• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Champions Trophy 2006

yeah me too but oh well. will be good to see the boys in action again after a long break.

I suppose we'd rather have Bond there at the business end of the tournament, rather than play now and lose him for whole thing (like in the past)

well yeah I guess so. no point in playing him if he isn't right. I think there is a few days until the black caps next time so hopefuly bond will be right for that. anyway that is the future tonight its nz v sa. go the blackcaps

scott styris is also out of this game. twinged his hamstring in a warm-up match and has been left out of tonights match against south africa

Crafty Old Red does it again, perfectly deliberate cramping bowling to Vincent...

Black Caps **** all over SA in the end. Flem with 89 outstanding out of 190, then wickets shared around to roll SA for 108.

yeah I didn't watch all of it went to bed around 3:30am after boucher went out as I knew we pretty much had it in the bag.

I thought we may end up a bit short in the runs by not batting out the 50 but we came out on fire in the feild. we certainly didn't look like we hadn't played in around 6 months or so in the feild. batting was a bit rusty with some guys just playing some really bad shots that they may not otherwise make when they are playing constantly.

overall not too bad and we did get the win to take us one step closer to the next round

i stayed up til just before the kiwis started bowling, then i fell asleep. woke up around 4 overs saw they were 2 down, then woke up at 730 to see the last 6 wickets fall in the last 2 hour reply.

i am shattered as i fell asleep at my work laptop. good thing i made it to bed.

was a great effort on a dodgy pitch by fleming. and surprised to see mills get a bit of assistance. also surprised not to see any of this famous dew that was expected.

doubt there will be many other matches with no dew

it was a bit werid with the dew not showing up but I am sure it will in other matches. hopefully there are some slightly better pitches that favour batting a bit more.

yeah i hope so to (about the pitches) especially for the final, we need a specticle for this comp. so far its been way to low

Well after the disappointent in the League & the Netball it was good that for once NZ had another positive outside of rugby.

Good on the Black Caps for defending what most people would of seen as a crap score. So lets hope this is the start of something good and we continue to improve and who knows maybe get to the final.

yep one step at a time but a win first up is a big step to making it to the next round.

and yeah that avatar is awesome dude.

Well well, the Pakis have run down SL with both teams topping 250. Not what the form guide was pointing to...

Certainly wasn't but bound to do morale a world of good for Pakistan, whose form was fairly impressive in the first 3 ODIs in England, so if they can continue that then they have a decent chance of progressing.

bad news for the blackcaps. bond still has problems with his back and could miss the whole tournament. styris apparently his a new back injury as well.

And another upset with Windies holding on agaist Oz 230 to 224. Morton 90 GIlchrist 92, Taylor gets a hat trick, Ponting dropped a catch, it's all happening here at the Champions Trophy...

yes defintely is all on and happening in this competition so far. from reading the match reports it seems like losing gilchrist with 53 off 50 balls was a big blow and of course the the hat-trick hurt a lot as well.

Taylor was brilliant

Aussies batting was just way to slow, it should have been over before Gilly was run out but it just seemed like all the aussie batsman were more interested in doing their best Simon Katich impersenation than playing their normal game.

Watson opening the batting is laughable and Hogg only bowling 3 overs was a major blunder by Ponting.

Latest posts