• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

England in the West Indies

So a 9 wicket win in the end for England, pretty much all down to Strauss but Bopara rotated the strike nicely.

Bucknor's gone as well, that's one ordinary umpire who has held on way too long, about time he's gone, should have been taken off the ICC panel after the debacle of the Australia India series in 2006

Despite their dispute with the board and the threat that this match would not go ahead it will do so today in St Lucia.

Tour has been a farce, England have shown how poor they really are. England are really lacking quality bowlers at the moment and a decent batsman at 3.

the only positive for me has been Strauss' form and captaincy, I don't buy into blaming him for the declarations on Barbados and Trinidad, there was enough time in both cases for the bowlers to get the job done, that had nothing to do with Strauss but his batting has been absolutely superb and given that Vaughan never improved his average when captain that's a good sign with the Ashes on the horizon.

Still plenty of negatives and it could be a very easy series win for the Aussies come Edgbaston.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (An Tarbh @ Apr 3 2009, 02:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
the only positive for me has been Strauss' form and captaincy, I don't buy into blaming him for the declarations on Barbados and Trinidad, there was enough time in both cases for the bowlers to get the job done, that had nothing to do with Strauss but his batting has been absolutely superb and given that Vaughan never improved his average when captain that's a good sign with the Ashes on the horizon.

Still plenty of negatives and it could be a very easy series win for the Aussies come Edgbaston.[/b]

A lack of a quality test spinner is also a worry. Suerly Adil Rashid should have been given the nod in the ODI and at least a test match.

I thought Swann bowled quite nicely, not sure how long he'll be out for with the elbow injury though.

I just dont see the point of taking Rashid if they were never going to play him. They took 3 spinners and then called up Batty over him!

he may be given a go in the test matches against the West Indies before the Ashes, would be worth having a look at him definitely.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (An Tarbh @ Apr 3 2009, 02:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
he may be given a go in the test matches against the West Indies before the Ashes, would be worth having a look at him definitely.[/b]

Forgot about that test series.

still no cricket in St Lucia but only because of the weather and not the players! Inspection at the top of the hour.

Slow start for England in what's now a 29 over match, England losing Strauss early on but only 29-1 after 5 overs, need to be scoring faster than that.

Chasing only 173 West Indies are struggling slightly at 45-3, still though one partnership should go a long way to seeing them home and Chanderpaul is still there.

Chanderpaul trying to sweep Collingwood for 6 slightly mistimes it and Bell takes a routine catch in the deep, could well be the crucial wicket for England.

69-4 after 14 overs.

great effort from Broad, key wicket for England and safe hands from Flintoff to take the catch.

124-5 24 Overs.

not much between them in terms of comparisons of innings but 2 wickets more down for the West Indies and England did finish very strongly at the end of their innings, hard to see the West Indies doing that with wickets falling.

no appeal from Flintoff but Prior certainly did, Rampaul given out lbw, Flintoff on a hattrick.

Latest posts