• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

F1 Racing

Very true!

I am the Celts to the English when it comes to Ferrari!! They are big and powerful with huge resources and should win everything but fail more often than not through their own arrogance!!!! (Spoiler alert - joke!)

It does not bode well for a competitive series again this year and it could tarnish LH's legacy! He is a great driver and prices his courage and skill time after time BUT who wants to be remembered as the greatest driver because his car was so superior!

Assisted by Mercedes making a Horlicks of a start, safety car/red flag, Ferrari having a brain fart over tyres - the race turned out to be interesting boarding on entertaining!

Another Mercedes one two and so it goes on.......

Wish Verstappen and Vettel had a Mercedes as well and it could be fascinating......

Lewis Hamilton is a pratt.... Thats about all I have to add to this thread after his short visit to NZ.

He certainly is a pr mans nightmare but there are worse about than him in this world and, say what you like, he can drive and drive fast!!

He is a great driver and prices his courage and skill time after time BUT who wants to be remembered as the greatest driver because his car was so superior!

All of them.

Do you think Shumacher or Vettel regret that they won several ***les whilst in a superior machine?

Did Alonso move to McLaren, then Ferrari, then back to McLaren in the hopes of becoming a plucky underdog?

Last edited:
All of them.

Do you think Shumacher or Vettel regret that they won several ***les whilst in a superior machine?

Did Alonso move to McLaren, then Ferrari, then back to McLaren in the hopes of becoming a plucky underdog?

Good points!!

Lol what did he say about NZ? they treated him poorly?

Nothing about what he said about NZ its how he acts and how he handles himself. The guy thinks everything should be handed to him on a platter and everyone should bow at his feat.

I mean who does he think he is Jeremy Clarkson or something!?

I think that is an over complication of the guy!

He has a swagger and thinks he is dead cool and can sing but i do not believe he is as much of a diva as you are painting him!!

A very good friend of my son works with/for him at Mercedes and says he is a great bloke with no airs and graces with people there!

No doubt he is a character and one who divides opinion but surely that is what F1 needs?

After Rosberg takes Hamilton off, a great win for the 18 year old Verstappen in Spain!!

The first of many for this Dutchman.....

Perez was being a dick on this one. He cost the team. Think Ocon could have held Vettel if Perez had let him through for a crack at Ricciardo

Not really a motorsport fan, nor are many others here by the looks of it....but 7 ***les to draw level with Schumacher is an incredible achievement by Hamilton. Totally dominant and surely won't be long before he takes the record outright.

Anyone who thinks that Vettel is not a supreme driver and won the world championship by being just in the right car (me included in that one) should have seen his overtake of Alonso at the British GP today...............I will eat my words and say not only is he very brave but he is some driver!!

Finally, Lewis gets some luck and championship is now game on again................:lol:

Well as this has been necroed already, just like to say in hindsight that this comment is brilliant.

Probably my least favourite sportsperson who hasn't done anything objectively bad but he's an excellent driver, drove flawlessly today on a rare occasion Merc weren't that good.

Similarish career to Schumacher but never winning in the second fastest car like Schumi did twice or three times depending on who you believe and losing to his teammate a couple times in prime years as well as losing a couple times with the quickest car keeps him as number 2 on the all time greatest list in my opinion. He is a ****** so I'm fairly biased here admittedly.

Probably my least favourite sportsperson who hasn't done anything objectively bad but he's an excellent driver, drove flawlessly today on a rare occasion Merc weren't that good.

Similarish career to Schumacher but never winning in the second fastest car like Schumi did twice or three times depending on who you believe and losing to his teammate a couple times in prime years as well as losing a couple times with the quickest car keeps him as number 2 on the all time greatest list in my opinion. He is a ****** so I'm fairly biased here admittedly.
Then again people have argued that Schumacher dominated because Ferrari were so reliable. I'd also argue that certainly at the start he wasn't necessarily in the quickest car. First year he was clear the back up driver and just lost to Raikonnen and next he just pipped Massa with a superb drive to recover. Also at least he's not a cheat like Schumacher was.

Then again people have argued that Schumacher dominated because Ferrari were so reliable. I'd also argue that certainly at the start he wasn't necessarily in the quickest car. First year he was clear the back up driver and just lost to Raikonnen and next he just pipped Massa with a superb drive to recover. Also at least he's not a cheat like Schumacher was.
To win 7 you have to be in the best car most of the time, Schumacher had that from 2001-04 and arguably 99 but a brake failure and broken leg ended his challenge. Hamilton had it in 07, 08 and 2014-2020. I don't see how you'd call Hamilton a clear second driver in 07 either, he was clearly favoured by Ron Dennis, not punished as harshly as Alonso when being the driver more in the wrong in their pit lane qualifying incident and Alonso would leave the team in the first year of a three year contract for a far worse team.

Hamilton also has cheated when he was caught blatantly lying and trying to get Trulli a penalty in the 09 Australian GP and I'd argue that it's not a stretch of the imagination that he'd try a Schumacher if he felt like he had to based on him backing his teammate into the chasing pack in Abu Dhabi in 2016. Definitely not the clean driver he believes he is.

Grojeans crash today was quite something, staggering really that he walked away with what appear to be relatively minor injuries. The Halo system proving its worth once again as well as the fire retardant clothing, he was in the flames for roughly 20-30 seconds.

Grojeans crash today was quite something, staggering really that he walked away with what appear to be relatively minor injuries. The Halo system proving its worth once again as well as the fire retardant clothing, he was in the flames for roughly 20-30 seconds.
They said in commentary. Anyone who still complains about the halo looking ugly has no leg to stand on because it saved Grosjean's life.

Latest posts