• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

England in India 2006

Pietersen certainly took advantage anyway going on to make 87 and was dropped on 51 as well. Fielding was poor from the Indians today, Cook was dropped in the 90s also, but deserved his century after sticking it out and Collingwood chipping in at the end has put England out of sight, whether they'll take 10 wickets in the one day is debateable as the most we've seen fall on the one day is 8 and that was after a heavy downpour the previous night which made the ball move about early doors. England will be praying for more of the same.

Has suddenly got interesting in Nagpur on the final day, after what looked like petering out into a draw India have suddenly come to life and are chasing down an unlikely 170 runs off 22 overs. Jaffer's made his century as well. Plus they've plenty of wickets in hand as well, England could be in trouble here.

The pitch seems to have been the big winner in this one, all the experts thinking it would be turning big time after the second day, not to be. Even the groundsman thought it would have so it seems to have stumped everyone.

They say that there will be more pace in the pitch at Mohali so expect the spinners then to have a decent time of it. :rolleyes:

If thats the case then I reckon Plunkett in for Blackwell could be the end of his test career after just one match

Jones and Trecosthick have been ruled out for the rest of the series, with both unlikely to play any part in the 7 match One Day series. Trescothick is unavailable due to personal reasons. Kevin Pietersen received the all clear after X-Rays confirmed no damage to his elbow after crashing into the advertising boards when trying to prevent a boundary.

Its sad to see jonesy injured and Tresco affected so badly, i just hope one of the young kids or unsung heroes come to our rescue.

Also on the advertising incident, if that was bad. What sale players have everyweek is life threatening. The boards are continually having players been smashed into them. Cueto has many experiences. They are way too close and are very dangerous, i just hope it don't cause any serious injuries.

BM

Well Cook didn't do too badly in Nagpur, would be good for England if Plunkett can step up to the plate in Mohali.

I'd like to see Jimmy Anderson rip up the one dayers, just like he did a few years ago.

Funny story about him and sajid Mahmood a couple of years ago, i was talking to them in the clubhouse at lancashire, pen in hand for signature. Although my mate stops me and says whats the point they have played one game for lancashire and they'll be off the books next year. Six months later he took a hat trick in the world cup and i was empty.

So i tried the same trick with steven crook, didn't get his autograph thinking he would play in the ashes. Did it work, well not really. He got shipped off to Northants and Lancashire were for the better.

*Life story over*

BM

England won the toss and decided to bat at Mohali, openers went cheaply though, Strauss threw away his wicket, India's morning though with England on 54-2. Pietersen has a chance to make a big score on this pitch though.

Back on again, bad wicket to lose just before they went off, bet Bell wished they'd been offered the light the previous over.

Not much play today in Mohali but enough for Kumble to pick up the wicket of Collingwood, pressure on Jones and Flintoff to really put a partnership together. England 200-5.

Full session today in Mohali, England 288-6 at lunch. Just wish this Indian tv company would get rid of Dean Jones, his commentary is pathetic. Again an English batsmen gets a start, Flintoff and gets dismissed rather poorly. Don't think Jones will buck the trend either.

Thought I would resurrect this! Anyway England in command after day two of the 3rd test although they should be dissapointed with their total, all out for 400 having been 300 odd for 3. Wicket looks like its going to suit our bowlers more than India's just a pitty Harmison isn't playing.

Strauss found form with that knock but once he made the century he never looked like kicking on and getting a double hundred, can't remember the last time an English batsmen made a double ton.

yeah think it might have been Trescothik or Thorpe in New Zealand. England have a good chance to level the series now with a lead of 120 odd, should bat up untill half an hour before tea tomorrow and have 4 and a bit sessions to bowl India out

Good to see Anderson back to form, he and Mahmood may form a useful partnership next year.

BM

been a disasterous one-day tour so far 4-0 down with only Pietersen consistantly performing, dread to think how bad we'd be without him. Flintoff needs to learn how to structure an innings and blackwell needs to learn how to hold a bat, Hoggard is not a ODI bowler and playing two keepers also doesnt help!

in short... England = crap at ODI!

Latest posts