TRF_Cymro

Cymro The White
TRF Legend
Country Flag
Wales
Club or Nation
Barbarians
20157.2.jpg

Romania have been forced into a late change ahead of the World Cup after their star winger Catalin Fercu withdrew due to a fear of flying.

http://www.espnscrum.com/2011-rugby-world-cup/rugby/story/147477.html

Has he only realised this in the last week? =/

Surely he can't be that good a 'winger' if he's so scared of 'flying'?

No? Never mind.

Shame for him and Romania, though I don't feel qualified to say how big a blow it is.

He should have done a train journey to Singapore and then taken a boat....

Correction train to Malaysia then car.bus to singapore then boat take about a month though.

Good move, otherwise he was boeing to be very nervous......

What happened to the samoan winger that made the romanian squad Jeff makapelu. Hes better than anything that romania have has he gone back to new zealand, or did he not want to be in the squad.

Has he only realised this in the last week? =/

He probably s**t himself when he found out the total traveling time would be 40 hours there, and another 40 back.

I wisnae happy when I saw the 21 hour flight to USA, my saving grace was a stop-over in Senegal. :p

Correction train to Malaysia then car.bus to singapore then boat take about a month though.

It could have been an IRB documentary...About how passionate Romanian wingers are the lengths they will go to to get to the RWC, as well he could have spread the game along the way to remote villages and handed out copies of the IRB laws...

Gonna be gutting for him watching on TV and thinking "I should be on that pitch...."

It could have been an IRB documentary...About how passionate Romanian wingers are the lengths they will go to to get to the RWC, as well he could have spread the game along the way to remote villages and handed out copies of the IRB laws...

Why, would he be going to a SH refs convention

Booyeah

they should just hit him over the head with a hammer and put him on a plane, take the hammer on board in case he wakes up over the indian ocean.

no sympathy. what a ****ing prat, missing out on a world cup just because he can't get over being scared a bit. and if it's that bad, why not get horribly drunk in the first hour of the flight? he doesn't have to play for a week...

no sympathy. what a ****ing prat, missing out on a world cup just because he can't get over being scared a bit. and if it's that bad, why not get horribly drunk in the first hour of the flight? he doesn't have to play for a week...

Got to respect his wishes. Same as Murray and Jones who decided not to play on Sunday's.

Latest posts