• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[EOYT] Barbarians vs. Fiji 30/11/13

Hope the poor spectators get something out of their afternoon at Twickers.............can anyone tell me why this match is actually taking place?

No reason for as far as I can tell. If this is a poor game like I suspect it might be it wont go and way to dissuade the people out there who think the Baa Baa's are an antiquated outfit that don't matter in the grand scheme of things

No reason for as far as I can tell. If this is a poor game like I suspect it might be it wont go and way to dissuade the people out there who think the Baa Baa's are an antiquated outfit that don't matter in the grand scheme of things

Looking at the BaaBaa team, they would seem to still attract class players and, if the game is not all that the spectators want, I suspect it will be the fault of the PI's...and I do not mean Magnum!

Its the centenary of Fijian Rugby I believe, hence the special game.

I'm going to see it myself and can't wait! I love the ethos of the BaaBaa and while its bloody cold today in London it shouldn't rain so I'm hoping for lots of running. Its just a real shame that Fiji can't get a full strength team out.

well the French Baabaa Samoa game turned into a serious, hard defending, low score, ultra-tight affair. 20-19 FB. Who'd have thought. Who the hell would have thought...?
This better have some tries in it, and I mean lots of em.

It's a bit confusing with both teams playing in white. Surely one of the teams could have changed their strip.

It's a bit confusing with both teams playing in white. Surely one of the teams could have changed their strip.

More than confusing! Especially with their both their shorts being black, too. It's like watching 30 panda bears rolicking in a field.

das

Still a good half of rugby; Bismark is just too powerful with his two tries.

Dammit...I had to run to the bank and I missed the end - heard it had some exciting moments.

Oh well.

das

67,000 for a neutral match between the Barbarians and a Fiji 2nd XV (who drew more than the England did this year). Whoever marketed this did an amazing job.

67,000 for a neutral match between the Barbarians and a Fiji 2nd XV (who drew more than the England did this year). Whoever marketed this did an amazing job.

I agree, couldn't beleive the turnout, at least they were rewarded by a match that was better than I had feared. Got to say that people in the UK certainly do head out to sporting events in larger numbers than Canadians do.

I agree, couldn't beleive the turnout, at least they were rewarded by a match that was better than I had feared. Got to say that people in the UK certainly do head out to sporting events in larger numbers than Canadians do.

I agree with all that has been said about the attendance and would add that tickets for international matches are so hard to obtain for Twickers that many, many people would go to matches like these as a kind of substitute to taste the atmosphere plus no-one knew when they were applying for tickets who would turn up for either side to play!!

That was just a fun game of rugby to sit back and watch, Fiji did themselves proud, made even better with the crowd, it wasn't just the numbers but how much they got into the game.

Still, Steven Luatua, what a year he's had. Was really looking forward to see him get a fairly low pressure run out and he didn't disappoint, exciting for next year at the Blues. Have to be honest, thought Halai had a shocker!

yeah Halai, sure he did not get many chances for the AB's at all but I don't think we will see him in the AB's again. Even though he's kinda a late bloomer, big wingers like that tend to peak young and 25 is old to be just starting out as an international winger. Even though he scored tons of tries for the blues he doesn't seem to have the pace he had a few years ago in 7's. Being caught in a spectacular cover tackle by Ben franks even though he looked to have more than enough space kinda showed that. Sure Ben Franks is up there with the best props in the world on defense but still, that wasn't right.

I kinda followed the game and lost interest over time but JDV & BDP were awesome, so was Luatua. Tom taylor looked like he did well.

I still think Tom Taylor is bloody good, the skillset and balance he brings to the game can give the All Blacks options and has the skill and mindset which suits big games.

Hey buddies, why the Barbarians used a tight shirt in May against England and now again use a loose shirt against Fiji??

They just switched to Rhino for a game and now returned to Cotton Traders, why?

Barbarians vs England - May 2013:

131203125642480573.jpg

131203125650167331.jpg

131203125654450122.jpg

Barbarians vs Fiji - November 2013:

131203010321563765.jpg

131203010319407906.jpg

131203010317147590.jpg

Cotton Traders stopped making rugby kit - maybe they decided they'd start again, but only for Baabaas?

They may have struck a deal through the Lions (who are supplied by Rhino) as that was the game before the one against the Lions in HK.
The BaBaas aren't exactly rolling in cash AFAIK so they were probably helped quite a lot by that sort of arrangement.

Latest posts