• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

European Champions Cup Quarter Final Leinster vs Bath

That's a sad end to the game. Hate blaming the ref, but I'm gonna do it there.

Some terrible calls there.
Heaslip lying all over the ball, next ruck another player all over the ball, and then that balls was played by a Leinster player off his feet.

Garces fell off in the second half, thought he did well in the first played a good advantage and reffed well generally.

The more you see that last decision. The worse it looks for Garces.

Bath still to blame. Leinster ordinary and showed no threat. Garces 2nd half was shocking though.

On a second look I can see why Garces gave it to Leinster, Garvey came in the side for me. Same time Strauss played off his feat, tough one for Garces.

Terrible call right at the end there, was the difference between Bath winning as it would have been kicked by Ford. The scrum really hurt Bath, I thought they were the better team by quite a margin.

Terrible call right at the end there, was the difference between Bath winning as it would have been kicked by Ford. The scrum really hurt Bath, I thought they were the better team by quite a margin.

Would have been extra time not Bath win.

On a second look I can see why Garces gave it to Leinster, Garvey came in the side for me. Same time Strauss played off his feat, tough one for Garces.
100% penalty against Strauss for me. Heaslip should have been pinged in earlier phase as well.
Bath were given a penalty when player in at the side earlier though when should have been reversed.

Garces was poor but not reason Bath lost.

- - - Updated - - -

That would have been the case if it was tied at the end of ET, as per normal, thats how MOC said it. Seems commentators got it wrong.

Only after Extra time, same as Premiership final.

This Bath pack really needs to grow a backbone if they want to win anything serious, no leaders in that pack at all and they just crumble under pressure (Attwood has no brain, Hooper needs to go). Kinda says something about Leinster, that they should have still won that game.

Last edited:
This Bath pack really needs to grow a backbone if they want to win anything serious, no leaders in that pack at all and they just crumble under pressure (Attwood has no brain, Hooper needs to go too). Kinda says something about Leinster, that they should have still won that game

Attwood had a poor 2nd half to season.

100% penalty against Strauss for me. Heaslip should have been pinged in earlier phase as well.
Bath were given a penalty when player in at the side earlier though when should have been reversed.

Garces was poor but not reason Bath lost.

I guess we'll just have to disagree on the final penalty, was a marginal call for me and at full speed Garces made a hard decision.

Agreed that Heaslip should've been penalised, and that Bath lost the game for Bath.