• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Greatest Live Band Ever?

Still, I saw them at Reading 2003.
[/b]

I was there too!

my reaction

and stage (not with metallica on it though)

Was such a good gig, if memory serves me right they were promoting sta anger album and had their new bassist. What a festival, when we were leaving people kept shouting: 'hey there's party boy' and my girlfriend was like: " how do these people know you' I had walked around with a bottle of tequila meeting people, sitting at their fires and just talking ****. That's brought back some great memories.

Metallica used to be on my "Must See" Bands list, but after hearing/seeing how **** they are live after Newsted left they have kind of gone down.

I saw the Red Hot Chili Peppers in Wellington on their Blood Sugar Sex Magik tour and they were crap. They played what must have been on of the shortest sets in history - 45 minutes - and were booed when the crowd realised that they weren't coming back to do an encore.[/b]

When abouts was that? I have a Chili Peppers DVD from 1992 from Wellington and they play a 108 minute show - although that was in November and is tainted by the presence of Arik Marshall.

Although that show you went to was probably on the tour when the band was literally falling apart - from memory John quit halfway through a show in Japan.

1) Led Zeppelin
2) Pink Floyd
3) The who
4) George Thorogood
5) CCR
6) Jimi hendrix

others worth a mention are the foo fighters, pearl jam, deep purple, beatles, (especially the members after they broke up, i mean mccartney is like a million years old and hes STILL rocking!!!),

umm, Peter framptons "do you feel like i do" is good to, plus the 15min live cut of lyrid skinid's free bird.

As for nz bands

1) The Datsuns
2) Fly my pritties
3) Shihad

oh and as for the rhcp, i swear to god, every person that i talked to said that there gig at the vector arena (dont dont even start blaming it on the stadium) said it was utter ****. and they did a 30min instumental when no-one knew what the f*** was going on. chillis + instumental = ****. they are a funk rock band. it just will never work.

but then again. maybie its because stadium arcanium is the worst album in the last 50 million years.

I never seemed to really get the 'Pink Floyd vibe', only every liked one song on their most famous album...

On another note however, going to see Aerosmith this weekend!!! :D :D woot woot!

"...When abouts was that? I have a Chili Peppers DVD from 1992 from Wellington and they play a 108 minute show - although that was in November and is tainted by the presence of Arik Marshall.

Although that show you went to was probably on the tour when the band was literally falling apart - from memory John quit halfway through a show in Japan..."
Ripper.

I know that it wasn't in 1992. It must have been '96 give or take a year at the Queen's Wharf Event Centre. I guess the problem is that they come halfway around the world (normally at the end of their world tour) and play in poxy little locations and can't be stuffed anymore.

The RHCP's were probably the only concert that I have been to that I felt a bit ripped off.

I saw the Gunners play the Rod Laver Arena last Saturday night and they were awesome. Even Sebastian Bach was awesome. Well worth the money and they gave a great show.

black eyed peas, stabbing westwood and live would be the favourite ones that i have seen, in that order.

So, I finally saw Aerosmith on Sunday.

The supporting acts were a little bit of a let down, though Arkid, who I had never even heard of before, played some pretty good music, and although Jet and Chris Cornell played really superb versions of 'Are you gonna be my girl?' and 'You know my name' respectively, the inclement weather and atmosphere was a little dissapointing.

So, after two hours of rain, and a 90 minute Chris Cornell set which, after the James Bond theme tune and some of his Audioslave songs, went on for about half an hour too long, and having stood up for rougly 9 hours, I was not impressed when Aerosmith were 20 minutes late coming on stage. However...

I run out of compliments for describing the quality of Aerosmith's live performance; the pure class of the sound and the electric atmosphere from the moment they started playing. They were simply unbelievable, and blew everything we had seen before that away. We went from being cold, wet, exhausted and wanting to go home to hoping that they would stay on the whole night and the next day to! All of their songs were fantastic, the pinacle of which was their performance of 'I don't want to miss a thing' which will be something that will live with me forever - 90,000 people singing to the greatest performance I have witnessed.

I will echo the sentiments of all those who say Muse is fantastic live. I also just saw the White Stripes a week ago and have to say that they put on a pretty good show as well.

I saw RCHP in April this year when they were in Brisbane, they absolutely rocked the place, best concert I've ever been to. The Foo Fighters back in 05 would have to be my second favourite, Dave Grohl is amazing!

Of the bands that I have actually seen - Muse, Silverchair and Tool were the best. Nine inch Nails were pretty good also but they were having a bit of technical difficulty the night I saw them.

Dave Matthews Band
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/nIRTgokVU8k"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/nIRTgokVU8k" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>
They've been the highest grossing live band in the US for a long long time.

1. Oasis- Like a religious experience watching them play...
2. Kaiser Chiefs- Heaps of energy, ready to give it a red hot go
3. Arctic Monkeys- Just a real solid act
4. Kiss- It's Kiss, what else do I have to say
5. The Vasco Era- The lead singers snarl is pretty damn sweet....

PS. Rap in no good live, not the same kind of energy....

Probably the top two acts for me would be Crowded House and KISS.

Just take one look at the Live Earth performance from Saturday and you can see that the crowd and the House got right into it. Spectacular. And then there was their farewell concert, back ten years ago. That was truly remarkable, a huge crowd on the steps of the House... and they did a full concert on their soundcheck the previous evening to about 500. For those that don't really know, the concert was postponed because of this rain and as a result House just did a sound check instead. Quite a few had ome across from the US and thus could not get to the concert the following day and instead were witness to a superb, intimate event. Looking forward to seeing them supported by ARIA winning Augie March in November.

KISS are KISS... simply incredible and although I have never seen them live, I have seen Paul Stanley (solo, without the make-up). He was excellent, so I can only imagine a full scale KISS concert. They are quite simply an energetic bunch and sem to like putting on a show.

Pink Floyd is the greatest ever! Too bad I've never seen them as group live but judging by Pulse, it looks crazy.

Seen Roger Waters Dark Side of the Moon concerts a few times. Unbelievable! Which I suppose is classified as Floyd.

Aerosmith has to be up there for me as one of the most quality bands.
They are pure entertainers and even though everything is very old they certainly are not dated. Very cool.

1 - NIRVANA :bravo:

2 - MUSE :bravo:

3 - SILVERCHAIR :bravo:

4 - INCUBUS :bravo:

Dave Matthews Band by a country mile. Have to be one of the most long lasting and interactive live bands ever. To still pack out venues after so many years is incredible, just hope they finally decide to tour SA at some point, i'm not sure they realise how many fans they have out here

Definitely U2!

Nothing compares to them - you can even feel the atmosphere in their live dvd's. Awesome!

Latest posts