• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

F1 Racing

Bottas was the only Merc (former Merc?!) rep at the prize giving ceremony lol.
James Allison was there representing the team. Only Wolff and Hamilton boycotted. Bottas conveniently missed the press conference. Honestly think its better for the sport they didn't better to stay out of things until the results of FIA's investigation and changes are implemented.

I'm not sure Lewis accepting a knighthood is going to do him any favours getting credibility in his social causes.

"I am hereby ordained by the British monarchy to speak on matters of racial and social justice. Now hurry along and kiss my pinky ring." :p

I'm not sure Lewis accepting a knighthood is going to do him any favours getting credibility in his social causes.

"I am hereby ordained by the British monarchy to speak on matters of racial and social justice. Now hurry along and kiss my pinky ring." :p
You don't have to remain impoverished to discuss it as an issue. Ultimately if he was doing nothing to help those causes he championed then it would be a different thing but it's precisely because he does keep championining them that people hate him, the whole "don't force you opinions on us".

Realistically what was he supposed to do? Turn it down as racial and social injustice still exists? He'd then get even more flak for politicising something else.

I'm not going to criticise a Brit taking a knighthood. I think in Hamilton's case the way he speaks about issues is massively ineffective, he sounds disingenuous and buts them into random interviews and insta stories. If you look deeper he does do a lot of great work but I find his general/surface level messages come across as preachy and weak.

The knighthood is definitely less hypocritical than him preaching veganism for environmental reasons. Take away the F1 car and flights to and from races and I guarantee he still has a far higher carbon footprint than your average person, his (awesome) personal car collection alone guarantees that. He had a fairly infamous interview of wanting to start a sustainable, vegan clothes brand while wearing leather boots worth thousands at some stage too.

I've said it before that my extreme dislike for him almost doesn't make sense to me because he does say and do everything you want of a champion. The secret is definitely in how he says it, the tone and timing is almost always out of touch and I find it disingenuous and for the brand more than anything else. I don't see him coping well when out of the spotlight post retirement.

I'm not going to criticise a Brit taking a knighthood. I think in Hamilton's case the way he speaks about issues is massively ineffective, he sounds disingenuous and buts them into random interviews and insta stories. If you look deeper he does do a lot of great work but I find his general/surface level messages come across as preachy and weak.

The knighthood is definitely less hypocritical than him preaching veganism for environmental reasons. Take away the F1 car and flights to and from races and I guarantee he still has a far higher carbon footprint than your average person, his (awesome) personal car collection alone guarantees that. He had a fairly infamous interview of wanting to start a sustainable, vegan clothes brand while wearing leather boots worth thousands at some stage too.

I've said it before that my extreme dislike for him almost doesn't make sense to me because he does say and do everything you want of a champion. The secret is definitely in how he says it, the tone and timing is almost always out of touch and I find it disingenuous and for the brand more than anything else. I don't see him coping well when out of the spotlight post retirement.
I've thought of him more as a bit of an air-head than insincere. I think he's sincere but just pretty clueless about how certain things look and certainly tempted by bandwagons.

Well it's not like the UK royals didn't garner negative headlines on race matters fairly recently (as well as international sex trafficking, but that isn't his cause so it's a bit less relevant). I think "air-head" is probably a fair comment. I think his heart is in the right place and some of my best friends have been airheads. :p

Well it's not like the UK royals didn't garner negative headlines on race matters fairly recently (as well as international sex trafficking, but that isn't his cause so it's a bit less relevant). I think "air-head" is probably a fair comment. I think his heart is in the right place and some of my best friends have been airheads. :p
So LH should refuse a knighthood because of an unsubstantiated allegation against an unnamed member of the royal family?

So one of the first actions of the new FIA president is not to announce plans into checking the FIA procedures. Nope it's to see if HAMILTON broke rules and that there should be no forgiveness if he did. Jesus Christ this is not how you fix your image FIA (especially as his very election looks corrupt as ****).

That's so hilariously out of touch lol, although I think he should have gone if he's not pursuing an appeal.

Indycar should be looking at places like Hockenheim and Istanbul to race. F1 is firmly focused on the middle East and there's disillusioned fans to take advantage of.

So one of the first actions of the new FIA president is not to announce plans into checking the FIA procedures. Nope it's to see if HAMILTON broke rules and that there should be no forgiveness if he did. Jesus Christ this is not how you fix your image FIA (especially as his very election looks corrupt as ****).
Hamilton should just argue he's following FIA precedent and choosing which rules to follow. Honestly, sometimes the stupidity of people/organisations is astounding.

"If there is any breach, there is no forgiveness in this," Ben Sulayem said.
Asked to clarify whether he was saying Hamilton would be penalised for not attending the gala, he said: "Forgiveness is always there. But rules are rules.

FIA just keep ******* digging... I imagine if they go through with this there will be uproar. Merc dropped their appeal for the good of the sport and on the basis of constructive action and THIS is what the FIA have decided to do?

That's so hilariously out of touch lol, although I think he should have gone if he's not pursuing an appeal.
Where was it held? Because Hamilton was in the UK the day before for his knighthood ceremony, just wondering if that had some kind of effect due to COVID.

Where was it held? Because Hamilton was in the UK the day before for his knighthood ceremony, just wondering if that had some kind of effect due to COVID.
Think it was Paris, but I may be completely wrong.

"Lewis Hamilton is puppeteer to an F1 community sitting cross-legged and eager-eyed in anxious wait of an update on his future, with clamour for resolution testament to a sport that needs its record-chaser, its activist, its face."

https://www.skysports.com/f1/news/1...eighth-***le-after-toto-wolff-retirement-hint

Lol. Far from true.

I don't really know what game Hamilton is trying to play here. No one believes he'll leave the sport and it won't be that big a deal if he does. There's plenty of big personalities and other World Champions on the grid. Sky obviously want to make a deal of it because they need their viewer base and it will affect that. Outside of the UK it will be seen as a shame that a great driver retired while he had something to offer by most and probably welcomed by many also.

There's a snowball's chance in hell he'd go without a big hullabaloo and send-off too imo.

"Lewis Hamilton is puppeteer to an F1 community sitting cross-legged and eager-eyed in anxious wait of an update on his future, with clamour for resolution testament to a sport that needs its record-chaser, its activist, its face."

https://www.skysports.com/f1/news/1...eighth-***le-after-toto-wolff-retirement-hint

Lol. Far from true.

I don't really know what game Hamilton is trying to play here. No one believes he'll leave the sport and it won't be that big a deal if he does. There's plenty of big personalities and other World Champions on the grid. Sky obviously want to make a deal of it because they need their viewer base and it will affect that. Outside of the UK it will be seen as a shame that a great driver retired while he had something to offer by most and probably welcomed by many also.

There's a snowball's chance in hell he'd go without a big hullabaloo and send-off too imo.
It should be noted Sky Sports F1 is essentially the North American broadcaster as well as the UK one. Hamilton is big bucks over there as well and is essentially the face of the sport especially to people who take a glancing notice of it.

But yeah he'd of ****** off by now if he wanted to leave rather than dropping Mercedes in it, think he's honestly just keeping his head low in the break and not wanting an interrogation about last season which he'll have to do at the first test anyway and probably the first race. You can understand why. I don't really think he'd playing a game at all he hasn't actually said anything either way.

Leaked sources saying that the FIA believe what Masi did was wrong, that changes are required and that he may not keep his position for next season. Funny how they closed ranks when they thought they could get away with ******* it up and only acted after seeing how badly it has damaged the sport.

Masi has to go, this wasn't his first monumental fuckup and likely would not be his last if he stayed. He has been consistently inconsistent throughout the year and 2020.

Last edited:
I still find it hilarious that some people in the FIA thought it would just go away.

If the FIA believe the decision was wrong and a correct decision would have given the win to Hamilton they should intervene and make this season double or quits (if anyone other than Hamilton wins this year then Max keeps last season's championship).

However, as followers of Craig Joubert* will know, this isn't how the world works when rules are ignored in critical international sporting fixtures. So the FIA will just run off the pitch at the end of last season and pretend nothing went wrong.

*Yes! I shoehorned in my bi-annual Joubert gripe. There is still some lingering Scottishness in me yet.

Latest posts