• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Game stopped for....

V

Vambo

Hailstone! :lol:

Bloody BIG hailstones mind :D

Happened midway through the first half of Castres v Toulouse.

Castres look absolutely diabolical this season.

Just a bit of small hailstone shower for everyone, in fact the referee was more worrying about the lightning strike with this thunderstorm over the stadium, and therefore suspended the match about 10 min.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Mr.cyclopede @ Oct 4 2008, 06:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Just a bit of small hailstone shower for everyone, in fact the referee was more worrying about the lightning strike with this thunderstorm over the stadium, and therefore suspended the match about 10 min.[/b]

It happened in Clermont's stadium 30 years ago, an ASM player, Jean-François Philiponneau, was stroke by a lightning and died.

Oh I thought it might of been another fight but hailstones is crazy I've never heard of it happening during a Rugby match.

Byron Kelleher was for him not very surprised, and even told was used to play in such weather conditions in the south of new Zealand...Don't know NZ climate, but suppose that must be like in France very variable, depending not only from the seasons, but also from the regions

This is the fact how weather "stands for" sport :D :D :D

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Doubt it was only the hailstones, sicne a few seasons ago I went to watch a Blues vs Borgoin (sp?) Heineken Cup pool game at the Arms Park, and about 10 mins into the second half it started tipping it down with pretty big hailstones, and even the players with scrum caps on were covering their heads. Game still went on, and I think Cardiff went on to win it
So it could have been the thunder and lighting?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Thingimubob @ Oct 5 2008, 03:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Doubt it was only the hailstones, sicne a few seasons ago I went to watch a Blues vs Borgoin (sp?) Heineken Cup pool game at the Arms Park, and about 10 mins into the second half it started tipping it down with pretty big hailstones, and even the players with scrum caps on were covering their heads. Game still went on, and I think Cardiff went on to win it
So it could have been the thunder and lighting?[/b]

I think you're right, it was commented afterthe match that the referee interrupted the match due to the lightnings.

Latest posts