• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Fifa 08 demo out

E

esoj

well pc demo has just come out for fifa 08 and a chance for everyone to see what it has to offer this year in the ongoing battle with PES.

Description:
The demo offers the chance to play as seven teams, FC Barcelona, AC Milan, America (Mexico), NY Red Bulls, Manchester United, Marseille, and Bayern München

no problem mate. ps3 and xbox 360 versions of the demo are rumoured to be coming this month sometime.

At the moment, you can only download the demo via EA server. The problem is there are hundreds of thousands downloading the demo, so download speed is very poor.

try checking places like gamershell etc demo is pretty much out everywhere on the web. sadly my download was corrupt and I haven't been able to play it yet.

Downloaded the demo off gamespot last night, it's alright, the graphics are about the same, they only allow you to play one half of play with those teams they chose you to take, the AI is better, they cut off passes and tackle fairly adequately. Although when playing I haven't really had much trouble defensively. The faces look pretty much like the player which is good....that's all I have really noticed, haven't played it extensively however..

i will own my 1st ever fifa game this year

EA have come good in 2008, in both tiger and madden

Fifa will have A-league and that extensive owner mode

PES will still be bought, but am thinking for online only - hopefull lag free

EA's 2008 online so far with madden is flawless - hopefully this breeds threw EA's whole line-up

I found this on gameplanet nz a week or so back and forgot to post it. this may well tip this year into ea's favour too. 5v5 online

Electronic Arts has unveiled plans for a new feature called Be A Pro: Online Team Play, which will enable ten players to connect online to play a single match of FIFA 08.

The new feature, available for the Xbox 360 and PS3 versions, will be offered as a free downloadable feature six to eight weeks after the game ships to stores.

Be A Pro: Online Team Play is the evolution of a new play mode featured in FIFA 08 called Be A Pro which locks you into the role of a single, fixed player the entire game and challenges you to master the same disciplines as a real football playerâ€"from positioning and tackling to reading the field and passing.

Users receive real time feedback and analysis on the fly and a unique camera angle keeps both player and action in focus, zooming in when you're on attack. Now in Be A Pro: Online Team Play, up to five friends on different consoles will be able to select and take control of their own individual players on the same team, supported by AI teammates, to play against up to five rivals of another team. Alternatively, online users can select to play with free roaming players, and teams can have a combination of both.

"At EA Sports our dream is to create a full 11-versus-11 online gameplay experience in which each user will have a set position during the match and train specifically for that position," said Joe Booth, producer of FIFA 08. "Be A Pro is the first step in this direction, and now, with the ability to deliver five versus five online gameplay as free downloadable content, we are moving even closer towards the realisation of this dream."

"Be A Pro forces you to think and react like a professional player where you experience the whole range of emotions players go through during the course of a game," said Andrew Wilson, Executive Producer of FIFA 08. "Now we are taking this experience online for you to share with your friends. You will have to learn to work together as a team much like any real teams go through in order to be successful."

In addition to Be A Pro: Online Team Play, the online feature set in FIFA 08 includes the award-winning Interactive Leagues, where you represent your club online against your rivals throughout the season in the FA Premier League, Bundesliga, French League or Mexican 1st Division and features weekly in-game podcasts by the development team, and Online Leagues, where you create and organise your own multiplayer Friends Leagues and tournaments with all the tools in-game.

FIFA 08 features a new, organic building-block system that enables you to combine tricks and skill moves together to recreate signature moves from the real-world superstars or define your own style of play. You can even capture video of your best moves and goals in-game and upload to the FIFA 08 website to show off your style and celebrate your glory with friends across the globe. In addition, FIFA 08 features a next-generation ball-striking engine that re-creates the drama and unpredictable nature of shooting, and the inclusion of 576 licensed teams, 30 leagues, and more than 15,000 players.

FIFA 08 is due for release in New Zealand on 27th September on PC-DVD, PS2, PS3, PSP, Xbox 360, Wii and DS.

10 players online 5v5 sadly we wont see down in ANZACville

its been noted only for europe and usa.

australia and nz miss-out which sux

but i also heard this FIFA is brilliant......EA in 2008 have pulled out some guns

i played the NHL demo, and that is hotshit too.
after playing Tiger.....i may get all EA 2008 ***les.

The Be a Pro mode is going to be sweet, but who is going to play the goalie? :p

I won't lol, but i think that's a sweet change in the FIFA series. Let's see if it has what it takes to take me back from PES

For those that care (read: not me), the FIFA demo is now on Xbox Live Marketplace... as long as you live in Australia, Canada, Hong Kong, Korea, Singapore, Taiwan and the US. Note the distinct lack of Europe. EA's official line on that is it's coming "very soon". I can only assume they're still pending a PEGI rating. Go figure. I also dont know whats happening about the Playstation Network, but I have been informed it is supposed to go up there today too.

I'm more interested in the new Spiderman demo meself (and i'm not particularly bothered about that as it goes).

Does anybody know if the dutch national team will feature on the new fifa? I can't believe they keep getting left out! Has it got something to do with Nike licensing? I know on the old Pro Evo they were all called Oranges instead of having real names!

Does anybody know if the dutch national team will feature on the new fifa? I can't believe they keep getting left out! Has it got something to do with Nike licensing? I know on the old Pro Evo they were all called Oranges instead of having real names! [/b]

Yes they will be! :cheers: even New Zealands in there WOOOOHOOO !!!

It's only because the Dutch football federation are pain in the butts, why there hardly in video games. :(

The 360 (& current gen versions) demo is gonna be released on 9th October, whilst the PS3 demo will be out on the 16th.

I really like this game. I think its much better on the ps3 though, eletric ad-boards etc. The small things count :)

Well I have just downloaded the Demo from marketplace, to be honest nothing special... or I didn't think it was...

Latest posts