• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

F1 Racing

I honestly can't believe that Verstappen is trying to play the victim here.

Not only was he not punished in Brazil, but actually here the time penalties were completely irrelevant except stopping him going for the fastest lap. According to the FIA and Helmut Marko there is evidence that he breaked significantly before the crash and the re-taking of the lead was a joke. On top they gave him so much time to do it.

If he is treated differently it's that he get preferential treatment.

Having said all that I know why he's doing it. It's another Gatland and Erasmus tactic of trying to influence the officials.

Practice 1 just starting, don't usually watch these so ready to be really bored. My usualy thought is Practice 2 winner is usually the best indicator of race pace.

Practice 1 just starting, don't usually watch these so ready to be really bored. My usualy thought is Practice 2 winner is usually the best indicator of race pace.
Merc are going to be quicker I imagine as long as their latest engine doesn't wear as bad as their others. Tyres will be a factor onnrace day, Merc have struggled on the softest sets so far this year.

I think I read that the team that wins in COTA has always won in Abu Dhabi apart from 2018 but the track changes would be more in favour of Merc and COTA was close. Definitely advantage Hamilton but I think Verstappen has shown an ability to "out drive" his car, he'll just need a big weekend.

Just seen that Mazepin has a gold helmet this weekend. Is that celebrating being one of the worst rookies ever?

Well that's a gauntlet laid. Still will be interesting on actual race pace.

Think for the championship Hamilton being behind Verstappen whose on faster tyres is better. Far less likely to have a coming together in the first few corners unless Hamilton is completely reckless or Verstappen gets a shite start.

Didn't see quali but Bottas could very easily not be a factor tomorrow. Quick starters around him and he's not one himself. If Perez jumps Norris early RB should win.

I don't see it being a two stop race for Mercedes. Abu Dhabi has consistently been a medium to hard race. Is Red Bull going to go soft hard soft? I think Red Bull has really put themselves in a bind here.

I think Mercedes need to play the long game, just keep Hamilton as close to Verstappen as possible and wait for the softs to wear our. If Hamilton is able to somehow keep pressure on Verstappen and force him to wear through them even quicker, that will make it only better. RB relying on a safety car or Verstappen being able to pull away enough of a lead.

I don't think Verstappen is 23 seconds quicker over a race though. Just feels like a big snafu from Max unless Red Bull has brought in a super tire preserving upgrade in.

I also think RB set up their cars for qualifying over race pace hoping to keep in front.

Didn't see quali but Bottas could very easily not be a factor tomorrow. Quick starters around him and he's not one himself. If Perez jumps Norris early RB should win.
Don't see how Perez helps Verstappen unless he gets in front of Hamilton. This isn't a normal race of trying to cover other people in the team for the race win. All Hamilton cares about is the race against Verstappen. Perez could win the race for all Mercedez cares.
I think Mercedes need to play the long game, just keep Hamilton as close to Verstappen as possible and wait for the softs to wear our. If Hamilton is able to somehow keep pressure on Verstappen and force him to wear through them even quicker, that will make it only better. RB relying on a safety car or Verstappen being able to pull away enough of a lead.
This is pretty much Hamiltons race now. Put as much pressure as Max as possible in the first stint. Hope he burns out his tyres massively and then hammertime once he pits with mediums.

RB have either played a blinder or completely stuffed themselves.

Don't see how Perez helps Verstappen unless he gets in front of Hamilton. This isn't a normal race of trying to cover other people in the team for the race win. All Hamilton cares about is the race against Verstappen. Perez could win the race for all Mercedez cares.This is pretty much Hamiltons race now. Put as much pressure as Max as possible in the first stint. Hope he burns out his tyres massively and then hammertime once he pits with mediums.

RB have either played a blinder or completely stuffed themselves.

Perez on a smooth track's job will be to try to cover Hamilton's pit window. Genuinely think he has it in him to keep his softs as long as Hamilton's mediums within the 28 second pitstop. He needs to clear Norris but could definitely take seconds off Hamilton's race.

Will he have to give that back? Feel Verstappen pushed him off.

How has Hamilton got away with that lol

Mercedes fans will still claim the world is out to get them

Latest posts