• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

F1 Racing

Oh its definitely a problem its just not one that likely effected the race result in terms of the championship.
I don't think anything will change the result as I don't think any body outside the FIA has the power to demand they take specific action that way. It could affect future results though.

Glad it's over. On the balance of the season Max deserved to be gifted a few points to get over the line but that was a shambles.

There's a large, loud, vocal and dissatisfied fanbase out there though. FIA need to improve.

Just discovered one of the guys I was at Uni with is one of the RB engineers. Small world.

Try one of the smaller teams,
My brother's a massive F1 nerd and ended up working for Catheram for a few years before they folded
I was joking lol. Probably too subtle!

It would be so cool to do if you got to go to a few races and not just be stuck in some random small town where they're all based!

I was joking lol. Probably too subtle!
It's been a long day
David Tennant No GIF by Doctor Who

Obviously this is just my opinion, but Red Bull definitely coming off worse in this than Merc. Merc haven't publically complained or whined, they've challenged legally even if it was rejected. The media silence was probably a good idea. As I said, I think all but the most blinkered fans and neutrals wouldn't criticise Merc for challenging what happened. If the shoe was on the other foot Red Bull definitely would do the same.

They have got the FIA to basically admit there was a mistake or at the very least something that needs investigating which implies something was wrong. If Masi goes that would leave no doubt.

Merc have also dropped a contentious legal challenge under the guise of working with the FIA to improve and fix the sport. They have publically congratulated Max.

Honestly I don't see how they could have been more gracious considering the circumstances.

Max on the otherhand from what I've seen has just given Hamilton and Merc a few backhanded compliments if not outright hostility and insults. He now has a big asterisk against his world ***le and many people including myself will not think he should have been world champion. (I'd have said exactly the same if Hamilton had won in the same fashion). He's in danger of looking like a poor winner, who knows he was handed a ***le.

On top Red Bull are becoming the bad guys with their aggressive tactics, pushing of the rules and the whining they made to Masi that seemed to get decisions to go their way. Not saying Toto is any better, but I feel Red Bull have come off looking worse. Horner saying that the safety car decision was fair definitely looks bad when the FIA basically admits it was wrong. He could have said it was questionable, but sometimes that happens in sport. Instead he doubled down on trying to paint Red Bull and Max as deserved winners through driving and tactics, when in fact they were handed the race by Masi.

Last edited:
I'm not surprised Max is ****** off at Merc, they tried branding him as a lunatic who shouldn't be allowed to drive a car for half a season after putting him in hospital and crashing him out of contention in the next race.

I think it's fairly pointless arguing who's worse. Literally all of them are as bad as eachother. Everyone loves Seb as the moment, he was a prick. LeClerc is well liked, wait until he's in contention. Ferrari, McLaren, Williams, Renault have all, at some point, been largely disliked because of their arrogance and thinking they're above the rules. It's the sport.

I'm not surprised Max is ****** off at Merc, they tried branding him as a lunatic who shouldn't be allowed to drive a car for half a season after putting him in hospital and crashing him out of contention in the next race.

I think it's fairly pointless arguing who's worse. Literally all of them are as bad as eachother. Everyone loves Seb as the moment, he was a prick. LeClerc is well liked, wait until he's in contention. Ferrari, McLaren, Williams, Renault have all, at some point, been largely disliked because of their arrogance and thinking they're above the rules. It's the sport.
I don't completely disagree tbh. My point was relating to this specific incident which has gained huge media attention. For most people the rest of season will be an afterthought to Abu Dhabi. This is what people will remember and personally Max and Red Bull are coming off looking worse. Not as bad as the FIA, but I think Merc will definitely have won themselves some fans, especially amongst neutrals who were watching only that race and hadn't watched the rest of the season.

Also I know we'll disagree, but Max put himself in hospital with his driving style. You either give way or Max hits you. That for me is predominantly on Max. The racing line is just a bullshit excuse for drivers to force their way into positions.

Yeah Merc have handled it exceptionally well to be fair. It won't stop me disliking the most of any team though.

Also I know we'll disagree, but Max put himself in hospital with his driving style. You either give way or Max hits you. That for me is predominantly on Max. The racing line is just a bullshit excuse for drivers to force their way into positions.

Yeah we won't agree. Lewis has a history of clipping the rear right of an RB. It's his dirty trick.

Max and Red Bull are coming off looking worse. Not as bad as the FIA, but I think Merc will definitely have won themselves some fans
That's a pretty subjective view. Red Bull did absolutely nothing wrong (Horner pressing Masi to "let them race" is exactly what Toto would have done). Mercedes getting new fans is a no brainer due simply to Hamilton's popularity. The fact that his current fans will cope and seethe on twitter for the next 4 months is hilarious though.

That's a pretty subjective view. Red Bull did absolutely nothing wrong (Horner pressing Masi to "let them race" is exactly what Toto would have done). Mercedes getting new fans is a no brainer due simply to Hamilton's popularity. The fact that his current fans will cope and seethe on twitter for the next 4 months is hilarious though.
Tbh you've already shown yourself to be one of those blinkered fans so...meh

Can we stop with any of the put him or himself in hospital crap. We're better than that on this forum. He went for a checkup after an extremely high speed crash and was fine.

I don't have much time for if it wasn't for halo crap about Monza either.

Neither driver went out to hurt one another and safety in F1 is far greater than it once was.

Can we stop with any of the put him or himself in hospital crap. We're better than that on this forum. He went for a checkup after an extremely high speed crash and was fine.

I don't have much time for if it wasn't for halo crap about Monza either.

Neither driver went out to hurt one another and safety in F1 is far greater than it once was.
Well in Monza Verstappen's rear wheel did hit Hamilton's head so yeah, without the Halo he would have had a few hundred kilos banging into his head. That could definitely have caused serious damage. Don't think Verstappen intended that though and also feel he likely knew Hamilton was ok when we walked off.

Latest posts