• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

gareth thomas loves nigel owens

respect to him, to be honest who cares (as in people who will turn against him because of it)
i hope he gets the respect he deserves

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (cyRil of Ospreylia @ Dec 19 2009, 02:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
So? What's your point?[/b]
To camouflage his insecurity about his own sexuality, obviously. You know. Over-compensation. Protesting too much.
Surely the lesson of today is that he no longer needs to mask his true identity with an agressive macho pose, either from others or from himself. It's a new world for the closet gay rugby fan.
Nobody is now going to judge.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (feicarsinn @ Dec 19 2009, 05:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Gay or not, he's still a twat.[/b]
If that's how you like to think of him, whatever you choose to do behind closed doors is your business.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Little Richardjohn @ Dec 19 2009, 05:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (feicarsinn @ Dec 19 2009, 05:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Gay or not, he's still a twat.[/b]
If that's how you like to think of him, whatever you choose to do behind closed doors is your business.
[/b][/quote]

Ok? Thanks for the permission....

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Lydiates Girl @ Dec 19 2009, 05:55 PM)</div>
if you think like that - then hes a nice caring twat[/b]

I'm sorry but this made very little sense to me. I'm seriously stumped by it.

Every welsh rugby fan has known this for countless years.
I've always disliked Gareth Thomas; I never saw an improvement from him as a person (not a player) whilst on the rugby field to dignify being giving captain's role. He's immature and if what i've heard is true that his try celebration is an anti-english gesture then this just proves even more how much of a dick he is.
I don't really care if he's straight or gay. It doesn't matter in sport - I just hope he's not perceived as a Saint now, regardless of how brave his move might have been.

I just saw a quick ad on Prime News saying a Rugby player has said he can't live a lie anymore and has come out and announce that he's gay than they showed a picture of Gareth Thomas.

I didn't even realise he was still playing but he's kind of a favourite player of mine. Hope it doesn't effect his career or his family life it'll be sad if it does.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (jawmalawm24 @ Dec 20 2009, 06:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I didn't even realise he was still playing but he's kind of a favourite player of mine. Hope it doesn't effect his career or his family life it'll be sad if it does.[/b]
I remember he played very well against the All Blacks both for Wales and the Lions when no one else was. he earned heaps of respect for that.

This one completely blindsided me, didn't expect it at all... Well good luck to him in this new chapter of his life.

Latest posts