• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

After just over a week, has your mind changed on who you think will win the Worl

I think it's the old Tri Nations (SA, NZ, Oz) + France. I'd also throw Argentina in there as a wildcard, but I don't see Ireland or Wales having the quality to go all the way.
Argentina and France above Ireland? Your pushing it with SA above them. I think of Aus as favourites but anyone who doesn't think Ire are serious contenders needs their head checked.

Yes. Ireland will beat France in their pools. Thus, France will face ABs in the quarters. At about 1min, 23seconds in the first half all France players will present white flags and run away.

Argentina and France above Ireland? Your pushing it with SA above them. I think of Aus as favourites but anyone who doesn't think Ire are serious contenders needs their head checked.

I appreciate the recognition...! However, Im keeping my mouth zipped till France. Italy today will be another good indicator but Le Crunch will truly show us where were at.

I've said from the start, Ireland will win it. I'm sticking to it.

At the moment you would have to say Wallabies are genuine contenders, that was an emphatic statement made in that England game. Ireland have shown real promise, as have Argentina. Scotland are brave triers but I believe Quarter Final is the limit of their ability unfortunately.

South Africa are true contenders. They have had their fright against Japan and responded like a champion team they are. France are the real dark horses, always dangerous and on their day are unbeatable. The All Blacks claim not to be showing their tactics. However, that doesn't excuse poor passing and handling and kicking touch in goal. That smacks of being out of form. I agree with the premise of what is the point of winning by 100 when you can use the games to work on stuff.

I am predicting an Aus/NZ final

Contenders to win the whole tournament? I think the best they've done previously is the quarter-finals, I know it's a different team but I just don't see it. The other teams I have picked have all either won it or made the final (wildcard Argentina finished 3rd previously).

Happy to be wrong, it would be good to see Ireland, Wales or Argentina win the tournament, or even France since they haven't won it before.

Last edited:
How much rugby is left now "buddy"?

It wasn't to be for England unfortunately throwing it away against Wales cost us.

We'll still go out with a big win against Uruguay, while you lot get twatted by SA

- - - Updated - - -

NZ or AUS will win it. Can't split them myself but they'll play each other in the final.

I have always though it would be a NZ V AUS final however NZ haven't had a pressing game yet. They have not looked like they are at their best either. If NZ end up playing the South Africa on the way to the final then I can see SA wining if NZ keep going along the way they are playing.

I have always though it would be a NZ V AUS final however NZ haven't had a pressing game yet. They have not looked like they are at their best either. If NZ end up playing the South Africa on the way to the final then I can see SA wining if NZ keep going along the way they are playing.
I was impressed by NZ against Argentina, who obviously are a good side. While NZ weren't great first half, not once did I think they were in trouble and they controlled the game throughout the second half. I reckon they've got extra gears against the top teams and I personally wouldnt be worried about how they play against the likes of Georgia & Namibia.

NZ have the game to beat all comers that is for sure. However when they can put in the odd bad game. I still think they should make the final but?

I was impressed by NZ against Argentina, who obviously are a good side. While NZ weren't great first half, not once did I think they were in trouble and they controlled the game throughout the second half. I reckon they've got extra gears against the top teams and I personally wouldnt be worried about how they play against the likes of Georgia & Namibia.

Yeah, thats a really good post.

To get overly concerned vs either Georgia or Namibia not to mention calling for the heads of any individual player is a bit silly and shows a lack of understanding as to whats been going on IMO. And as you rightly point out the ABs really did display some genuine dominance vs Argentina when they needed to step up and Argentina is a good side.

For the record, I am a little bit concerned at this stage, and its mainly due to combinations not clicking and lack of execution. This should be improved significantly in the next game, if not, "a little" will become "a lot" :)

The ABs don't suddenly forget how to play Union. It's clear they're 'playing games'. ABs still easily the favourites.

Hansens post game interveiw didn't fill me with confidence. All this talk about not kicking into space "playing games", if he came out and said Georgia played a good game an left it at that it wouldn't be so bad. It seems like there is a bit of panic in the ABs camp and they needed to justify the performance against Georgia, don't get me wrong I back our boys fully and I'm expecting us to improve but that post match interveiw for some reason doesn't sit well with me, if you're playing games by all means "play games" why come out and hand the media an insight into what you're doing? Show em your best poker face an see em in the quaters. Maybe I'm just a bit paranoid about the way they're playing but I think Hansen should've congratulated Georgia on the game and left it at that.

Before the Aus/Eng game I was 100% sure NZ will win the cup.....now I'm 51% sure Aus will win it against NZ...

Before the Aus/Eng game I was 100% sure NZ will win the cup.....now I'm 51% sure Aus will win it against NZ...

Remember when England bet the All Blacks 41 - 25 what ever it was?

2012 when they had Norovirus. Sadly the RFU never pressed on with the chemical warfare trials, it could have been a road to greatness.

No I don't, must have been 200 years ago.....

I think if they play in the final the game will be decided at 10......and I also think DC's too old to see that Aussie 10 going through the gap. Except if NZ starts with SBW, he's still young enough to see the Aussie and will point him out to DC?

Must be madness rating anyone above the AB's in the final. I think DC is the best 10 ever to play the game. I just think he's playing in one world cup too many.

No I don't, must have been 200 years ago.....

I think if they play in the final the game will be decided at 10......and I also think DC's too old to see that Aussie 10 going through the gap. Except if NZ starts with SBW, he's still young enough to see the Aussie and will point him out to DC?

Must be madness rating anyone above the AB's in the final. I think DC is the best 10 ever to play the game. I just think he's playing in one world cup too many.

Lol, you really think Foleys going to show up all tournament?

Latest posts