• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

France vs England

England getting a couple of chances here, but just can't finish them =/
Interesting moving Flood to 12, instead of leaving Flutey on for a straight switch
Still up for grabs, just 5 points in it

Now to see if Wilkinsons been working on his kicking....
And apparently he has!
12 - 10

Amazing call by the ref, yet Moore is far from happy. Sigh.

England playing quite well at the moment.

If this is it, then that's poo!
England wasted two/three try scoring chances, and France are un-deserving winners (of this match at least)

f*** nuggets.
France didn't deserve that one bit.
Can managers make formal complaints about referees? Because that performance certainly warrants one.

Referee's a cheat. Referee's a cheat. Referee's a cheat. Referee's a cheat. Referee's a cheat. Referee's a cheat. Referee's a cheat. Referee's a cheat. Referee's a cheat.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Olyy @ Mar 20 2010, 09:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
England wasted two/three try scoring chances, and France are un-deserving winners (of this match at least)

f*** nuggets.
Can managers make formal complaints about referees? Because that performance certainly warrants one.[/b]

Disagree. France were always in control. England never looked like winnig while France took thegame without ever getting out of second gear. In many ways reminicent of the Ireland England game. England had plenty of ball, but despite new personel in the backline, they did very little with it.

Oh, and how good was Mike Tindall tonight? Englands best player. Parra MOTM.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (feicarsinn @ Mar 20 2010, 09:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Olyy @ Mar 20 2010, 09:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

f*** nuggets.
Can managers make formal complaints about referees? Because that performance certainly warrants one.[/b]

Disagree. France were always in control. England never looked like winnig while France took thegame without ever getting out of second gear. In many ways reminicent of the Ireland England game. England had plenty of ball, but despite new personel in the backline, they did very little with it.

Oh, and how good was Mike Tindall tonight? Englands best player. Parra MOTM.
[/b][/quote]
I disagree, England certainly looked like winning, we wasted three tries. France weren't always in control, they were defending for pretty much all of the 2nd half, whether it be in their 22 or ours, they never looked like scoring.

And i agree about Tindall, he played extremely well, no idea why they took him off (commentators said that when they spoke to him he said he still wanted to be on the field/doesnt know why he's off either) - When he came off our attack slowed down immensely.

Well done, France. Tough one to play, especially with so few points in it - temptation to risk it by opening up to get a try.

Cole was terrible in the front row, but France scrum awesome. Foden had a mighty game, and Ashton too except for that early chip ahead.

Puzzled by the replacements. Why didn't Harinord come back on? Why was Basta taken off? But the big question: WHY was Tindall replaced by Mr Fairy Liquid??? Because there was no more Basta to tackle?

Moment of the game was Dussautoir's tackle on Moody at about 50 mins.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (wertas @ Mar 20 2010, 08:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I don't understand why enhglishmen are so upset about rain, saying it is disadvantage for them. What a hell they are talking about? :D rain was disadvantage for france flair game, but they scored points.[/b]

what are you talking about? 'french flair game'. they are an amazingly talented team with great flair but you can't just say its a disadvantage to them when they weren't playing that sort of game. bearing in mind the game that was being played it affected england far more;

bad refereeing but france had what it took to close the game out despite not playing that well. really really frustrating for an england fan but i think there are plenty of positives, at the risk of sounding like steve borthwick. foden and ashton can't lose their places after that.

And for once I wasn't too disappointed with MJ's subs. tindall shouldnt have come off. but I think bringing flutey off for wilkinson was a good call. flutey has been so anonymous this whole tournament. as a wasps fan I know what he can do but hes just been so average. and if our territory had been better wilko might have beeen able to have a decisive influence

Enjoy it France, this is what its all about!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
England certainly looked like winning[/b]

Did they? They got within two points and then nothing at all happened until the final whistle. They only scored 10 points and 3 in the second half for crying out loud!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
defending for pretty much all of the 2nd half[/b]

Yep, but they very rarely looked stretched. They did the bare minimum admittedly but this is the second time in this championship that England have had the majority of possession and done sod all. I'd still be worried.

Also Brainking, do grow up.

EDIT: Oh look I made 2000 posts! Hussah!

It's all downhill from here isn't it? :(

Yeah, BrainKing is the kind of fan that gives the rest a bad name :p

I don't know about not being stretched, if they were comfortably defending, how did England get so close to getting those two tries, which only weren't scored due to bad decisions on behalf of the attacker, not because of a try saving tackle?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Olyy @ Mar 20 2010, 09:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

I don't know about not being stretched, if they were comfortably defending, how did England get so close to getting those two tries, which only weren't scored due to bad decisions on behalf of the attacker, not because of a try saving tackle?[/b]
Twas a rouse by the French to give the English some hope before dashing it with an unbreakable blue line! But seriously, England never even got into a position to have a crack at a DG. Not great really. Still an improved performance.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (feicarsinn @ Mar 20 2010, 09:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Olyy @ Mar 20 2010, 09:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I don't know about not being stretched, if they were comfortably defending, how did England get so close to getting those two tries, which only weren't scored due to bad decisions on behalf of the attacker, not because of a try saving tackle?[/b]
Twas a rouse by the French to give the English some hope before dashing it with an unbreakable blue line! But seriously, England never even got into a position to have a crack at a DG. Not great really. Still an improved performance.
[/b][/quote]
True true, i thought we were going to get one at the scrum at about 75ish mins, but it was too far out.
If only that last lineout had gone our way :(

There's always next year (it seems so far away :cryy: )

So you're obviously disagreeing with me about my frustration, does that express that you thought the ref's decisions were professional?

Haha....

Well I guess we won't complain about this one. We played with 8 men and Poitrenaud and never looked like scoring a try apart from that Marty break but who gives a crap.

I have to say a thousand kudos to England. I don't know what it is with you guys but you have a very annoying habit of playing well against us, and we were lucky to get away with it this time. If it is of any consolation, I think you have found your back three and shouldn't let it go.

Now to go get boozed :D :D

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BrainKing @ Mar 20 2010, 09:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
So you're obviously disagreeing with me about my frustration, does that express that you thought the ref's decisions were professional?

Haha....[/b]

facepalm.jpg

Hooray! Everything I wanted from this result came true.
France got their grand slam, but England played far better and Foden and Ashton gave great and good performances respectively, so Johno can't drop either easily.
Down points include the great games that Palmer and Tindall played. How are we going to get rid of them if they come along and play like that?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BrainKing @ Mar 20 2010, 09:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

Haha....[/b]
Nah, it's just i can make a point about my disappointment with his decisions without looking like a dick.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (iWin @ Mar 20 2010, 10:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Down points include the great games that Palmer and Tindall played. How are we going to get rid of them if they come along and play like that?[/b]
Haha, i was thinking that!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (elgringoborracho @ Mar 20 2010, 10:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Well I guess we won't complain about this one. We played with 8 men and Poitrenaud and never looked like scoring a try apart from that Marty break but who gives a crap.

I have to say a thousand kudos to England. I don't know what it is with you guys but you have a very annoying habit of playing well against us, and we were lucky to get away with it this time. If it is of any consolation, I think you have found your back three and shouldn't let it go.

Now to go get boozed :D :D[/b]

Enjoy it. Deserved.

Yeah I'm really glad foden and ashton in, armitage and monye out. Both good players but If i ever see monye knock the ball on in the tackle again I probably will cry. England have such a habit of playing significantly better in the last SN game; for example France last year and Ireland year before. Its annoying actually becuase it gives us license at the end of the tournament to say 'what if' and, 'if only...' but in reality we werent good enough overall to be going for the ***le.