• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Champions Trophy 2006

its all good when the aussies lose a game :
[/b]

:D

I'm glad to see that the Champions trophy is under this new arrangement rather than the previous, 4 groups, each with two good teams and one terrible team. The current format makes it more interesting and worthwhile.

It's even more interesting with all the underdogs doing well, at the moment.

its all good when the aussies lose a game :
[/b]

Yeah but its a bit like Bond actually playing a match........ it rarely happens.

Australias loss now sets up two huge knock out matches against the Poms and India

Bring it on :bleh!:

Ha, heard in the commentary yesterday that at the Champions Trophy, Australia have played 9 games so far in total over the years, and lost 5 of them! :p

yeah they haven't been too good in this comp over the last few years its been played. never write them off though they have a quality team and they can come back after being down. look for them to have big games in their next 2 matches.

for the blackcaps another win tonight and they will be well on their way to the next round. styris and bond are still in doubt so they will most likely to have to get the job done without them again

well good news for those that follow th black caps both styris and bond are fit and in the team fulton and franklin are out. fleming has the won toss and decided to bat first. hopefully the batting goes a bit better than it did against South Africa beacause I don't 200 will be enough against sri lanka.

The pitch has been sealed with pva glue, don't know which side it'll suit though.

i was just flicking through the skytv guide and it seems we get aus v england live tomorrow night here in nz from 9:30pm onwards.

well black caps batting first and again struggled badly. vettori and patel showed the rest of the team how to bat and at least gave respect to the total. I don't think 165 will be anywhere enough on this pitch but at least thanks to vettori the total isn't completely embarrasing

Was handy enough for Sri Lanka though in the end with them winning by 7 wickets, still though fair play to Vetorri and Patel for putting some degree of respectability on that innings, although had Sri Lanka had some discipline with their bowling it wouldn't have been that respectable.

Disappointing overall. Mind you the batting was expected, as outside of Flem and McCullum last match, hardly anyone got any runs, and it unfortunately continued in this game.

Dissappointing from a NZ point of view as it seemed to be a pitch where they could have made a decent enough score but not to be

Wouldn't want to be in England's shoes facing the Aussies this morning, it's tough enough at the best of times but they're sure to be smarting after their slip up against the Windies, what is it with Australia and the Champions Trophy?

they prefer winning the real world cup.
[/b]

Spot on there esoj

Champions trophy is a mickey mouse cup, but having never won it ,i'm sure the Aussies are deadly serious about going all the way this year.

I thought we were set up for a close match after Bell and Strauss put together a 90 odd run partnership but the poms just fell apart after that.

Good bowling from Mitch Johnson and good to see Watson finally doing something to justify his selection.

Typical Damien Martyn, just when i'm ready to call for his head he comes up with another match winning innings to keep him in the side for another six months of mediocre performances.

Now the poms are out of the way, we face the much tougher task of knocking off the Indians on home soil. If we can beat India, im pretty confident we'll win the trophy...... but thats a big IF.

Sweeeeet... Black Caps post 275 with Flem another 80, Styris 86, Oram 30 and McCullum a quick 30 at the end, with 89 off last 8 overs. Pakis then 80-4 pull it back with a big partnership, Bond comes bag and gets 3 to wrap them up for 220. Nice 50 run win and first entry into the semis :D

oh yeah was a good game. I didn't watch it all stayed up till 4am just after the 4th wicket fell and felt that we had it in the bag.

outstanding hitting towards the end where I thought we may end up 30 or so short but the guys delievered when it mattered. styris came through even though he was injured and played some nice shots. oram did his job well a nice little cameo and mcCullum chipped in nicely too. finally we had a decent partership in the top 6 allowing the hiiters to bring it home in the last few overs.

as for bowling well a bit loose to start with but then a few wickets fell and we were able to apply pressure in the feild as well. overall not too bad a performance and a spot in the semis is booked.

i watched up to when fulton went out then fell asleep, woke up inbetween innings and went back to sleep and then woke up and watched the last 2 hours. went back to sleep and slept through my alarm

great stuff. good on the black caps.

now bond had a twinge in his hamstring i hope he is ok
styris still has stiffness in back and his hamstring, i hope he is fine 2

styris was in massive pain and needed a runner. it was stand and deliever stuff towards the end of his innings.

hope bond is ok and it isn't too serious.

Latest posts