• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Gareth Jenkins Sacked

G

gjohn85

Breaking news is that Jenks has been sacked by WRU chief executive Roger Lewis and chairman David Pickering at the team hotel on Sunday. They are rumours that Wales will look for a Foreign coach to replace Jenkins.

ABOUT TIME. 6 games won in 20, not good, with argueably the most talented team in last 10 years!! Foreign coaches have no bias, so should be interesting!

Nick Mallett & Eddie Jones are the two names being mentioned as successor to Jenkins. This is just rumours though.

Very brave decision there by the WRU. Any ideas on who could replace him? Nick Mallet has already been taken by Italy I think.

Very brave decision there by the WRU. Any ideas on who could replace him? [/b]
Read my last post. ;)

They are apparently looking for a foreign coach with Nick Mallet & Eddie Jones in the frame.

John Kirwan! Or Graham Henry again, and let him restructure things as he likes this time!

<div class='quotemain'> Very brave decision there by the WRU. Any ideas on who could replace him? [/b]
Read my last post. ;)

They are apparently looking for a foreign coach with Nick Mallet & Eddie Jones in the frame. [/b][/quote]

...and do you know who could be in the frame to be the new Welsh Coach? :lol:

<div class='quotemain'> <div class='quotemain'> Very brave decision there by the WRU. Any ideas on who could replace him? [/b]
Read my last post. ;)

They are apparently looking for a foreign coach with Nick Mallet & Eddie Jones in the frame. [/b][/quote]

...and do you know who could be in the frame to be the new Welsh Coach? :lol:
[/b][/quote] Sir Clive Woodward is going to be the new Welsh Coach. He's bringing back Scott Quinnell, Scott Gibbs, Alan Bateman & he borrowing Hensons fake tan. :p

Well, they should have done that in the first place!

Would it be fair to say that the chickens that Alfie and all those involved in "Ruddockgate" have now definitely come home to roost? Or are we all sticking to the WRU party of "if we pretend that nobody knows anything about what happened, not that anything did happen of course, then we'll be fine"?

I would like to know what happened with Ruddocks departure. It does seem like player power that ousted him out.

Well, they should have done that in the first place!

Would it be fair to say that the chickens that Alfie and all those involved in "Ruddockgate" have now definitely come home to roost? Or are we all sticking to the WRU party of "if we pretend that nobody knows anything about what happened, not that anything did happen of course, then we'll be fine"? [/b]
You're absolutely right. The players involved in "Ruddockgate" are to blame for Wales' current woes. They had an excellent coaching setup but decided it wasn't enough.

Off the top of my head Robbie Deans, Nick Mallett, Pierre Berbizier, Eddie Jones, Wayne Smith and Warren Gatland are possible successors. On face value, that's an impressive list but South Africa, Italy, Australia, New Zealand and France will all probably be on the lookout for new coaches too. You could possibly add Ireland to that list.

Wales have made the righ decision in getting rid of Jenkins. What they need to do now is take their time to make the right appointment since it's about 5 months until they play again. Whoever gets the job will have to clear out a lot of deadwood and has a huge job on his hands.

Nick Mallet did say that he had been approached by Italy. Pierre Berbizier is going to coach a French club I think and Eddie Jones will be with Saracens for this season I believe.

Nick Mallet did say that he had been approached by Italy. Pierre Berbizier is going to coach a French club I think and Eddie Jones will be with Saracens for this season I believe. [/b]
It will be interesting what Mallett will do because WRU are known to give a good money contract. Will Mallett go for the money deal or will he go with the Italians

My view? Wales would do much better to get Pierre Berbizier, the way he has transformed Italy over the last few years was nothing short of amazing. I think he'd be able to do amazing things with Wales.

You do realise that you don't have to go to the SH to get great coaching talent?

My view? Wales would do much better to get Pierre Berbizier, the way he has transformed Italy over the last few years was nothing short of amazing. I think he'd be able to do amazing things with Wales.

You do realise that you don't have to go to the SH to get great coaching talent?
[/b]

+1 !

<div align="center">
n761000570_1331202_8036.jpg

I could not but resist putting that up, there are strong stories coming from Cardiff this afternoon that Scott Johnson is on his way back but not as a head coach, the stories are that he might be coming back as skills coach or joint coach with another, although my fav's for the job are Gatlan and Berbizier​
</div><div align="center"> </div>

Well i went on Sky Sports website earlier & they said Phil Davies (Scarlets) is hot favourite for the hot seat.

It seems inexplicable and sad that such a rugby mad nation as Wales cannot be a real force in world rugby. They need a coach who can inspire that dormant beast that was Welsh rugby in the 50s, 60s and 70s (hell even the 87 team was good!). If not then World Cup quarter final appearances are the best they can hope for in our lifetime.

Sean Fitzpatrick said earlier that Robbie Deans would be the ideal foreign coach to take over the Welsh job.

Latest posts