• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

First Trailer for RWC 2011 - NOW LIVE!

This is just gonna be a HD Rugby 08 with less licences (even though from the trailer Japan looks licenced).

As I suspected - this is basically rugby 2008 dressed up as world cup 2011. Same animations, same look - in fact it could be the same game.

Reserves amo? Reserves?

I'm hurt... Even if I'm captain of them, I would rather be fringe 1st XV than be with this bunch of club-footed, short-sighted, short-statured misfits.

OH FOR F**K SAKES PEOPLE!!

stop moaning that it's rugby 08 on steroids and crap like that!!

fifa 11 is fifa 10 on steroids!!
Madden 12 is Madden 11 on steroids!!
Mortal Kombat 9 is Mortal Kombat 8 on steroids!!

the list goes on and on and on!

the trailer won't give out everything they have in store, and most demo's are also not the same as the final product! So even if you just download the demo and play it and feel that it's not good enough, you still can't write-off the game completely!

stop *****ing and moaning like bryce lawrence!! man the-F up!

This is my first time posting!!! I have read all the post regarding the RWC 2011 debacle with regards to the graphics. Guys, we getting two rugby games, which is good and we must grateful for that.

We can assess both games (RC & RWC 2011) after its release then we can make real comparisons which are best, but for the moment, let’s wait patiently, only time will tell.

We should be grateful and congratulate both HB & Sidhe for their achievements.:)

Thank you.:D

Just because one thing appears to be better (just visually at this stage),

But surely that should mean deep down inside everyone wants RC to be the better game now. There is no denying that it looks infinitely better than RWC and also has by far the most flexibility and longevity due to modes and player / team / competition creation. So surely the ideal scenario is for RC to be the better game ( visually and gameplay wise )? I certainly dont want to be stuck with a visually inept game that plays great, I would rather have the best of both worlds if I can be so bold.

I would also much rather, that as many of the collective online Rugby fans were concentrated into one product so its easier to get an online game.

But surely that should mean deep down inside everyone wants RC to be the better game now. There is no denying that it looks infinitely better than RWC and also has by far the most flexibility and longevity due to modes and player / team / competition creation. So surely the ideal scenario is for RC to be the better game ( visually and gameplay wise )? I certainly dont want to be stuck with a visually inept game that plays great, I would rather have the best of both worlds if I can be so bold.

I would also much rather, that as many of the collective online Rugby fans were concentrated into one product so its easier to get an online game.

I can't honestly say that I want RC to be the better game to play or RWC, I want them both to be good playable games. It's inevitable that one will be better than the other, so that just falls into the wait and see category.

If Hb have spent most of their time refining what was already a reasonably good game to play, had no idea (until it was announced) that someone else was out there grabbing all the licenses, then what's wrong with that? They likely had no idea of Rugby Challenge until they tried to secure some licenses and found they couldn't.

The aim was doubtlessly to include many of the competitions and licenses people want, but for obvious reasons they couldn't get them.

HB were told by the fans, over and over again, that we weren't too worried about graphics or heaps of extra animations, that we just wanted the Rugby we had before, with faster play, better ruck mechanics and options, better defensive options, bug fixes, online and just a general overhaul of what was there, but presented in HD.

It's entirely possible that the idea was to get all those things right and then, if a sequel happens to work on graphics, animations and a general cosmetic overhaul of the game.

It's not RC's fault (it's no-one's fault, it's actually lucky for anyone out there who loves rugby games right now), but really HB have been caught in a tough situation and are being kicked by the very same crowd that they tried to better rugby games for.

We have no idea about the core gameplay on both ***les and no-one else does either. It's what really counts.

Still people have become judge, jury and executioner, for people who are trying to provide the best game they can for the audience.

It's so cool to hate right now for some, it's ridiculous.

You can like something more than the other, you can want it to be the best, for sure. Mindless hate against something that appears to be cosmetically less than the other is like hating a rugby player because he's not pretty enough for you.

It's the player, not his looks.

I can't honestly say that I want RC to be the better game to play or RWC, I want them both to be good playable games. It's inevitable that one will be better than the other, so that just falls into the wait and see category.

If Hb have spent most of their time refining what was already a reasonably good game to play, had no idea (until it was announced) that someone else was out there grabbing all the licenses, then what's wrong with that? They likely had no idea of Rugby Challenge until they tried to secure some licenses and found they couldn't.

The aim was doubtlessly to include many of the competitions and licenses people want, but for obvious reasons they couldn't get them.

HB were told by the fans, over and over again, that we weren't too worried about graphics or heaps of extra animations, that we just wanted the Rugby we had before, with faster play, better ruck mechanics and options, better defensive options, bug fixes, online and just a general overhaul of what was there, but presented in HD.

It's entirely possible that the idea was to get all those things right and then, if a sequel happens to work on graphics, animations and a general cosmetic overhaul of the game.

It's not RC's fault (it's no-one's fault, it's actually lucky for anyone out there who loves rugby games right now), but really HB have been caught in a tough situation and are being kicked by the very same crowd that they tried to better rugby games for.

We have no idea about the core gameplay on both ***les and no-one else does either. It's what really counts.

Still people have become judge, jury and executioner, for people who are trying to provide the best game they can for the audience.

It's so cool to hate right now for some, it's ridiculous.

You can like something more than the other, you can want it to be the best, for sure. Mindless hate against something that appears to be cosmetically less than the other is like hating a rugby player because he's not pretty enough for you.

It's the player, not his looks.

Well thankfully im not in the pocket of either camp and I want the best looking game with the most options to play the best so I can have my cake and eat it.

OH FOR F**K SAKES PEOPLE!!

stop moaning that it's rugby 08 on steroids and crap like that!!

fifa 11 is fifa 10 on steroids!!
Madden 12 is Madden 11 on steroids!!
Mortal Kombat 9 is Mortal Kombat 8 on steroids!!

the list goes on and on and on!

the trailer won't give out everything they have in store, and most demo's are also not the same as the final product! So even if you just download the demo and play it and feel that it's not good enough, you still can't write-off the game completely!

stop *****ing and moaning like bryce lawrence!! man the-F up!

the point is we've moved on a generation and people were expecting more from such a time distance. Madden 05 on Xbox 360 wasn't Madden 04 on steroids because they'd totally reprogrammed the game.. People are ****** because there's clear evidence of outdated animations and pretty sub par graphics compared to the competition...

the point is we've moved on a generation and people were expecting more from such a time distance. Madden 05 on Xbox 360 wasn't Madden 04 on steroids because they'd totally reprogrammed the game.. People are ****** because there's clear evidence of outdated animations and pretty sub par graphics compared to the competition...

Heres a review of the first Madden 360 game

"Madden 06 on the XBOX 360 has received a lot of bad press since its release, due mostly to its lack of features when compared to the XBOX/PS2 versions. There's no superstar mode, no mini-camp mode & no practice mode for starters. I can see why the fact these features are missing irritated some gamers"

Hmmm, this seems to go completely against what you said. FIFA was the same. Better graphics but less teams and game modes

People are ****** because there's clear evidence of outdated animations and pretty sub par graphics compared to the competition...

People have no right to be ******. They are yelling to the hilltops that they won't be buying the game and it's rubbish this and crap that. Why not just decide that they don't want it after comparing the products after they are reviewed, there are demos, there are plenty of people who've an opinion either way?

No-one is reaching into their bank accounts and forcing them to buy either game. There is a strange mix of maturity and immaturity in the gaming community. Most grown-up in other aspects of life, buying cars for instance, don't run into a dealership yelling or screaming that their car doesn't have all the features of another car and trying to mock or insult the company. They either want it, or don't and move on with their lives with their dignity intact.

Some gamers on the other hand seem to think being incredibly negative and nasty is some kind of reflection of superior intelligence and maturity. It says more of the opposite to me.

If I don't like something I try my best to suggest in the most reasonable way possible that maybe it could be changed in the future. It's not hard to do, but it's not cool enough to treat people with respect like that.

People are ******? Really? That's so weird. Go buy whatever you like best and get over it maybe? :)

Come on people everyboby knew that it was build up from 08 with some improvements! Now everyone is complaining about stuff they allready knew! AJ was clear from the beginning that they focused on gameplay rather than animations!

Last edited:
Am I the only one that wouldn't mind Rugby 08 on steroids?? I don't condone the use of the substance, but surely if the original was (arguably) the best rugby game created, then a little bit of chemical help is a good thing :p

All the previews of the game so far have stated that RWC 11 is a step up from 08, which can only be a good thing. If I'm honest, i was disappointed with the trailer, but trailers aren't really meant to show off every little thing. Its most definetely got people talking about the game. Whats the old saying - "Any publicity is good publicity, unless you touching kids" (which is bad, very very very bad and no-one should do that!)

Ive been a member of this forum for about 6 years. I joined to discuss rubgy gaming, as this is and was the best place for it. While
I frequently read other sections of the forum, I do not often post. I dont feel like I have anything to contribute in that area.
Does this make me a goon for only contributing in RC and RWC11?

These days, arent people required to join in order to view gaming content?
i think hes refairing to one post wonders who only come on to fanboy and complain

i think hes refairing to one post wonders who only come on to fanboy and complain

Yeah I think so. A lot of those guys do serve one purpose, they make positive people with something decent to contribute seem like their views are even more worth reading. :)

After reading some of the comments on this thread I think the following statement is appropriate... "There can only be one" - Highlander... Back on point, it won't be Rugby WC 2011 :(

After reading some of the comments on this thread I think the following statement is appropriate... "There can only be one" - Highlander... Back on point, it won't be Rugby WC 2011 :(

Well I think with both ***les having online play now, there would be an obvious beneft to a large majority of players playing only one ***le.

Well I think with both ***les having online play now, there would be an obvious beneft to a large majority of players playing only one ***le.

There would be no doubt be a small benefit, but honestly there's enough community for two rugby games. A lot of people don't play many online games now outside of their friends list. After all, there are numerous flaws in the areas of ranking, quitting, glitching, lag and general protection against poor sportsmanship in online gaming. On top of that you get gloaters and idiots who think it's funny to turn music up loud on their headsets, it's not the be all and end all.

There's still plenty of options for people to game with their mates, both online and offline and in those cases it's not that important that there is just one game. Rugby is smaller than soccer and Madden etc, but it's bigger than League and more diverse an audience than cricket.

This whole "we need everyone playing one game" isn't a big one for me. :)

That's actually not the point to be back on. It sounds like a statement of fact too, but merely an opinion dressed up as such though.

There would be no doubt be a small benefit, but honestly there's enough community for two rugby games. A lot of people don't play many online games now outside of their friends list. After all, there are numerous flaws in the areas of ranking, quitting, glitching, lag and general protection against poor sportsmanship in online gaming. On top of that you get gloaters and idiots who think it's funny to turn music up loud on their headsets, it's not the be all and end all.

There's still plenty of options for people to game with their mates, both online and offline and in those cases it's not that important that there is just one game. Rugby is smaller than soccer and Madden etc, but it's bigger than League and more diverse an audience than cricket.

This whole "we need everyone playing one game" isn't a big one for me. :)

Latest posts