• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

France vs New Zealand

Only thing I can say is CONGRATULATIONS to France for a marvellous game.

For too long they've been shagged by Kiwis but they know just the right place & right time to take their revenge...and it bloody f**king hurts.

At least the pain is lessen knowing that the All Blacks will be sharing the same flight back home with the Wallabies.

<div class='quotemain'>
In NZ no one is blaming the ref not even the media, BUT we are all mourning from a devastating lost, but not once have i ever seen on our t.v any excuse made up on why we lost the game. French won fair and square all the hype is from everywhere else
[/b]

Up here in the UK, it sounds pretty bad back home.

I have to say that idiot who f*cked with the Wiki profile of Wayne Barnes including outrageous threats, has done nothing but make us look like the sore losers than some of our clan are.

I could understand changing a bit for a joke, but totally over the top - and right in view of the worlds audience???

Always one f*cks it up for the masses!! [/b][/quote]

http://www.stuff.co.nz/4230504a10.html - Jack Hobbs blames ref

http://www.stuff.co.nz/4231293a10295.html - Talk about Barnes not reffing finals

http://www.stuff.co.nz/4231308a10295.html - Barnes in list of top refs we hate

http://www.stuff.co.nz/4230267a10295.html - Aussies calling us chokers....again :)

http://www.stuff.co.nz/4231267a10295.html - Media gets in the "choke" brigade

There was another barnes one around but i cant find it.

So basically the media is talking up about barnes being a tool. IMO he did do some stupid things that cost us a bit but basically we should still have won with the possesion we had. French defnese was just too good on the day (though half the time they were offside, not according to the refs though just to me :D)

just thought they may be of interest.

The refs the easiest target but don't you think the All Blacks should of just played better to make sure that some silly calls like a forward pass wouldn't matter. If they had of performed better maybe than we wouldn't be complaining about some ref.

Both sides had some bad calls it just seems worst for the All Blacks cause we lost. Forward pass or not it was still an excellent try and I think we need to applaud good Rugby more and give the French their credit for an awesome performance.

As much as I hate to admit it, but I think we witnessed McCaw's true leadership skills in this game. All very well when we're on the front foot (which applies to the last 3 years), but when we're on the ropes he just seems to disappear.

I don't won't to see him lose his captaincy over this, but I think you might find it shift to the likes of either Jerry Collins or Rodney So'oialo. McCaw also plays so much better without the burden of being captain. Jerry and Rodney would do a better job and I think would really make their presence more felt as a leader in tough times. An example is when we played England in 2005 at Twickers, we won 22-19 I think, thanks to Collins leading a 13 man team for the best part of 20 minutes.

Thoughts? [/b]

I don't think its a case of shifting the Captaincy. You need to get players there who can stand up and bang their fist on the table and scream and shout when the crap hits the fan. England in 2003 had Martin Johnson Lawrence Dallaglio, Richard Hill, Jason Leonard, Matt Dawson and more; all were loud, vocal and got very angry and as a result boosted motivation when England were up against it.

Where are those guys for New Zealand? They all look very quiet. Kelleher looked like he said absolutely nothing for most of the match. Carter needs to get very aggressive very quickly, he can't stay nice guy for the rest of his life and the Devils trio or whatever they're called need to actually make a name for themselves and need to start getting very ****** off when the team aren't performing. Jerry Collins would have been the perfect guy to get everyone in a huddle and go mental and buck the teams ideas up but even he was pretty annonymous vocally.

Sod the history and sod the mental attitude, that former is all in the past and the latter is just mental mumbo jumbo. New Zealand need to get angry and they need to get angry ASAP. Get four years practice and the next time they play a game that actually matters they'll sail through with flying colours and fifty points to the positive. Trust me.

I'll just add this joke since it came out the same day we lost.

Did you hear about the new All Black bra? Full support & no cup.

<div class='quotemain'> As much as I hate to admit it, but I think we witnessed McCaw's true leadership skills in this game. All very well when we're on the front foot (which applies to the last 3 years), but when we're on the ropes he just seems to disappear.

I don't won't to see him lose his captaincy over this, but I think you might find it shift to the likes of either Jerry Collins or Rodney So'oialo. McCaw also plays so much better without the burden of being captain. Jerry and Rodney would do a better job and I think would really make their presence more felt as a leader in tough times. An example is when we played England in 2005 at Twickers, we won 22-19 I think, thanks to Collins leading a 13 man team for the best part of 20 minutes.

Thoughts? [/b]

I don't think its a case of shifting the Captaincy. You need to get players there who can stand up and bang their fist on the table and scream and shout when the crap hits the fan. England in 2003 had Martin Johnson Lawrence Dallaglio, Richard Hill, Jason Leonard, Matt Dawson and more; all were loud, vocal and got very angry and as a result boosted motivation when England were up against it.

Where are those guys for New Zealand? They all look very quiet. Kelleher looked like he said absolutely nothing for most of the match. Carter needs to get very aggressive very quickly, he can't stay nice guy for the rest of his life and the Devils trio or whatever they're called need to actually make a name for themselves and need to start getting very ****** off when the team aren't performing. Jerry Collins would have been the perfect guy to get everyone in a huddle and go mental and buck the teams ideas up but even he was pretty annonymous vocally.

Sod the history and sod the mental attitude, that former is all in the past and the latter is just mental mumbo jumbo. New Zealand need to get angry and they need to get angry ASAP. Get four years practice and the next time they play a game that actually matters they'll sail through with flying colours and fifty points to the positive. Trust me.
[/b][/quote]

You actually speak sense here. All our guys are too nice. The only guy who speaks his mind openly is Jerry where all the others seem like puppets. I'm sick of this"oh, we are playing Scotland this week which is always a tough game and we'll have to be at our peak to beat them", coming week in week out from everyone. What the f***? Are you joking me? Scotland never cause us trouble and we always romp home no matter what. We're kidding ourselves talking **** like that, we need hard honest and brutally truthful leaders in our team who carry that mentality on the field.

Is this any good? :

gallery_2191_2_31931.jpg

safe_image.php

safe_image.php

safe_image.php

Dunno if anyone's ever mentioned this before, but this song is very fitting for the outcome of this match:

Marie Laforet - Marie Douceur, Marie Colère (Paint It Black)

You actually speak sense here. All our guys are too nice. The only guy who speaks his mind openly is Jerry where all the others seem like puppets. I'm sick of this"oh, we are playing Scotland this week which is always a tough game and we'll have to be at our peak to beat them", coming week in week out from everyone. What the f***? Are you joking me? Scotland never cause us trouble and we always romp home no matter what. We're kidding ourselves talking **** like that, we need hard honest and brutally truthful leaders in our team who carry that mentality on the field. [/b]

No, you're going about it the wrong way there. You're assuming that the team has to have attain a natrual air of arrogance which is something, as Kiwis, that comes free as part of the package.

What I mean is that you need players who don't just speak up, but get so angry at the predicament that they throw fellow players against walls, slam doors so hard that they break and generally bellow and go bersek until the rest of the team gets the message and ups their game.

Want to know why Martin Johnson was such a good Captain? Because he could voice his sheer rage and frustration at the team's performance and channel it into a means to boost the team. New Zealand have nothing like that right now.

You don't need some sneering arrogant man with a monocle sniffing at the sight of the opposition, what you need are several experienced and very angry men who put the fear of god into the younger team members.

Want to know why Martin Johnson was such a good Captain? Because he could voice his sheer rage and frustration at the team's performance and channel it into a means to boost the team. New Zealand have nothing like that right now.

You don't need some sneering arrogant man with a monocle sniffing at the sight of the opposition, what you need are several experienced and very angry men who put the fear of god into the younger team members.
[/b]

it's also Aussies problem since Eales. Gregan is a great player, but I imagine him yapping at you would just make you to say 'sod off, George'.

Where as Johnson tells you to do something you say 'Sir, yes Sir!)

NEVER NEVER NEVER before have i seen this All Black team implode in such tragic fashion.
[/b]

Ummmmm yep we have seen this before. Against Australia this year.....in Rustenberg or whatever against South Africa last year.......against South Africa over there in 2005....we have seen the AB's lose close games when they appeared out of sorts.

THIS WAS ONE OF OUR MAIN WEAKNESSES and should have been addressed after those past losses in those close games...the lack of leadership and direction and the team obviously putting up the white flag. Henry should have realised that we lacked a leader amongst our stars....Umaga was aging and losing it a bit but at least he offered leadership and made the guys around him grow taller when they were afraid!

<div class='quotemain'>You actually speak sense here. All our guys are too nice. The only guy who speaks his mind openly is Jerry where all the others seem like puppets. I'm sick of this"oh, we are playing Scotland this week which is always a tough game and we'll have to be at our peak to beat them", coming week in week out from everyone. What the f***? Are you joking me? Scotland never cause us trouble and we always romp home no matter what. We're kidding ourselves talking **** like that, we need hard honest and brutally truthful leaders in our team who carry that mentality on the field. [/b]

No, you're going about it the wrong way there. You're assuming that the team has to have attain a natrual air of arrogance which is something, as Kiwis, that comes free as part of the package.

What I mean is that you need players who don't just speak up, but get so angry at the predicament that they throw fellow players against walls, slam doors so hard that they break and generally bellow and go bersek until the rest of the team gets the message and ups their game.

You don't need some sneering arrogant man with a monocle sniffing at the sight of the opposition, what you need are several experienced and very angry men who put the fear of god into the younger team members. [/b][/quote]

There's a great documentary on Ireland's 6N campaign, which shows lots of shouting and cursing in the dressing room before each match, guys trying to pump themselves up. You can even hear someone puking up in the background. It's all a bit schoolboy. A kiwi on here commented that that's alien to the NZ way, where cold confidence is preferred.

Carter may have looked nervous before the 1/4 final, but last November the entire French team looked frightened before both tests. It's impossible to say which is the best way to prepare for conflict, but leaders on the pitch make the real difference - give confidence rather than scare the **** out their own players.

A great captain like Johnson, Eales or Fitzpatrick is rare, and I don't think we've seen any in this RWC. Maybe Pichot is coming in to his own - he's not as brash as I've seen him before.

Sorry to have this turn into a rant but I've read some ridiculous things on the forum recently.

England manage to put a couple of scrums together which helps them beat an Aussie side that forgot to get up for the biggest game of their lives and suddenly the whole world apart from England's rugby is shite.... The AB's are outplayed by the French and suddenly everyone labels them chokers- Now if anyone believe that then they are naive and don't have any respect for the effort and intelligent gameplay France put in to nullify the AB threats, even the way they stared the HAka down was to take the psychological edge from the Kiwis.

The fact of these knockout stages is that someone will end up as the losing side after 80 minutes. Instead of continuing to bring these guys down, spare a thought for our rugby brothers and their respective sides, all over the world, especially those that narrowly missed out on the semi's - Fiji, Aus, NZ, Sco because it could've easily been the other way around.

The AB's are outplayed by the French and suddenly everyone labels them chokers- [/b]
not trying to jump on the bandwagon here but 70% possession, 65% territory both in NZ's favour yet you say you were outplayed? You lost the game, the French didnt win it.

I'm not saying this with a smile, as I do sympathise, but it had to have been a mental thing. For the first time in close to 4 years, you looked kinda clueless.

I was shattered straight after the game but have somewhat become accustomed to the All Blacks losing in the RWC. I quickly got over it because the I thought to myself the All Blacks have kept me happy for the last 4 years straight and they'll most likely do the same in the next 4 years.

France deserve their win and I hope to god they whoop the **** off England because even thou they beat us I'd still rather them than England in the final. Well that and plus I use to go with a French Maori girl lol so go the Frenchies!

<div class='quotemain'> The AB's are outplayed by the French and suddenly everyone labels them chokers- [/b]
not trying to jump on the bandwagon here but 70% possession, 65% territory both in NZ's favour yet you say you were outplayed? You lost the game, the French didnt win it.

I'm not saying this with a smile, as I do sympathise, but it had to have been a mental thing. For the first time in close to 4 years, you looked kinda clueless.

[/b][/quote]

I must remind people that QKXV isn't a Kiwi, just a very merry and dancing prone Saffa...

<div class='quotemain'> The AB's are outplayed by the French and suddenly everyone labels them chokers- [/b]

[/b][/quote]

Agree with that 100%, Log......