and I want tigers to do well as it doesn't well right beating you when your not playing well.

I rate youngs X 2, kitchner, slater, tait & cole pit of your English guys.

Manu I'm not sure about, he's good but I think he can be better.

Not sure about mr O'conner for England though, does he have an English granny or parent?

You have both quoted Tigs Man, indicated you haven't put him on ignore, but you're asking that question, so you must have... confused!

O'Connor looks good, having 3 full on 7's is even betterl

Last edited:
Don't know what social media comments are more annoying
1) Would rather lose with an English coach
2) We pick an overseas coach but not overseas players WTF
3) Lancaster should still be there
4) Whats the point if we can't play our best players. :(
5) Tom Wood should be captain he was our best player in the world cup.

Don't know what social media comments are more annoying
1) Would rather lose with an English coach
2) We pick an overseas coach but not overseas players WTF
3) Lancaster should still be there
4) Whats the point if we can't play our best players. :(
5) Tom Wood should be captain he was our best player in the world cup.

There is some utter rubbish out there. I also saw a couple people say they had no idea who he is haha.

I really don't like wood or how he seems to come across extremely cocky. I'm probably most unhappy saints fan at the moment as I don't like Wood or Dickson and I don't rate burrell as an international player.

<iframe id="twitter-widget-0" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowtransparency="true" allowfullscreen="true" class="twitter-tweet twitter-tweet-rendered" style="position: static; visibility: visible; display: block; width: 100%; height: 202.766px; padding: 0px; border: none; max-width: 500px; min-width: 220px; margin-top: 10px; margin-bottom: 10px;" data-tweet-id="667717556833263618" ***le="Twitter Tweet"></iframe>

Almost certainly going to be trying to nab a coach from a premiership side.<script async="" src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

If he does nab a Premiership coach, people are talking about Baxter but surely Eddie will opt for someone he knows over a complete stranger.

Latest posts