• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

F1 Racing

What session did the double yellows happen? I hate how they don't make a big deal out of them until coverage wraps up.

Apart from Max just absolutely bottling it.
Not very relevant.

Double yellows was FP3. Exactly the same as Qatar where Max didn't have both on track and dashcam yellows, should be a penalty.

Hopefully Max's car is ok and he can push tomorrow, can't stand that asshole winning the championship again, especially when he's comfortably been the worse driver, cheated and been gifted points by the FIA.

Double yellows was FP3. Exactly the same as Qatar where Max didn't have both on track and dashcam yellows, should be a penalty.
Seeing what my Marshall friend said the other week flags matter nothing else does. So if Hamilton went past someone waving double waved yellows without reacting he gets a penalty if he didn't he gets away with it.

Without seeing it and the statements nothing the mentions flags but he everything else he want able to see. So it all matters if Hamiltons camera shows a waving flag.

Should be clear cut either way like it was for Max so can't imagine the protest winning because they would of seen the flags.

This said F1 has failed dismally all season for both drivers adjuding the same incident with the same punishment.

I missed the middle of fp3

I just looked at an onboard and it looks pretty clearcut

That, and the Gasly and Mazepin incidents. No way there's no penalty in any of it, if a backmarker was doing what Hamilton did they'd be penalised.

Beyond a joke.

That being said it's beyond stupid that Red Bull can appeal the decision. They aren't an aggrieved party. We can't just have every team appealing every decision in the sport. F1 shows how unprofessional it is whenever it actually comes to being a sport.

That being said it's beyond stupid that Red Bull can appeal the decision. They aren't an aggrieved party. We can't just have every team appealing every decision in the sport. F1 shows how unprofessional it is whenever it actually comes to being a sport.
Agreed

Anyway, RB seem confident the car will be fine. Verstappen is obviously quicker, at least 2-3 safety cars and probably a red flag tomorrow. Must watch TV.

Seeing how close these cars were to the walls reminded a lot of the Nashville Indy car race this year. For those of you who don't know had like 35 cautions and had Colton herta bin it with two laps to go chasing down Marcus Ericsson. It was a **** show but you couldn't take your eyes off of it.

Going to be no margin of error.

It is funny watching the Hamilton stans try and justify the penalty when if it were Verstappen they'd be stringing him up

The course is mad, though - a little surprised it's been approved. Definitely looks to have been designed with fan entertainment (i.e. how dangerous can we legally get away with) in mind

1638644893822.jpeg

So now I'm thinking I looked at the wrong onboard. According to f1 redditors (who tbf are wrong about 70% of the time) the onboard going around was of flashing white flags.

I haven't seen the incident but if there were no waved yellows and no light, Hamilton cannot be punished. If any of those were visible, particularly double waved yellows as claimed, then it should be the same punishment as Verstappen got.

The driving slowly around the track, mixed feelings. Many drivers were driving that slowly but WTF were Mercedes playing at not warning Hamilton Mazepin was arriving?

Yeah I've come around on the double yellows. Still don't think Hamilton should be on pole, Mazepin is bad, Gasly is absolutely ridiculous. Doing that after a long straight, no way anyone but Hamilton or Verstappen get away with that.

Red Bull taking a gamble with the gearbox. Ferrari did it earlier with Le Clerc and he didn't even start.

Interesting to see how quickly sainz swims up the field. Think it will tell us a lot about how the race will go.

Pretty much the perfect start for Merc. This track has absolutely no distinguishing features, it's hard to tell where they are on the lap.

Red Bull chucked this race away? Now throwing thor toys out the pram for tactics everyone else does including them.

Bottas could be in trouble, he looked to be going very slowly in front of Verstappen.

Latest posts