• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

gareth thomas loves nigel owens

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (RC @ Dec 19 2009, 09:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Every welsh rugby fan has known this for countless years.
I've always disliked Gareth Thomas;[/b]
Good, an admission of partiality. we know where we stand.
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
I never saw an improvement from him as a person (not a player) whilst on the rugby field to dignify being giving captain's role. He's immature and if what i've heard is true that his try celebration is an anti-english gesture then this just proves even more how much of a dick he is.[/b]
Boo hoo. You hate him because he indulged in a bit of banter at the expense of the English? On the basis of something you HEARD? You're a real patriot, I can tell.
I don't really care if he's straight or gay. It doesn't matter in sport[/b]
You are a joker, I'll give you that. Just not very funny.
If it doesn't matter, why has it taken so long for this to happen in rugby?
The fact is that sponsors are very particular, and until very recently could co-erce people into psychologically damaging denial of who they were in order to keep up with the competition. This has begun to be eroded in other sports, but not in rugby until Nigel Davies and now Alfie.
- I just hope he's not perceived as a Saint now, regardless of how brave his move might have been.[/b]
When someone does call him a saint, you let us know. But it is a fact that this is a brave move, otherwise, it wouldn't be the first. That is something to be proud of, and to admire Alfie for. And something which should make you reassess his previous behaviour.
But you're happy in your mood, at Christmas, so fair enough.

It's funny gareth thomas is gay because he seems to be the only Welsh player who doesnt wear fake tan.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Little Richardjohn @ Dec 21 2009, 04:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (RC @ Dec 19 2009, 09:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Every welsh rugby fan has known this for countless years.
I've always disliked Gareth Thomas;[/b]
Good, an admission of partiality. we know where we stand.
I never saw an improvement from him as a person (not a player) whilst on the rugby field to dignify being giving captain's role. He's immature and if what i've heard is true that his try celebration is an anti-english gesture then this just proves even more how much of a dick he is.[/b]
Boo hoo. You hate him because he indulged in a bit of banter at the expense of the English? On the basis of something you HEARD? You're a real patriot, I can tell.
I don't really care if he's straight or gay. It doesn't matter in sport[/b]
You are a joker, I'll give you that. Just not very funny.
If it doesn't matter, why has it taken so long for this to happen in rugby?
The fact is that sponsors are very particular, and until very recently could co-erce people into psychologically damaging denial of who they were in order to keep up with the competition. This has begun to be eroded in other sports, but not in rugby until Nigel Davies and now Alfie.
- I just hope he's not perceived as a Saint now, regardless of how brave his move might have been.[/b]
When someone does call him a saint, you let us know. But it is a fact that this is a brave move, otherwise, it wouldn't be the first. That is something to be proud of, and to admire Alfie for. And something which should make you reassess his previous behaviour.
But you're happy in your mood, at Christmas, so fair enough.
[/b][/quote]
Ooh.jpg

Oooh, matron!

Love him or loathe him, you gotta admit that was one of the toughest and bravest move done by a well-known rugby player.

Hope this gives Giteau & co. the courage to finally come out..

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Juggernaut @ Dec 20 2009, 08:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Love him or loathe him, you gotta admit that was one of the toughest and bravest move done by a well-known rugby player.

Hope this gives Giteau & co. the courage to finally come out..[/b]

Don't forget Nonu.

Its funny how it has become such a big issue, when it really shouldn't be. You don't hear players "coming out" telling the world they are straight. Shouldn't really be any different for gay players, but unfortunately it still is. Doesn't change my opinion of him at all though, his sexuality is a complete non-factor when i judge him as a rugby player.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (GunnerAsh @ Dec 21 2009, 10:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Its funny how it has become such a big issue, when it really shouldn't be. You don't hear players "coming out" telling the world they are straight. Shouldn't really be any different for gay players, but unfortunately it still is. Doesn't change my opinion of him at all though, his sexuality is a complete non-factor when i judge him as a rugby player.[/b]
That is a DISGRACEFUL piece of common sense.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (GunnerAsh @ Dec 20 2009, 10:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Its funny how it has become such a big issue, when it really shouldn't be. You don't hear players "coming out" telling the world they are straight. Shouldn't really be any different for gay players, but unfortunately it still is. Doesn't change my opinion of him at all though, his sexuality is a complete non-factor when i judge him as a rugby player.[/b]

i agree

Can we not speculate on other players' sexuality please? That's not a legal bill I'd like to foot.

Latest posts