• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

After just over a week, has your mind changed on who you think will win the Worl

Mine has. I think Australia will walk their way into the final. Probably going to play the all blacks there. Australia to win it!

I thought England would challenge Australia but I think they'll walk it!

The problem you've got is that the All Blacks can RUN...

Anyone that thinks any team is going to "walk there way" anywhere is this tournament is in lala land I'm afraid. Its a tough comp, perhaps the toughest yet. I don't actually think any team has a ticket to the semis, let alone the final or the ***le. OZ are still in serious danger of not even making the knock out stage of the comp!

Anyone that thinks any team is going to "walk there way" anywhere is this tournament is in lala land I'm afraid. Its a tough comp, perhaps the toughest yet. I don't actually think any team has a ticket to the semis, let alone the final or the ***le. OZ are still in serious danger of not even making the knock out stage of the comp!

I think who ever finishes top in the 'group of death' and gets to play Scotland or Japan/Samoa (possibly South Africa if they lose/draw to Scotland). Will get the easiest QF out of everyone. I think Ireland will be thankful to get Argentina as well (they should beat France), considering their strong record against them lately. But you're right, none of the games are a walk in the park.

I guess the All Blacks are favourites, but that doesn't mean they will win it. In the Quarter Finals I predict the surprise team will be Argentina. They pushed the AB's all the way and it appears to me they have improved as the Pool matches have gone on. I can't see them winning it but they will be a spoiler team.

A lot of people on this thread severely underestimating OZ by the looks. Wondering if this win changes peoples views of them? Perhaps that victory has put to bed the away from home factor. It didn't look to concern them much at all really. Also other aspects of their game that were brought up as concerns by some including set piece (particularly the scrum) and the 9-10 combo, and the forward pack in general, seem to be strength more than weaknesses based on todays performance.

Hopper and Pocock are out of site as well - teams are going to have to find a way to combat that.

I had them as my outside pick to win the Cup - Now I think they are a legitimate contender and definitely the best performing team of the RWC based on form.

If they beat Wales they should have the easier of draws as well to get to the final.

Last edited:
I have a sneaky suspicion that France could emerge from nowhere for this. They've been pretty much overlooked so far, and every one knows they can pull out a mercurial performance every world cup.

A lot of people on this thread severely underestimating OZ by the looks. Wondering if this win changes peoples views of them? Perhaps that viceroy has put to bed the away from home factor. It didn't look to concern them much at all really. Also other aspects of their game that were brought up as concerns by some including set piece (particularly the scrum) and the 9-10 combo, and the forward pack in general, seem to be strength more than weaknesses based on todays performance.

Hopper and Picklock are out of site as well - teams are going to have to find a way to combat that.

I had them as my outside pick to win the Cup - Now I think they are a legitimate contender and definitely the best performing team of the RWC based on form.

If they beat Wales they should have the easier of draws as well to get to the final.

Hooper and Pocock are easy provided Barnes isnt reffing their games as shown at Eden Park and the semi in 2011 where Pocock was totally owned!

Australia are certainly on the right track though thats for sure.

oh yeah well we're only half way through the pool so there is still a lot of rugby to be played buddy. even funnier how the USA have never made it out of the pool?

How much rugby is left now "buddy"?

How much rugby is left now "buddy"?

Stop it. Your not a true rugby fan because true rugby fans don't act the way you are . You harp on about Southern Hemisphere rugby but you are from the northern hemisphere . I know people talk about rednecks and how stupid yanks are but you are really cementing it at the moment ....

Stop it. Your not a true rugby fan because true rugby fans don't act the way you are . You harp on about Southern Hemisphere rugby but you are from the northern hemisphere . I know people talk about rednecks and how stupid yanks are but you are really cementing it at the moment ....

I am cementing that I am right and your crew is wrong. Come find me when I am wrong about something.

In my opinion we saw the new world champion on Saturday. Impressive efforts from the Springboks and especially from the Wallabies.

All blacks still favs for my money.
But will be a good final if the Wallabies can keep it up and meet them there.

Im going with Oz vs New Zealand, which sounds bloody fantastic! I would absolutely love to play Oz in the semis. I would be very surprised if we got past that though

The big thing for Australia is to keep injury free, a few injuries here or there and they're exposed badly. Remain injury free, then they're in with a real shot at making the final.

Australia's stock must have gone up with a lot of people after this win, certainly the first of the big teams to stamp there mark like they did.

Need to do that for 4 more games though and that is a big ask.

SA and Ireland will let us know once they play France.

Wales may struggle to beat Aus after that game so that will hurt them.

Looking like NZ, SA, Aus and Ire in the semis.

I think the AB's will beat SA and get into the final.

Ireland and Aus will play an epic game, at this stage leaning towards an Aus win until I have seen Ire play France.

AB's vs Aus final.

I think people are over estimating NZ's capability. We haven't seen anything amazing from them yet. Yes, they'll probably lift their game when properly challenged though.

edit; and fix this ****ing website.

I would have to agree with you here, but I feel Australia are too strong for any team to cope with and they are the team for me to win this! ;-)

I think it's the old Tri Nations (SA, NZ, Oz) + France. I'd also throw Argentina in there as a wildcard, but I don't see Ireland or Wales having the quality to go all the way.

Latest posts