• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Guinness Pro 12 2014/15: Round 5

Woohoo not bad to win playing last 27mins with 14 men or less.

Now that nerves have came back I can say great game. Most of yellows were correct so can't really argue but serious work.
POC came alive again. Murray got MOTM and showed why he's Ireland's #1 9 but also why Marmion has to be backup.
Our back row was massive. Copeland finally got his taste of interprovincial rugby and delivered. Stander is just getting better and better. TOD was back to his form and POM still fired up.
Keatley has issues with hip that harm kicking slightly but his open play was brilliant.
Archer gets a lot of stick but him and Cronin (after first 10) were set props by mile tonight although Byrne did well when introduced.
Special mention for Hurley. Just gets on with it and was excellent tonight.

Botha's looked terrible this season, even worse than Archer.

**** game won by the less **** team, equally **** coaches just general ****. Head lip tapping and going 10 minutes from the end was stupidity of the highest order.

@Duck Archers played very well for most of season so far. Can't really slate him much as he has been hugely improved over last 18months.

Pathetic out of M. O'Connor saying Munster only won due to poor reffing.
We were punished correctly in 2nd half for silly penalties but the man would want to come out of fog and realise his team deserved to loose and you can't blame a ref for it.

I'm a bit nervous about the international periods for Glasgow, the way Edinburgh have been playing, we could be losing a hell of a lot of players.
yeah but also mind we have David Denton and Matt Scott injured, we dont have much off our best players atm. but hopefully we pick it up soon and for the sake off scottish rugby we have to

yeah but also mind we have David Denton and Matt Scott injured, we dont have much off our best players atm. but hopefully we pick it up soon and for the sake off scottish rugby we have to

Yeah definitely, Edinburgh do have some smashing players. I just don't think Solomons is the man that can get the best out of them, in my opinion, they should get Lineen in and start from the bottom like what he did with Glasgow.

Yeah definitely, Edinburgh do have some smashing players. I just don't think Solomons is the man that can get the best out of them, in my opinion, they should get Lineen in and start from the bottom like what he did with Glasgow.
its not really that i think Solomons doesn't pick the right team. like last game i dont know why he put an inside centre and not start Heathcote who is probably our best 10 atm

its not really that i think Solomons doesn't pick the right team. like last game i dont know why he put an inside centre and not start Heathcote who is probably our best 10 atm
Yeah, that's true too, I think the SRU should give him the rest of the season to try and improve. I just feel that there needs to be more local lads in the team, build a real squad that represents Edinburgh. Builds a culture in the team that you won't get with half the team being South African or New Zealanders.

Leinster were dreadful. Again. There is no imagination in attack and the defence was passive with Munster gaining too many easy yards.

I haven't been one to call for kneejerk reactions to poor performances and think Matt O'Connor deserved a shot this season because he needed a year to implement his philosophies on the team. What have we seen this season? The same dull, predictable rugby and players showing diminishing skills. Five or six phases going across the field making no yards passing to static attackers followed by an uncontestable up and under. Risk free rugby. Poor selection. A queestion must be asked: why are the same players so much better when playing for Ireland under Joe Schmidt? Is Matt O'Connor getting his message across? If not, alternatives will be looked at.

The backline needs radical surgery.

Yeah, that's true too, I think the SRU should give him the rest of the season to try and improve. I just feel that there needs to be more local lads in the team, build a real squad that represents Edinburgh. Builds a culture in the team that you won't get with half the team being South African or New Zealanders.
well there are certainly good enough players which can make an impact for edinburgh, local players too, and about the Lineen situation i have a feeling that Solomons is doing the same as what Lineen did for glasgow its just atm he is experimenting with the squad to see who is best to start where etc. i'm sure Solomons is Capable we just need to give him time

hopefully they wake up in the second half and show us how glasgow really play they're rugby.

Leinster were dreadful. Again. There is no imagination in attack and the defence was passive with Munster gaining too many easy yards.

I haven't been one to call for kneejerk reactions to poor performances and think Matt O'Connor deserved a shot this season because he needed a year to implement his philosophies on the team. What have we seen this season? The same dull, predictable rugby and players showing diminishing skills. Five or six phases going across the field making no yards passing to static attackers followed by an uncontestable up and under. Risk free rugby. Poor selection. A queestion must be asked: why are the same players so much better when playing for Ireland under Joe Schmidt? Is Matt O'Connor getting his message across? If not, alternatives will be looked at.

The backline needs radical surgery.

The 10 is a big issue Snoop. Leinster haven't got a guy there it seems to pull the strings.

The 10 is a big issue Snoop. Leinster haven't got a guy there it seems to pull the strings.
That's where selection is a big issue. Leinster have played 5 times this season. Jimmy Gopperth has started all 5 games at 10. Nobody else is getting a look in despite Gopperth's limitations. Likewise Darragh Fanning has started all 5 games on the wing and Sean Cronin has 5 starts at hooker. The squad isn't being rotated well enough. Not to pick on Gopperth, Fanning and Cronin but it's not as though they're playing so well that they can't be kept out of the team.

Glasgow's young prop, Fagerson, is looking quite good. Solid scrummaging with only 7 men in the pack.

absolutely definitely a good contender for loosehead for the scotland world cup squad

Latest posts