• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

First Trailer for RWC 2011 - NOW LIVE!

Fifa used to get the same thing. No new features between yearly sequels. I expect even Sidhe's game is based on their RL series, as of course it would be. I expected HB to mimic R08, and that's fair, but i think many of us have got carried with the idea that this new game was going to be everything to all people, which it never could be. It's not the holy grail.

There are a lot of negative comments of this game, which is probably unfair, but there are some valid ones too. I try to be constructive, and i can see RWC11 clearly resembles R08 from that trailer.. to the point that you could say they've just fixed some of the weaker parts of R08 and kept the rest. For me, they've just lost a lot of sales with their choice of gameplay footage.

R08 was never a bad game, but it needs to progress into a new engine, or at least something that doesn't feel like you've played it 50 times before you've ended your first game.

RC looks the much more tantalising, i have to say. RWC11 looks like it's labouring through the same old formula. But at this stage, it's easy to dismiss on first impressions. I'm sure i'll enjoy both games, and am grateful for them being released.

I would say though, that £37.00 for RWC11 is a bit steep though. I got it for £17 by game discount, but i do believe it's a rent first, buy when it's cheap ***le. Whereas with RC, it's doing a very good job of wooing my hard earned cash into buying their game.

Isn't 40 quid the average for a PS3/360 game anyways???

Been loving this thread of late, i think HB will shock us with the demo :D :D One thing that aint been mentioned i don't think is whether the demo will have commentary :p

You are never going to get everyone to like the game

Quite right, most YouTube comments about the trailer are negative. And you can't disagree about how just about everything looks the same as R08 in the trailer and I'm not saying that's a bad thing, I'm saying it's not going to be good enough for those hoping for a quality next generation Rugby game. Especially when you paying the full price for a game that features about 20 teams with a system that's 4+ years old.

But hey HB Studios are in some kind of partnership with TRF. So admins or 'Resident Hookers' should be calling opinion-givers that are negative 'Goons' but it actually seems like the real goons are the one's that deny what's the obvious truth.

But hey HB Studios are in some kind of partnership with TRF. So admins or 'Resident Hookers' should be calling opinion-givers that are negative 'Goons' but it actually seems like the real goons are the one's that deny what's the obvious truth.

The so called goons are the ones who contribute to the RWC'11 section and RC section only, but then its easy for the newbies to come here and take a pop at staff and others because they are open minded about RWC'11 and put the spiel out that 'the TRF partnership' / staff are window lickers. If people have had their say about how rubbish the game is going to be / not going to purchase why do they continuously carry on posting in the RWC section?

Just remember this forum is about Rugby and not just about games ... or have people seemingly forgotten that? Be nice to see people contribute to other areas of the site.

Last edited:
I don't generally comment on this section

but from what I see on the recent comments section, far too many people are taking this game far too seriously

Oh dear, i think at 0:28 in the video i spot Ritchie McCaw doing a drop goal :/ Have i got this right?

Oh dear, i think at 0:28 in the video i spot Ritchie McCaw doing a drop goal :/ Have i got this right?

No, it wouldn't be Richie McCaw as the All Blacks are not licensed to HB's RWC game, although it is probably just a generic fly-half as I think HB have stated that the Unlicensed Players bear no resemblance to the real players.

There's loads of people here saying they're going to get the game because it looks good with the budget they had, you wouldn't buy a bad first person shooter because it had a small budget, and you wouldn't say that something like GTA or Oblivion is bad because it had a large budget, sure you can defend HB because they did the best with what they've got, but that doesn't mean you have to buy the game. And yes you can say that if you buy this game then there's a greater chance of future instalments, but I'm sorry there's not, no company will fund HB again until the next world cup, and most people on this forum will probably buy this game but look at the amount of dislikes compared to the likes and look at the comments on the trailer, this has not been accepted by the general public well at all, meaning chances are sales are going to be very low outside of this community.

Yes but you are also forgetting thatpeople want to get the game aswell. So what if it's been out shone by Sidhe It's a world cup game Football fans buy the football world cup games even though they're worse than just the normal games so are rugby fans not allowed to do the same without being told how thick they are and they're wasting their money?

It's embaressing to the forum how so many narrow-minded people are slating this game. It must also be hurtful for HB hearing so many morons complaining and critisizing after all their hard work. We could easily go into the Rugby World Cup still without any rugby games being made or released so please be thankful that not one but TWO companies are making a rugby game and decide which you prefer when both games have been played.

It's embaressing to the forum how so many narrow-minded people are slating this game. It must also be hurtful for HB hearing so many morons complaining and critisizing after all their hard work. We could easily go into the Rugby World Cup still without any rugby games being made or released so please be thankful that not one but TWO companies are making a rugby game and decide which you prefer when both games have been played.

I've said this a few times but we have nothing to be grateful for, it isn't charity! Anyway, I would gladly praise HB if the demo turns out to be really good, let's just wait and see then.

I've said this a few times but we have nothing to be grateful for, it isn't charity! Anyway, I would gladly praise HB if the demo turns out to be really good, let's just wait and see then.
Agree completely!! They are getting paid and this is their job!! Also RC seem to be replying to people's questions a lot more, even those that have been asked many times.

But you also have nothing to complain about and that's what he's asking you to stop doing.

i have purposfully refrained from commenting on my feelings from the trailor as I wasnt sure what I was going to expect. I felt the trailor quality was poor, way less than the RC one. I am also disapointed about some 08 aspects that have been kept in the game.

but i am also worried about the RC game, if its like the latest rugby league game they did I wont be happy as I didnt enjoy playing that. It does look great but for me game play. I love 08, sure its no perfect but I still love it over any of the other rugby games (including JLR, shoot me if you need to :p) From the screenshots the graphics look better, which will be a good start but yeah they do need to fix some of the animations, but it works, and it was a good game in 08 gameplay wise. Its not going to be perfect, nothing ever is.

Ill be purchasing this game, as well as RC. But the game that gets traded in will be the one i dont like playing the most.

I hate it when people keep on the HB for a trailer and then when they have one all they do is moan and say preoders cancelled now. I bet most of the people who have said that didn't preoder it in the 1st place!

but i am also worried about the RC game, if its like the latest rugby league game they did I wont be happy as I didnt enjoy playing that.

RC has similarities to RL3 in that we had a similar development approach and design philosophy. Under the hood a lot has changed as every system has been changed, improved, or remade from scratch and all the animation and content is completely new. Obviously, there are differences between the Wii Remote and PS3/360 controllers so there is a fundamental difference in controls there too (unless you played RL3 with a gamepad anyway). So maybe RC will have progressed enough from RL3 for you, perhaps not depending on what specifically you didn't like.

Looking forward to playing the RWC 2011 demo. Am interested to see the design decisions HB have taken in action.

Latest posts