• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

EOYT: Wales v Samoa, 16/11/2012

glad you wre so delighted with your win Afa.
I congratulate you and your chosen team of thelast ten years.
However, I was born to support Wales.
There was never any doubt about my allegience, as my father instilled it into me that I am welsh, nothing else.
At school sang the Welsh National Anthem at every possible opportunity.
If we were caguht with the wrong shaped ball in our duffle bag we were caned.

I love your delight at a win, and I apologise for the lady that so hurt you.

Good luck with your chosen team.

DJDD

glad you wre so delighted with your win Afa.
I congratulate you and your chosen team of thelast ten years.
However, I was born to support Wales.
There was never any doubt about my allegience, as my father instilled it into me that I am welsh, nothing else.
At school sang the Welsh National Anthem at every possible opportunity.
If we were caguht with the wrong shaped ball in our duffle bag we were caned.

I love your delight at a win, and I apologise for the lady that so hurt you.

Good luck with your chosen team.

DJDD
Hey man
no apologies needed as I said it was no reflection on all the Welsh supporters as I said it was just one fan. You get idiots like that supporting every team (even the Manu Samoa) so its all good. I have alot respect for Wales and in a sense i thought they were deserving making it soo far into the RWC and avenging their previous RWC losses to the pacific nations all in one swoop (though it sucked that it had to come at the Manu Samoa's expense).

I feel you on your support for your motherland...but in saying that I don't want you thinking that Im a traitor or patriotic to the land of my berth. I am proud to be a born Australian, But it was my mothers country Samoa that jump started me following rugby when I went to see them at the 2003 RWC.

I was 17 at the time. My mother asked to come with her and the rest of the family to go see the Manu Samoa take on Uruguay and a couple nights later Georgia in Perth. At $10 a ticket sitting anywhere you could find a seat I couldn't refuse. I wasn't into rugby at all and didnt care so much for my Samoan side and heritage. That all changed after those two games watching the Manu Samoa play such an entertaining brand of rugby and when I saw them taking the eventual champions, England a few days later to the limit when noone had given them a chance in hell to even be competitive. I will never forget staying up late at my then GFs house to watch that game and my reaction when Sititi crashed over to score the try for Samoa and put then ahead 10 - 0 in the first 20 mins (I woke her and her whole family as I was I was jumping on her bed cheering at the top of my lungs). I had never reacted that way to anything sport related. They may have lost that game but I never was more proud to say I had Samoan genes in me. I knew after those three games that I had found my team for life aswell discovering the pride I have in my Samoan blood lines and my mothers heritage. Been a proud Afakasi (Half cast Samoan), rugby supporter and Die hard loyal Manu Samoa fan ever since.

Last edited:

Latest posts