• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Favorite Commentators

Mex is known as a colour commentator. Thats his job to give contrasting views to what the other main bloke is saying. You're entitled to your views, and so is Mex. Period.
[/b]

Of course people are entitled to their views but that doesn't make them right! ;)

BBC commentators are the worst, full stop. I guess the thing is I don't pay any attention when the commentary is good as I'm focusing on the game.

TF1 put football's commentators because they don't have any rugby tradition. They won the rights for World Cups but they don't give a **** between the three other years.

Thierry Gilardi is really bad. He learned a few notion before this Cup, such as "ligne d'avantage", so he put it everywhere, "Ligne d'avantage over here ; ligne d'avantage over there..." It was really funny to see him trying to explain the rules and Thierry Lacroix trying to make it correct "Euh... No Thierry, the rules says...'' :bleh!:

Thierry Lacroix is a really good commentator. He is very clear in his explainations, he is very helpful with beginers.

Christian Jeanpierre is the worst ever. He was already commentator for WC 99, along with Bernard Laporte. He did not know the rules at that time ; he still don't know how to play rugby !!! His consultants were former flanker Eric Champ, great player but really poor TV commentator, and former 9 Aubin Hueber. <_<

Commentators on France 2 (VI Nations and H-Cup) and Canal Plus (Top 14 and Super 14) are really better.
I keep an eye on the new one : Thomas Castaignède... Not sure he is made for the job... :)

I personally find Hook very entertaining to listen to, even if you disagree with the points he is making.

I despise those clowns on Setanta though!

You guys are not aware but we have two old men leading all the rugby matches in Georgian

These persons are really fond of rugby and almost "play with players" everytime they are in Live :bravo:

Zaal Gigineishvili and Temur Japaridze are the names of these people :cheers:

They're funny to listen and even more funny to conversate

talk_to_me.gif

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sussudio @ Nov 9 2007, 05:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I personally find Hook very entertaining to listen to, even if you disagree with the points he is making.[/b]
Yes! George Hook!!!!
He's the greatest!
Newstalk-Legends.jpg

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Martin1813 @ Nov 6 2007, 03:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
TF1 put football's commentators because they don't have any rugby tradition. They won the rights for World Cups but they don't give a **** between the three other years.

Thierry Gilardi is really bad. He learned a few notion before this Cup, such as "ligne d'avantage", so he put it everywhere, "Ligne d'avantage over here ; ligne d'avantage over there..." It was really funny to see him trying to explain the rules and Thierry Lacroix trying to make it correct "Euh... No Thierry, the rules says...'' :bleh!:

Thierry Lacroix is a really good commentator. He is very clear in his explainations, he is very helpful with beginers.

Christian Jeanpierre is the worst ever. He was already commentator for WC 99, along with Bernard Laporte. He did not know the rules at that time ; he still don't know how to play rugby !!! His consultants were former flanker Eric Champ, great player but really poor TV commentator, and former 9 Aubin Hueber. <_<

Commentators on France 2 (VI Nations and H-Cup) and Canal Plus (Top 14 and Super 14) are really better.
I keep an eye on the new one : Thomas Castaignède... Not sure he is made for the job... :)[/b]

Was Thierry Gilardi the one shouting "OOOUUUUIIII! OOOUUUUIIII!" during the France vs New Zealand Rugby World Cup QF?

As for my favourite commentator..

webbypt6.jpg

Sorry, I meant:
WillGreenwood4_548224.jpg

Most of them are pretty dreadful, although i hate Andrew Cotter the most. Complete tosser who has no patriotic drop of blood in his body just ridicules Scotland. The best is Hugh Bladen, love the accent love the man. Jonathan Edwards is a good pundit, the likes of Mexted and Kearns are garbage.

Hugh Bladen is a legend and is unrivalled in SA. Simply the best. Him and Joel Stransky make a very good commentary team. Stransky is refreshingly unbias, at least in my view.

My favourites are the guys commentating the NRL. They're funny and listening to them makes you somehow excited (like when ther's a big hit for ex).

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Prestwick @ Sep 6 2008, 09:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Martin1813 @ Nov 6 2007, 03:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I keep an eye on the new one : Thomas Castaignède... Not sure he is made for the job... :)[/b]

Was Thierry Gilardi the one shouting "OOOUUUUIIII! OOOUUUUIIII!" during the France vs New Zealand Rugby World Cup QF?
[/b][/quote]

Yep, that's the one. Unfortunately he passed away not too long ago.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Incredible Schalk @ Sep 6 2008, 10:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Most of them are pretty dreadful, although i hate Andrew Cotter the most. Complete tosser who has no patriotic drop of blood in his body just ridicules Scotland. The best is Hugh Bladen, love the accent love the man. Jonathan Edwards is a good pundit, the likes of Mexted and Kearns are garbage.[/b]

This ones for you mate, enjoy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p17cpUlUr-Y

ahaha, that is class. Especially the one about Paul ***o "a blind man groping in a brothel"

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Incredible Schalk @ Sep 6 2008, 08:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
ahaha, that is class. Especially the one about Paul ***o "a blind man groping in a brothel"[/b]

Yeah that ones his best, "he was left groping" :lol:

"Very good footballer......... Constructive felicitator". Gets me every time.

Hahaha yeah I don't like Mexted sometimes but I his comments are pretty funny every now and then. I reckon some of the aussie commentators are pretty good because they cheer for both sides on the field not just their own with the exception of Kearnzie.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (wairarapa_cullen @ Sep 6 2008, 09:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Prestwick @ Sep 6 2008, 09:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Was Thierry Gilardi the one shouting "OOOUUUUIIII! OOOUUUUIIII!" during the France vs New Zealand Rugby World Cup QF?[/b]

[/b][/quote]

Seriously?! :mellow:

Thats a shock, he sounded like he was at least enthusiastic about the game, my apologies to the Francophone peoples :(

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Prestwick @ Sep 7 2008, 01:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (wairarapa_cullen @ Sep 6 2008, 09:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Prestwick @ Sep 6 2008, 09:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Was Thierry Gilardi the one shouting "OOOUUUUIIII! OOOUUUUIIII!" during the France vs New Zealand Rugby World Cup QF?[/b]

[/b][/quote]

Seriously?! :mellow:

Thats a shock, he sounded like he was at least enthusiastic about the game, my apologies to the Francophone peoples :(
[/b][/quote]

Tss tss tss, we even had a thread about him on this very forum... :angry: :rolleyes:

Latest posts